• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
    Man you must be related to the Spanos family at this point with how much you defend them. Spanos family are the worst owners in professional sports in North America and that’s a fact. Even James Dolan is jealous of how awful Spanos is. Everyone knows their clowns. They showed this time and time again and most evidently with the move to LA, a city that gives zero fucks about the Spanos nor the Chargers.

Instead of wasting your time on a message board, please convince your daddy or uncle or whoever they are to sell the team to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos someone that would treat it like a personal toy instead of a business.
    It is not a fact that the Spanos are the worst owners in professional sports. They’re not even the worst owners in the NFL. Pretty middle of the road actually. You making things up again UglyLies? Or are you secretly Mike Lombardi all along?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Wow. A defensive passing game coordinator. That’s a bit unique. I guess the motivated only by being cheap Dean Spanos and his meddling backward thinking son John are letting Staley take some innovative approaches to his staff all while forcing the former assistant coaches on him?

Ha!

Barry returns to where he was stolen from. It’s interesting that he was the assistant head coach in addition to linebacker coach at the Rams. So this is NOT a lateral move or a promotion. HC’s typically give the assistant head coach title to those they value and don’t want stolen. Barry has been around a while and is a former DC in the NLF along with a lot of college experience. Might be a father figure for Staley?

The DB coach from Indy is highly regarded. Don’t know about the DB coach from Denver. I guess this means we got maybe the best DL coach in the NFL on our team as a lateral move. Must say something about Staley.

And Morris rejected Meyer for McVAy says a lot, too.

TG
      All this is good stuff....however little we know about Staley, he has obviously impressed a lot of people...coaches, young and old, want to work for this guy...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...they don't call him Loyal Lynn for nothing...so loyal he was guilty of cognitive dissonance...

cog.JPG
        https://www.britannica.com/science/cognitive-dissonance
        lol..."they"? Nobody calls him loyal lynn but you, dude...and the few people on here who actually think your nicknames are funny...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          It is not a fact that the Spanos are the worst owners in professional sports. They’re not even the worst owners in the NFL. Pretty middle of the road actually. You making things up again UglyLies? Or are you secretly Mike Lombardi all along?
          I'd argue that they're not even the worst owners in the division. And I can't stand the Spani.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

We have heard so little about the offensive side of the ball...wonder if there isn't still active talks with McVay about cutting O'Connell loose.....I hope if we get him, it doesn't cost us a draft pick...or at least nothing better than a 6th.
            Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-21-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

lol..."they"? Nobody calls him loyal lynn but you, dude...and the few people on here who actually think your nicknames are funny...
              New York Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'd argue that they're not even the worst owners in the division. And I can't stand the Spani.
                Yup. Davis is much worse. The whole Bronco ownership is also still up in the air.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Tijuana
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  ...Spanos family are the worst owners in professional sports in North America and that's a fact. ...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Raheem Morris is officially the Rams DC

That could put Pleasant in play with Gannon, and the other candidates.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I would say my main issue with the Spanos (besides leaving SD) is how they spend money outside of the salary cap. Not necessarily with coaches so much as innovative things like a sports science and analytics department. That’s part of their conservative nature that I hope disappears this year. More forward thinking like the coach we just hired.

I don’t think they’re nearly as meddling as others believe on here. Alex was the one who was much more involved and got into a fight with Beathard back in the day that Dean had to mitigate.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The NFL is down to a final four of the Chiefs, Bills, Packers and Buccaneers. Here's how Chad Henne overcame last year's disappointment to make an impact.

1) Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley had done really well in his interviews, and I had written in this space that, if he didn’t land the Chargers, Texans or Eagles jobs, he’d be set up well for 2022, in the way that Robert Saleh was going into this hiring cycle or Brian Flores was going into 2019, with the point being that word gets around. But that doesn’t apply to Staley anymore, since he landed the Chargers job. So if you want a replacement for him in this category, Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett is another name to follow, along those lines, after a very solid Falcons interview.

2) Staley’s candidacy for those jobs was also monitored closely in San Francisco. Staley considered 49ers run-game coordinator Mike McDaniel for his list as OC, and my sense is that it’s going to lead to McDaniel getting the offensive coordinator title with the Niners instead. McDaniel’s the one assistant who Kyle Shanahan has brought with him to all his stops, which says all you need to know.

3) An interesting name to watch: Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon. He could wind up in Atlanta in a co-defensive coordinator situation (with Dean Pees), or with Josh McDaniels, should McDaniels land the Philly job. But most likely now, I think, is that he will wind up in L.A. as Staley’s defensive coordinator. Gannon and Staley were actually lined up last year to be co-coordinators for McDaniels, if McDaniels wound up in Cleveland.

4) Staley could keep Shane Steichen as OC, with the ship likely sailed on McDaniel. Steichen is under contract with the Chargers through 2021, and wasn’t fired with Lynn earlier this month. One interesting piece of feedback I got on Staley: He’s the rare defensive coach who sees the game through a quarterback’s eyes because, well, he was one at the Univ. of Dayton (Marvin Lewis had that sort of background too). So it wouldn’t be a shocker if Staley was a little more involved on offense than some might expect.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

The following posters would disagree with u:

loyal 1.JPG
                          loyal 2.JPG
                          loyal 3.JPG
                          loyal 5.JPG
                          loyal 6.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X