• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    No idea if this guy is any good.
    According to Gosselin, Arizona was top 10 in 2020.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Sirianni - Ex Chargers WR coach who's WR's went up against whom? CHRIS HARRIS's Charger DB's in practice EVERY DAY. Guess who I think Saint Nick will hire? NOT the Colts guy as they already interviewed him and he's not hired yet. Now Harris comes into the picture

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Don’t know anything about Swinton other than his bio, but the bio looks good. Lot of experience but still a young guy. Coached on some teams with real good special teams, including under Dave Toub in KC. Also a diverse hire, so good for Staley and Chargers.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Don’t know anything about Swinton other than his bio, but the bio looks good. Lot of experience but still a young guy. Coached on some teams with real good special teams, including under Dave Toub in KC. Also a diverse hire, so good for Staley and Chargers.

TG
          Yeah good coaches...but sorry bud, no Dave Toub. I looked up both careers on wiki - off by one year.
          Good pattern emerges:
          1. He worked with Staley (2017)
          2. Has offense, defense experience too! (sound familiar?)
          These guys have more perspective on the game overall compared to "one dimensional coaches."

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sorry, you are right. And when I dug a bit more it was a quality control position and not part of special teams anyway. Thanks Jox!

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

No idea if this guy is any good.
              It’s been a week into the Brandon Staley era and we finally have our first coordinator hire, and this one may be the most important, depending on which fans you ask.

According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, the Chargers are hiring former Cardinals assistant special teams coordinator Derius Swinton to be their new special teams coordinator. Prior to his time in Arizona, he was an offensive assistant with the Lions in 2018 and also coached special teams with the 49ers (2016) and the Bears (2015, 2017). During that 2017 season in Chicago, Swinton also spent time helping coach the outside linebackers alongside Staley, who was in his first year with the Bears, as well.

Swinton played his college football as a safety at Hampton University from 2003 to 2006. In his career, he finished with 103 total tackles, 19 pass breakups and eight interceptions.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It’s been a week into the Brandon Staley era and we finally have our first coordinator hire, and this one may be the most important, depending on which fans you ask.

According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, the Chargers are hiring former Cardinals assistant special teams coordinator Derius Swinton to be their new special teams coordinator. Prior to his time in Arizona, he was an offensive assistant with the Lions in 2018 and also coached special teams with the 49ers (2016) and the Bears (2015, 2017). During that 2017 season in Chicago, Swinton also spent time helping coach the outside linebackers alongside Staley, who was in his first year with the Bears, as well.

Swinton played his college football as a safety at Hampton University from 2003 to 2006. In his career, he finished with 103 total tackles, 19 pass breakups and eight interceptions.
                This!
                If Swinton can turn this unit from a perennial bottom feeder( we must have had the league's overall WORST Teams unit, for what, the better part of 10 years???) into even a middle of the road group, that's got to swing AT LEAST 2 L's to W's.
                Bolt Up Coach Swinton!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Now ninja sounds like a sports reporter...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                    Sirianni - Ex Chargers WR coach who's WR's went up against whom? CHRIS HARRIS's Charger DB's in practice EVERY DAY. Guess who I think Saint Nick will hire? NOT the Colts guy as they already interviewed him and he's not hired yet. Now Harris comes into the picture
                    looks like it will be Gannon unless their is a last minute flip flop. Scrolling twitter, Lombardi, Breer, a couple Eagle bloggers - all saying Gannon though Harris did interview (granted one new thing, each coordinator opening, a minority needs to be interviewed)

Sirianni knows Gannon - it makes a lot of sense

Official from @RapSheet::
                    The #Eagles have agreed to terms with #Colts DBs coach Jonathan Gannon to be their new defensive coordinator, per me and
                    @TomPelissero. . A coveted candidate lands in Philly for Nick Sirianni.

Lets get Pleasant or Weaver!
                    Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 01-24-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

This!
                      If Swinton can turn this unit from a perennial bottom feeder( we must have had the league's overall WORST Teams unit, for what, the better part of 10 years???) into even a middle of the road group, that's got to swing AT LEAST 2 L's to W's.
                      Bolt Up Coach Swinton!
                      I agree with Ninja above - this is probably the most important hire of the coaching staff. And its where Telesco needs to do his best work. Between better coaching (and a few well chosen veterans, not expensive, just that know their role) - improving Special Teams could be the biggest bang for the buck in terms of dollars spent equating to wins.

Looking at the Cardinals roster - and I am sure Staley has insights into the Bears and Broncos - there should be some players from those teams that might fit the bill .

But lets hope this is a good hire

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Gannon is the new DC for the Eagles. But with any luck Steichen is the new OC so I don’t have to hear from Mike Lombardi again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Gannon is the new DC for the Eagles. But with any luck Steichen is the new OC so I don’t have to hear from Mike Lombardi again.

Steichen - go East young man. He was on staff with Sirianni - have a reunion please

Just looked up Modkin - he has been an OC in the league before, worked with Staley with the Broncos - wonder if he is on the list for OC.

My guess, at this point, its Lombardis to lose

Comment

Working...
                          X