• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I think he should start a poll...about whether we can use nicknames...in polls about nicknames...:More Q Please:
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...when you use "they" as a source, with the implication of a consensus opinion amongst a very large group, you gotta do better than 5 good ol' boys from the TPBs..:hello:
      I thought it was just Topcat using the term 'loyal Lynn'.
      You've just illuminated how widespread this practice is.....5 makes it more than just a Topcat yes man.

You have zero proof that this catchy phrase didn't spread like wild fire through the gritty bureaus and enclaves of the L.A. metro region.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I thought it was just Topcat using the term 'loyal Lynn'.
        You've just illuminated how widespread this practice is.....5 makes it more than just a Topcat yes man.

You have zero proof that this catchy phrase didn't spread like wild fire through the gritty bureaus and enclaves of the L.A. metro region.
        I just realized...technically 5 makes it a conspiracy!
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Saw where Pep is interviewing with Pittsburgh for OC. Saw it on IG though so don't know how true it is.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
              Lone bolt and Topcat: i think this should be settled in the octagon....

just kidding. I am enjoying the debate. :-)
              First rule about fight club......

:waiting:
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                Saw where Pep is interviewing with Pittsburgh for OC. Saw it on IG though so don't know how true it is.
                The formal request was announced, so it's true. It's a promotion, so it can't be blocked.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The formal request was announced, so it's true. It's a promotion, so it can't be blocked.
                  I figured if we didn't hire him as OC then someone else would.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

No. I just don't buy into what you are saying. And what you are saying is contradictory to the facts. I do think Steichen is a really strong candidate for the job, though. He has a lot of what Staley might be looking for...former QB, has some experience but not so much he is wedded to a system and won't be open minded, already demonstrated he can work well with Herbert, ran a top 10 NFL offense. But I suppose if Steichen gets the job, none of that matter to you. It will just be Spanos told Staley he had to keep Steichen.

I keep calling him McConnell but it is OConnell. Sorry! I am getting old.

TG
                    Because Steichen is under contract! And the Chargers were most definitely not top 10 offense last season, they ranked #18 in pts despite a great season from our rookie QB.

Spanos would rather keep the guy under contract to save some $$ than fire him to bring in someone who doesn’t call the worst plays at the worst possible times.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Wish they wanted Steichen instead.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If hired as OC for Steelers, the CHargers get a 3rd round pick? That’s a good return for a one year assistant coach. Pep did well with Herbert and I liked what I saw of him interacting with the team during training camp (real nice dialogue with Ingram then). But he was not a very good OC in Indy with Luck. Just don’t think he will be great in that role.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• swand
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Just finished watching Staley's press conference. Am totally impressed and couldn't be more excited that he's the head coach. Am also no longer concerned with Staley's ability to find an OC, even if he hasn't worked with him before. He mentioned during the interview that players know within seconds whether a coach knows his stuff. Am pretty sure that Staley is the same way. One of my take aways from today is that no potential OC candidate is going to impress Staley enough to get hired unless he's extremely well prepared for the job. I had heard that Staley was both well prepared and the smartest person in the room. I now believe it.

Comment

Working...
                          X