Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Trent Williams makes too much sense here. The OL is in shambles. It’s best to build around a tried and true foundational piece. The wear and tear is not so bad either, especially considering he basically sat out a year. He is the type that is built to last. With him as the foundational piece, he automatically upgrades the entire unit and will make others appear better.
    I don't think you can count on Trent Williams as a foundational piece. While the wear and tear might not seem too bad, he had a lot of wear and tear before, and at his age he is nothing more than a short term rental.

I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't do it, because he did play well this season. However, he is just going to buy time and avoid an immediate use a draft pick to fill a hole.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't think you can count on Trent Williams as a foundational piece. While the wear and tear might not seem too bad, he had a lot of wear and tear before, and at his age he is nothing more than a short term rental.

I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't do it, because he did play well this season. However, he is just going to buy time and avoid an immediate use a draft pick to fill a hole.
      Yep...Trent could turn into another Turner...or Bulaga...I'd rather draft a younger, ascending, durable player...

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd rather draft a younger, ascending, durable player...
        Well lets see.............Yes ^..........yes^.......daggamit^.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Too many red flags with Trent Williams for me, most of all, he's mentioned money at least 2 times since going to SF. That's 2 more times than he's talked about winning a championship
          I was one wanting to trade for him during the draft when rumors were going about a possible trade, but he looks like a vet who is simply over the thrill of chasing greatness, hope he gets paid, elsewhere
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Too many red flags with Trent Williams for me, most of all, he's mentioned money at least 2 times since going to SF. That's 2 more times than he's talked about winning a championship
            I was one wanting to trade for him during the draft when rumors were going about a possible trade, but he looks like a vet who is simply over the thrill of chasing greatness, hope he gets paid, elsewhere
            Agree. Feels like he will be Gaither v2. Looking for a team to pay him big guaranteed contract then cashout.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Agree. Feels like he will be Gaither v2. Looking for a team to pay him big guaranteed contract then cashout.
              There's also the issue of the cancerous tumor Williams had that was removed...but could this be an issue in the future? Too many question marks for me...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I don't worry about that with Trent Williams. Guy has been one of the best OT in the league for a long time. I just think its more about his age, cost and Telesco needs to get a player that will be LT for this window with Herbert. I think the best options for LT are from the draft

Interior OL - you can use free agency for that. There will be some good players come March 15 available.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah how bout grab Linsey and Gabe Jackson in FA then go grab our future LT in the 1st or 2nd and get our tickets ready for the superbowl.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't worry about that with Trent Williams. Guy has been one of the best OT in the league for a long time. I just think its more about his age, cost and Telesco needs to get a player that will be LT for this window with Herbert. I think the best options for LT are from the draft

Interior OL - you can use free agency for that. There will be some good players come March 15 available.
                    Hopefully he proves us all wrong if we do sign him. I guess signing FA OL or any position player, is similar to drafting players, it is a crapshoot.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Hopefully he proves us all wrong if we do sign him. I guess signing FA OL or any position player, is similar to drafting players, it is a crapshoot.
                      Not at 20 mil. Maybe $15 mil and he wants a new jewelry!

:Cheers1:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

I voted Linsley...Williams would be a tough price tag to swallow, but he would take a lot of pressure off finding a starting LT in the draft, giving us greater flexability...I could live with it, but not my favorite route.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                        X