• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

And that’s what happened with Mike McDaniel and the Niners. He got the OC title. Gannon definitely sounds intriguing as a DC candidate.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Manzano just tweeted that it could take some time to build his coaching staff,

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Manzano just tweeted that it could take some time to build his coaching staff,
        Not surprised at all with this. Like I said before, this staff will be innovative in certain areas, and don't be surprised to see new positions created that may have not existed before, such as gameday analytics coordinator, situational football analyst, etc. and we may have further breakdown in position coaching, maybe a guards coach and an offensive tackle coach. We already saw a pass defense coordinator title floating about.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Not surprised at all with this. Like I said before, this staff will be innovative in certain areas, and don't be surprised to see new positions created that may have not existed before, such as gameday analytics coordinator, situational football analyst, etc. and we may have further breakdown in position coaching, maybe a guards coach and an offensive tackle coach. We already saw a pass defense coordinator title floating about.
          One of his first calls Sunday after he was hired, after his wife, was Justin Herbert

He met Derwin James today

He talked again, on facetime again today to Justin Herbert

So he is starting with the leader of the team, vocal leader - from what I have read that is James
          And the leader on the field, the QB - Justin Herbert

So he knows where to start with

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

And yes, take your time hiring the right staff. I mean, the Super Bowl is three weeks away and free agency is two months away. SO plenty of time for the right people to get in the building, assess and determine both needs and fits for the team.

Granted, wouldn't mind seeing a couple names floated for OC

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

One of his first calls Sunday after he was hired, after his wife, was Justin Herbert

So he is starting with the leader of the team, vocal leader - from what I have read that is James

Well, I was already holding him in high regard, but then again, he's around my age (I'm a bit younger) so I can visualize the approach he's taking through his eyes. He understands that the new generation of youth, whether that's in sports or any other career path, want more data points, and someone that can not only provide, but teach them to analyze, filter and apply that information properly. Motivational speakers and disciplinarians of old generations won't be able to provide this as this generation already has access to more data equivalent to decades of experience -- that data just needs to be curated and applied to that specific player or pupil.
              Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 01-21-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I don't like the fact that he called his wife first before Herbert.

Is this guy committed or not?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I would say my main issue with the Spanos (besides leaving SD) is how they spend money outside of the salary cap. Not necessarily with coaches so much as innovative things like a sports science and analytics department. That’s part of their conservative nature that I hope disappears this year. More forward thinking like the coach we just hired.

I don’t think they’re nearly as meddling as others believe on here. Alex was the one who was much more involved and got into a fight with Beathard back in the day that Dean had to mitigate.
                  Beathard called Alex Spanos a cheap tightwad to a reporter that got printed in the San Diego Union Tribune; Alex Spanos considered that a compliment. No animosity there.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Beathard called Alex Spanos a cheap tightwad to a reporter that got printed in the San Diego Union Tribune; Alex Spanos considered that a compliment. No animosity there.
                    I am glad it mended at the end. Though my opinions were definitely formed by this piece after Alex’s death.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The following posters would disagree with u:

loyal 1.JPG
                      loyal 2.JPG
                      loyal 3.JPG
                      loyal 5.JPG
                      loyal 6.JPG

LOL...when you use "they" as a source, with the implication of a consensus opinion amongst a very large group, you gotta do better than 5 good ol' boys from the TPBs..:hello:
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I don't like the fact that he called his wife first before Herbert.

Is this guy committed or not?
                        Yeah....I would have called Justin. You can just text the wife.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Lone bolt and Topcat: i think this should be settled in the octagon....

just kidding. I am enjoying the debate. :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X