Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The coach did Not lead the nation in drops. That's for sure. If his players did, there could be a lot of reasons. At the top is QB throws. Accurate? Timely? Correct choice? Receivers talent. Were they getting separation? Was he making good players bad? I have serious doubts that Staley is not aware of the facts and am sure that he expects success.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Pep's replacement, Shane Day from 49ers, brings insights from a Shanahan style offense.
      I am anticipating possible Inside Zone Blocking Concepts.
      :thinking:

A perfect fit there is Creed Humphrey @ #47.
      :drool:

Feeney/Lamp may still be useful.
      :shock:
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Pep's replacement, Shane Day from 49ers, brings insights from a Shanahan style offense.
        Yup. Friendliest QB scheme currently in the NFL. Day’s hire made me less leery of Lombardi’s.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Why in the world would Coach Staley hire a WR coach (because he "knows" him) whos unit led the NATION IN DROPS!!!??? Questionable hire here. (I like everyone else hired but man, you CANNOT be dropping Herbert's passes!). At least Giff Smith coached WRs for 3 years so in case you need to fire this guy midseason, you have a backup. Sun Tzu taught "Never make a move unless you have a distinct advantage." McGeoghan had many many years of NFL experience. Beatty has zero. (11 college tho). Fingers crossed here.

from the article "Chris Beatty accepts role with...."the team was among the national leaders in drops for both of Beatty's seasons at Pitt.

Arrrrrghhhh!!!!!!!!!:freakout:

Are you anticipating Staley asks that he teaches our WR to drop the ball? If drops weren’t a problem last year I don’t see them as a problem for the upcoming season. How were his receivers at running routes and as run blockers? What offensive styles has he coached in and can he provide some offensive wrinkles as we develop our new custom Herbert offense? I don’t see how the drops stat is a concern coming into a vet WR room. Bringing in someone with a lot of experience in college offenses only adds to the potential for increased diversity in our new offense.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Are you anticipating Staley asks that he teaches our WR to drop the ball? If drops weren’t a problem last year I don’t see them as a problem for the upcoming season. How were his receivers at running routes and as run blockers? What offensive styles has he coached in and can he provide some offensive wrinkles as we develop our new custom Herbert offense? I don’t see how the drops stat is a concern coming into a vet WR room. Bringing in someone with a lot of experience in college offenses only adds to the potential for increased diversity in our new offense.
            Keenen, Guyton, Hunter drop those balls now...they probably make catches in their sleep!

:coffee:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Guyton had a bit of the dropsies last season. I'd have Tyron Johnson ahead of him from what ive seen this year.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Guyton had a bit of the dropsies last season. I'd have Tyron Johnson ahead of him from what ive seen this year.
                Tyron also only ran 1 route. He ran it well but Guyton is the more complete WR at this point. Both have plenty of room to grow though. I’m excited about the competition at WR, hopefully with a full offseason Reed and Hill can also factor into the battle for the third WR spot with Guyton and Johnson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Tyron also only ran 1 route. He ran it well but Guyton is the more complete WR at this point. Both have plenty of room to grow though. I’m excited about the competition at WR, hopefully with a full offseason Reed and Hill can also factor into the battle for the third WR spot with Guyton and Johnson.
                  I think you have that backwards. Guyton is the one that had the 9 routes for long TDs, earlier and Johnson ran different routes. His extensive playing time came later than Guytons did. Both ran the route tree when Keenan and MW missed time and to me Johnson was the better WR and he didnt have one drop.

Guyton wasnt bad , i just think Johnson overall looked better. Agree about Reed and Hill and i wouldnt mind seeing Reed get some time at RB.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think you have that backwards. Guyton is the one that had the 9 routes for long TDs, Johnson ran different routes. Both ran the route tree when Keenan and MW missed time and to me Johnson was the better WR and he didnt have one drop.

Guyton wasnt bad , i just think Johnson overall looked better. Agree about Reed and Hill and i wouldnt mind seeing Reed get some time at RB.
                    agree about Ty Johnson. Dude was money whenever the ball was thrown his way.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I like our WR core.
                      Guyton is the best blocker in the WR3 discussion.
                      A full offseason should expand the skill sets and mental processing of the younger guys.
                      Hope to see Reed used in multiple roles in 2021.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

In case you missed it. Man I wish I could hit the fast forward button to August. Soooooo damn psyched to see this team in the fall.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Detroit is interviewing recently hired Chargers coach Joe Barry for its DC position?

Comment

Working...
                          X