• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Posting from @MikeGarofolo's twitter account - I post because this might be indirectly related to the Chargers DC hire. if the Rams are looking at Morris that means they are not looking at Aubrey Pleasant, DB coach for their DC job. I wonder if that opens the door for Pleasant to move with Staley the Chargers. Just conjecture on my part

The #Rams are focusing on former #Falcons DC/interim HC Raheem Morris as their new defensive coordinator, sources tell me and
    @RapSheet
    . Not done yet but it's looking like he will be the one to replace new #Chargers HC Brandon Staley.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

all good
      all good

i wonder if guys like Lombardi and others just have an axe to grind . Maybe the Chargers never interviewed him or something when he felt like they should
      (granted, there is enough to critique the Spanii on - lord knows I have!) - but maybe Lombardi has a little "Buster Olney about the Padres" in him
      I think Lombardi is arrogant enough to think he’s still as relevant as an insider like Schefter or even Rapoport.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think Lombardi is arrogant enough to think he’s still as relevant as an insider like Schefter or even Rapoport.
        Good point...

"".....When I worked for Al Davis and the Raiders or when I worked for Belichick in New England.." - probably trying to live off his past

Now he is just working Sirium XM with Zig Fricassi on weekends doing the 8-midnight shift. (I don't know if thats true but wouldn't be surprised if he had a gig on that channel)

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Posting from @MikeGarofolo's twitter account - I post because this might be indirectly related to the Chargers DC hire. if the Rams are looking at Morris that means they are not looking at Aubrey Pleasant, DB coach for their DC job. I wonder if that opens the door for Pleasant to move with Staley the Chargers. Just conjecture on my part

The #Rams are focusing on former #Falcons DC/interim HC Raheem Morris as their new defensive coordinator, sources tell me and
          @RapSheet
          . Not done yet but it's looking like he will be the one to replace new #Chargers HC Brandon Staley.
          I was just about to post the same. It looks like if Staley does want Pleasant, he's gonna be available to him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

And this from Albert Breer - Rams are blocking Kevin O'Connell, at least today, from interviewing with the Chargers. Probably helps Pep or Steichen keep the job. If so, I will take Pleasant as DC

Sources: The Rams blocked OC Kevin O'Connell from interviewing for the same job with the Chargers. They really value O'Connell, and the job he did for them this year. Lines of communication remain open, so things could change. But that's where the Rams stand now.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

And this from Albert Breer - Rams are blocking Kevin O'Connell, at least today, from interviewing with the Chargers. Probably helps Pep or Steichen keep the job. If so, I will take Pleasant as DC

Sources: The Rams blocked OC Kevin O'Connell from interviewing for the same job with the Chargers. They really value O'Connell, and the job he did for them this year. Lines of communication remain open, so things could change. But that's where the Rams stand now.
              If McVay doesn't hand over play calling to him, I can't imagine that he can justify not letting him go somewhere that he will have the ability to do so.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

If McVay doesn't hand over play calling to him, I can't imagine that he can justify not letting him go somewhere that he will have the ability to do so.
                He was given the title of OC so I think they can block him.

Its cool - just go with Pep, Shane - or my name, Jim Caldwell.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Clearly those aren't Staley's choices if he was looking elsewhere so we'll see. I'd still rather let the HC pick his own staff.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

True, but being a OC without play calling duties doesn't really help to improve O'Connell's standing in the league. Whereas having an OC role that does allow you to call plays does. And not many coaches want to keep their guys from being able to grow and get opportunities. So my guess is that if McVay doesn't decide to hand over play calling, O'Connell will be available to someone who will give him that role. I could very well be wrong, but that's what my gut's telling me.

*Edit* And about Jim Caldwell. <insert puke emoji here>

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Clearly those aren't Staley's choices if he was looking elsewhere so we'll see. I'd still rather let the HC pick his own staff.
                      Not sure that is true - just might be doing his due diligence

Though for sure - he should be able to pick who he feels the best with (except if the name is Adam Gase)

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

@RapSheet
                        like54ninjas and I are secretly hoping that Staley can pry Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin to be our DC lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

McVay finally playing hard ball after letting his other OCs go get promotions elsewhere. It does provide proof that TT and Spanos did not require Staley to keep the offensive staff. So yeah, fuck Lombardi!

Comment

Working...
                          X