• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I mean...what's with the hate for pep and Steichen? Unless there's a potential philosophical and mental debate over their capabilities. Waiting to be replaced has not got to be a good feeling for either of these coaches. Is Staley partially blaming Steichen for the subpar oline?
    I don’t think there’s hate for Pep. Maybe Steichen. But it’s nice to see Staley look for his guys versus the perception that the Spanos and TT only hired him to keep the same staff.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t think there’s hate for Pep. Maybe Steichen. But it’s nice to see Staley look for his guys versus the perception that the Spanos and TT only hired him to keep the same staff.
      agree..... none of us know how all of these changes will work out..... might be great(what we are all hoping for).... might be horrible..... or somewhere in between but at least Chargers management is doing the process correctly this time..... took them years of failures to finally give in and actually let the football guys(TT and the HC) to make those decisions.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree..... none of us know how all of these changes will work out..... might be great(what we are all hoping for).... might be horrible..... or somewhere in between but at least Chargers management is doing the process correctly this time..... took them years of failures to finally give in and actually let the football guys(TT and the HC) to make those decisions.
        That is kinda what everyone on the board was saying when Lynn was named HC. And here we are ... again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Per @AlbertBreer from the twitter verse - one of the targets for DC is off the market.

Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon has emerged as the clear favorite for the Eagles defensive coordinator job, and it looks like he'll take it. Philly's working through the final stages of the interview process. Gannon would be a big get. Had multiple coordinator offers.

Gannon worked with Sirianni in Indy so they have that connection. I do wonder how serious he was for the Chargers job. Hmm, wonder who the DC for Staley will be - maybe Pleasant from the Rams or Weaver from the Texans, I read Weaver might be in play to the Ravens as a coach but Saleh was one headed to the Chargers as LB coach for Bradley until Shanahan called him and offered him the 49ers DC job.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

That is kinda what everyone on the board was saying when Lynn was named HC. And here we are ... again.
            Yeah I think some people push the perception that the Spanos are more meddlesome than they actually are.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              Per @AlbertBreer from the twitter verse - one of the targets for DC is off the market.

Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon has emerged as the clear favorite for the Eagles defensive coordinator job, and it looks like he'll take it. Philly's working through the final stages of the interview process. Gannon would be a big get. Had multiple coordinator offers.

Gannon worked with Sirianni in Indy so they have that connection. I do wonder how serious he was for the Chargers job. Hmm, wonder who the DC for Staley will be - maybe Pleasant from the Rams or Weaver from the Texans, I read Weaver might be in play to the Ravens as a coach but Saleh was one headed to the Chargers as LB coach for Bradley until Shanahan called him and offered him the 49ers DC job.
              It would have been nice to get Gannon. But I’m more interested in the offensive staff.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

It would have been nice to get Gannon. But I’m more interested in the offensive staff.
                We still don't have a DC as of now right? Though Staley did say he was calling the plays.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

No idea if this guy is any good.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

We might be able to poach a STer or two from AZ.

A cursory look shows they have a lot of contributors who are UFAs.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Looks scrappy. Maybe Ol Badger misses less kicks if Coach Swinton threatens to whoop his ass.

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

ummm NO, not off the market. Why after this are they interviewing Chris Harris NOW of the W Football Team to be their DC?

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Chris Harris - Hope HE becomes the Eagles DC, not the Cotls DB coach. No one's hired yet and media can be fifty fifty

Comment

Working...
                          X