• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Brandon Sherriff and Corey lindsey please.

no reason to save once we have Herbert.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
      Go all in for thuney
      he is a really good player and durable has never missed a game due to injury
      I am in the same place. But how many times do super durable players come to our team only to get hurt? Hoping the new coach does something, anything, to fix that. Telesco can say all he wants that we don't have any more injuries than other teams, but it feels like we always have more, they are always our very best players, and even fans of other teams say it.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

The sauce is weak.

Trent Williams will get injured,
        just like Bryan Bulaga.

Rashawn Slater will not get hurt,
        unlike Forrest Lamp.

Meanwhile, there's our MVP candidate QB.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Which player is the best fits for our Shanahan style offence we're running under our unknown OC?
          whoever that is, that's my pick
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
            Go all in for thuney
            he is a really good player and durable has never missed a game due to injury
            He would break his finger putting the cap back on the pen after signing his new contract......THEN he would blow out his ACL standing up from the table........

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

He would break his finger putting the cap back on the pen after signing his new contract......THEN he would blow out his ACL standing up from the table........
              so funny it hurts

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I would rather stay out of the high priced FA (or completely out of the FA ) market, since they rarely work out. Better to spend money on an approach that will actually work, then waste money on players who will fail like they do every year.
                This needs to be emphasized more and more. TT’s best FA pickups are usually his low key ones anyways.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm going in on Corey Linsley. Last time we had a good center and left tackle, we went 12-4. Center is so important. Linsley consistently is one of the best centers. Take advantage of the rookie QB salary.

Having said that, Linsley and HH would be my only big FA signings. I wouldn't mind going after some mid-salary guards (Pocic, Blythe, Feliciano).

Injuries happen. I wouldn't be fearful of that. Re-signing Feeney and Lamp scares me more.

Get an OT in the draft (2nd round please).

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This needs to be emphasized more and more. TT’s best FA pickups are usually his low key ones anyways.
                    That is pretty much true of other teams too, it is not just us.

The only time I can tell that big , high priced FA works is if the players being brought in KNOW there is not margin for error. Back when Elway took over and they had Manning at QB, every season was a SB run. FA signed contracts for big money, but they were not structured so the team couldn't walk away. And he ended up cutting and had coaches benching a couple of guys pretty quickly because they weren't performing.

With us the "Slausson thing" means we keep playing big money guys who have relaxed after having "made it". I am pretty sure that is what happened to Franklin, and Boston, and most of the rest of them. Even our own soon to be FA (Donald Butler).

Guys like Bosa and most QB, are pretty well driven, so there isn't a problem. Of course they never become FA. But pretty much everyone else, we need to be willing to cut or bench players who do not perform.

Again, I am not against signing Feeney and Lamp to new deals. I am against "giving" them a starting job. That is a mistake. Bring in someone to compete against them and win their jobs.

Bring in rookies or other vet FA to compete and make it known the best guy plays regardless of salary. Don't cut players or bench them just to do it, but let everyone know that it is about performing at a high level. You can't cut them for a single mistake, but repeated mistakes, especially stupid mistakes, hurt the team and cannot be tolerated, which they have been for way too long.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

Man, at this point, I dream of having Mruczkowski back at center and Dombrowski back at guard/tackle.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

That is pretty much true of other teams too, it is not just us.

The only time I can tell that big , high priced FA works is if the players being brought in KNOW there is not margin for error. Back when Elway took over and they had Manning at QB, every season was a SB run. FA signed contracts for big money, but they were not structured so the team couldn't walk away. And he ended up cutting and had coaches benching a couple of guys pretty quickly because they weren't performing.

With us the "Slausson thing" means we keep playing big money guys who have relaxed after having "made it". I am pretty sure that is what happened to Franklin, and Boston, and most of the rest of them. Even our own soon to be FA (Donald Butler).

Guys like Bosa and most QB, are pretty well driven, so there isn't a problem. Of course they never become FA. But pretty much everyone else, we need to be willing to cut or bench players who do not perform.

Again, I am not against signing Feeney and Lamp to new deals. I am against "giving" them a starting job. That is a mistake. Bring in someone to compete against them and win their jobs.

Bring in rookies or other vet FA to compete and make it known the best guy plays regardless of salary. Don't cut players or bench them just to do it, but let everyone know that it is about performing at a high level. You can't cut them for a single mistake, but repeated mistakes, especially stupid mistakes, hurt the team and cannot be tolerated, which they have been for way too long.
                        Feeney and Herbert seem to be best of buds...wouldn't mind having someone back who gives a shit about our QB...Lamp on the other hand sometimes gets caught flat footed and pushed back into the QB...for a reasonable price anyone would be welcome back for depth.

:coffee:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Which player is the best fits for our Shanahan style offence we're running under our unknown OC?
                          whoever that is, that's my pick
                          Trent Williams who has played under Shanny in SF and Washington fits the bill.

Comment

Working...
                          X