• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

The one bright spot for Chicago has been their defense...Da Bears will now be Da Chargers hopefully soon!

:Beer1:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Jay Rodgers is a very good hire. I hope he’s hired as DC so we don’t have to worry about him being poached by us to be DC some place else.

By all reports, he’s that good.

Now I hope we can get that Colts assistant coach to be our STs then we’ll be set everywhere except for offense.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Funny that the Seahawks fired Brian Schottenheimer because he was too pass oriented and they want someone more run dominant. Hence why their interviewing Steichen and Lynn for their OC positions.

I wonder if Spanos would be willing to put his ego aside (for what went down with his dad) and be willing to hire Brian to be our OC. Russel Wilson really developed into a top 5 QB under Brian and the Seahawks problems weren’t really their offense as much as their defense.

I think Herbert could make that same progression under Brian.

- 69-74 record
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            Funny that the Seahawks fired Brian Schottenheimer because he was too pass oriented and they want someone more run dominant. Hence why their interviewing Steichen and Lynn for their OC positions.

I wonder if Spanos would be willing to put his ego aside (for what went down with his dad) and be willing to hire Brian to be our OC. Russel Wilson really developed into a top 5 QB under Brian and the Seahawks problems weren’t really their offense as much as their defense.

Wow, Lynn to the Seahags as OC...that's almost as amusing as Gus to the Raiduhs...

:rimshot:

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Jay Rodgers is a very good hire. I hope he’s hired as DC so we don’t have to worry about him being poached by us to be DC some place else.

By all reports, he’s that good.

Now I hope we can get that Colts assistant coach to be our STs then we’ll be set everywhere except for offense.
              He should be OLine coach too. This way, we can get a bunch of UDFA DLinemen, convert them to guards and centers, and have a bunch of Kris Dielmans and a Jeff Saturday thrown in.

Comment

• eaterfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Oh God no! Brian is maybe the worst OC in football. I can't say for sure because I haven't seen every high school play. He's absolute garbage and had no understanding of modern offense. This year aside he runs more than Lynn and has no play design to get receivers open. His pass plays are basically let Wilson scramble and try to eventually find a receiver deep.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Brian got fired not because he was too pass heavy. It’s because he’s an awful play caller and designer. After week 8, defenses started to figure out his stale scheme and Brian never adjusted his passing plays to the two high look. It also didn’t help that when the Seahawks did run the ball it was always from shotgun inside zone. This is the difference between someone like Schottenheimer and the other Brian (Daboll). At best, it’s a lateral move from Steichen to Schottenheimer.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, Lynn to the Seahags as OC...that's almost as amusing as Gus to the Raiduhs...

:rimshot:
                    I’m holding out hope for Lynn or Steichen to get hired by the other AFCW teams in some capacity.

I loved it when the Broncos hired Mike McCoy as OC after we hired but they realized too quick that he was awful (and the 1 yr wonder with Tebow was a fluke) and fired him after just one season I think. Same in Arizona.

Would be nice if Denver picked up Lynn or Steichen in some capacity. Especially Steichen so we can be sure he doesn’t return here.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

If not O’Connell then Shane Waldron from the Rams is who we should be trying to poach for OC. And McVay wouldn’t be able to deny him to us because it would be a promotion for Waldron to come be OC here.

No doubt an upgrade over Steichen as well.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

He should be OLine coach too. This way, we can get a bunch of UDFA DLinemen, convert them to guards and centers, and have a bunch of Kris Dielmans and a Jeff Saturday thrown in.
                        You would need an O line coach for that, not D line.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Brian got fired not because he was too pass heavy. It’s because he’s an awful play caller and designer. After week 8, defenses started to figure out his stale scheme and Brian never adjusted his passing plays to the two high look. It also didn’t help that when the Seahawks did run the ball it was always from shotgun inside zone. This is the difference between someone like Schottenheimer and the other Brian (Daboll). At best, it’s a lateral move from Steichen to Schottenheimer.
                          Just look at how Wilson’s numbers tanked in the second half of the seasons. Defenses (Rams might have been the first) changed up safety coverage and how they played him and then everyone else just followed suit and Wilson was very pedestrian.

Comment

Working...
                          X