Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post

Staley is a tactician not a scout. His staff is was not hired to explore the talent around the league/draft. Yes, obviously their opinion matters and I'm sure Telesco will get a gauge from them, but lets not get carried away and think just because we hired these guys doesn't mean they will fix all of our problems. let coach be the coach and the GM do the GM.
    Well said.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Staley is a tactician not a scout. His staff is was not hired to explore the talent around the league/draft. Yes, obviously their opinion matters and I'm sure Telesco will get a gauge from them, but lets not get carried away and think just because we hired these guys doesn't mean they will fix all of our problems. let coach be the coach and the GM do the GM.
      Well he was pitched as an elite football mind, “genius” was thrown around.
      if a bunch of layman like us can develop some scouting acumen from YouTube clips, I think it’s fair to say Staley should be expected to have scouting talent and vision for how that talent can translate to dominate units.
      I imagine that if Staley was offered Telesco’s power/responsibilities (and a raise) he wouldn’t blink

I also imagine most, HCs (even the non-genius types) fancy themselves great scouts.
      can’t imagine Staley genuinely depending on Telesco’s scouting system to help him identify the right guys to run HIS scheme haha
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

My problem is I have seen this GM do his job and I think he is in the bottom half of the league. The record alone proves that. So any help that Staley and staff can give would be a benefit.
        Telesco has not shown the ability to have a team with a good OL and Special Teams. So he needs some help

My guess - and its a small sample size - but I think Staley could handle an Andy Reid type role as HC/VP with the right GM. Reid has had Dorsey, Ballard and now Veach with the Chiefs but its Andy Reid who is in charge.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

if a bunch of layman like us can develop some scouting acumen from YouTube clips, I think it’s fair to say Staley should be expected to have scouting talent and vision for how that talent can translate to dominate units.
          I imagine that if Staley was offered Telesco’s power/responsibilities (and a raise) he wouldn’t blink

I also imagine most, HCs (even the non-genius types) fancy themselves great scouts.
          can’t imagine Staley genuinely depending on Telesco’s scouting system to help him identify the right guys to run HIS scheme haha
          I just wrote the same thing about Staley - he might even hire a guy like Warren Sharp to his staff..

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I doubt Staley has time for that. He has a lot of other things right now to worry about than watching players. My guess is he talks about the type of players he wants for here and there and he is presented certain ones to look at and talk about with Telesco and the scouting staff.

I doubt they offer him TT's job either. If Telesco is canned, id bet they bring in another guy. No idea who but i actually wouldnt want Staley doing the double duty job. Hec this is his first year as a HC.

"Genius" wasnt used on him for being a GM. It was for utilizing his players best.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My problem is I have seen this GM do his job and I think he is in the bottom half of the league. The record alone proves that. So any help that Staley and staff can give would be a benefit.
              Telesco has not shown the ability to have a team with a good OL and Special Teams. So he needs some help

My guess - and its a small sample size - but I think Staley could handle an Andy Reid type role as HC/VP with the right GM. Reid has had Dorsey, Ballard and now Veach with the Chiefs but its Andy Reid who is in charge.
              Geezus man, Reid has been a HC and in the NFL for YEARS. Staley is a first time EVER NFL HC. Lets not put the cart before the horse already. He hasnt coached one friggin game yet as a HC. Lets let him do that first.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Delusional.
                What gives you this insight?
                Staley’s extensive coaching resume, past GM duties, work as a scout?

Let’s let the youngin be a HC for a few seasons before we crown him Caesar..
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

If I were the Chargers owner I would retain TT because:

-He's still ahead of the curve in terms of churning out talent via draft
                  -At least makes an attempt to fix o-line
                  -Has good relations with players
                  -Has good relations with national and local media
                  -Got me from Rivers to Herbert with no time wasted............found a new franchise QB
                  -Got me Staley
                  -TT has NFL league value, why not trade him to get something back?
                  -Last but not least if TT can work in synergy with the Spanos, he can work well with me

All that said, once TT goes dry on finding those picks he better be producing perennial playoff teams.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Geezus man, Reid has been a HC and in the NFL for YEARS. Staley is a first time EVER NFL HC. Lets not put the cart before the horse already. He hasnt coached one friggin game yet as a HC. Lets let him do that first.
                    Doesn't matter...we won with pure talent in the last 4 games of the year regardless of Lynn. Even with Staley standing in the room the Charger IQ went up by ten points. So unless we're riddled with injuries I'm good with Talent + Mental Osmosis the first season. LOL!

:cheers:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

If I were the Chargers owner I would retain TT because:

-He's still ahead of the curve in terms of churning out talent via draft
                      -At least makes an attempt to fix o-line
                      -Has good relations with players
                      -Has good relations with national and local media
                      -Got me from Rivers to Herbert with no time wasted............found a new franchise QB
                      -Got me Staley
                      -TT has NFL league value, why not trade him to get something back?
                      -Last but not least if TT can work in synergy with the Spanos, he can work well with me

All that said, once TT goes dry on finding those picks he better be producing perennial playoff teams.
                      Tom Telesco got no help from the previous two head coaches... His football awareness and draft picking should go up a notch this season and this draft.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

He helped choose those two last coaches right?Personally Im over the anti trencher.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

It should be co-op. Skill sets aren't a match for every program.
                          If you're looking at a guy you can build a program around, go for it. If you're looking at players to help current team stars shine, the coaches should be in on decisions.
                          Let scouts scout and evaluate as always. GM & coaches should be looking at the people they present.

Comment

Working...
                          X