• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Are you on drugs? I said there was no contact at all between Higgins and Ramsey for the vast majority of the route. The defenders initially switched the crossing receivers with Ramsey in off coverage. There was not PI all the way down the field as you initially suggested. There was no contact at all down the field for almost the entire route.

I think another poster, equivocation, did a good job of describing what happened after the non-contact when he stated that Ramsey touched Higgins to track him with Higgins not being moved off the route at all. That is exactly what happened and I could not describe it any more accurately than that.

Also, how on earth were the Rams given the game winning TD? The refs called a defensive holding call that could have gone either way in favor of the Rams. Suppose that call is not made. Then, it is 4th down and if the refs had called the game correctly, the Rams would have earned a TD on the very next play, which was negated due to offsetting penalties. The penalty against the Bengals was as plain as day helmet to helmet contact on the hit in the end zone. But the holding call against Havenstein? That was a pure fiction screw job against the Rams.

In that final drive, the Rams had the worst of the officiating, not the Bengals, which was only a further insult to the Rams getting screwed over by one of the worst calls in Super Bowl history on the missed Higgins facemask that even Bengals fans admitted was a clear penalty against the Bengals. On the final drive a 50/50 call went in favor of the Rams, and non-penalty was wrongfully called against the Rams as a penalty.

As I have stated previously, the Bengals definitely got the benefit of the calls in the game.
    I get it, you have dug your heels in and no amount of facts will change your opinion. I believe that you are a Steeler fan at heart. Every Steeler fan I have ever known thinks that EVERY call should go their way. If there are 10 close calls and 9 go in the Steelers favor, they will bitch about the one and feel entitled to the other 9. You argue about the one call that could have been offsetting penalties yet feel entitled to the refs changing the way they called the game at the end to give the game to the Rams.

Ramsey does what he does which is grab and tug and pull all the time. It is what it is. Like I said, offsetting penalties or nothing but there could not have been a call only one way on that play.

When the refs called the game one way then at the end of the last drive call phantom borderline calls to make it go from 4th down to 1st and goal that is giving the Rams the game, and then the refs called another BS call which signaled to the Bengals D that they would not be allowed to stop the Rams. It had a deflating phycological effect on them that was easy to see through the TV.

So enjoy your Steelers and your Rams SB win. We will see you next year on this board when the Chargers host your Rams.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I get it, you have dug your heels in and no amount of facts will change your opinion. I believe that you are a Steeler fan at heart. Every Steeler fan I have ever known thinks that EVERY call should go their way. If there are 10 close calls and 9 go in the Steelers favor, they will bitch about the one and feel entitled to the other 9. You argue about the one call that could have been offsetting penalties yet feel entitled to the refs changing the way they called the game at the end to give the game to the Rams.

Ramsey does what he does which is grab and tug and pull all the time. It is what it is. Like I said, offsetting penalties or nothing but there could not have been a call only one way on that play.

When the refs called the game one way then at the end of the last drive call phantom borderline calls to make it go from 4th down to 1st and goal that is giving the Rams the game, and then the refs called another BS call which signaled to the Bengals D that they would not be allowed to stop the Rams. It had a deflating phycological effect on them that was easy to see through the TV.

So enjoy your Steelers and your Rams SB win. We will see you next year on this board when the Chargers host your Rams.
      Please put the crack pipe down.

I have only ever been a Chargers fan. I have never been a Steelers fan.

Maybe one in one million people see the Higgins-Ramsey play the way you do. The almost universal majority see that play as a clear facemask by Higgins and the notion that Ramsey did anything illegal on that play is simply ridiculous.

The defensive holding on Logan Wilson was a 50/50 type play. Seeing a call or no call would be no surprise either way, so there can be no realistic gripe about that call.

The holding penalty on Havenstein was simply a bad call on a play that should have been a TD for the Rams that rendered the holding call on Wilson irrelevant (since the Rams scored a TD on the next play anyway on what would have been 4th down had the Wilson penalty never been called).

The Rams got screwed on the Higgins no call and stood to be screwed out of their final TD after getting screwed on the poor Havenstein holding call, but they overcame the bad officiating against them and scored anyway.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Please put the crack pipe down.

I have only ever been a Chargers fan. I have never been a Steelers fan.

Maybe one in one million people see the Higgins-Ramsey play the way you do. The almost universal majority see that play as a clear facemask by Higgins and the notion that Ramsey did anything illegal on that play is simply ridiculous.

The defensive holding on Logan Wilson was a 50/50 type play. Seeing a call or no call would be no surprise either way, so there can be no realistic gripe about that call.

The holding penalty on Havenstein was simply a bad call on a play that should have been a TD for the Rams that rendered the holding call on Wilson irrelevant (since the Rams scored a TD on the next play anyway on what would have been 4th down had the Wilson penalty never been called).

The Rams got screwed on the Higgins no call and stood to be screwed out of their final TD after getting screwed on the poor Havenstein holding call, but they overcame the bad officiating against them and scored anyway.
        So you are back to call the game one way the entire time then change the way you are calling it when the Rams need it.

Man you are all over the place and cannot make up your mind in which way you want the refs to call a game, it changes post to post. Pick a side or idea and stick with it.

BTW everyone I know saw the Ramsey play the same way. He was handsy, grabbing and tugging then Higgens shoved him away and got him in the face mask. Call offsetting penalties then.

Next post you will change to all calls must go in the Rams favor or its biased calls again?

I said you whine like a Steelers fan, not that you are one. You apparently are a huge Rams fan though. See you next season when the Chargers play the Rams.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So you are back to call the game one way the entire time then change the way you are calling it when the Rams need it.

Man you are all over the place and cannot make up your mind in which way you want the refs to call a game, it changes post to post. Pick a side or idea and stick with it.

BTW everyone I know saw the Ramsey play the same way. He was handsy, grabbing and tugging then Higgens shoved him away and got him in the face mask. Call offsetting penalties then.

Next post you will change to all calls must go in the Rams favor or its biased calls again?

I said you whine like a Steelers fan, not that you are one. You apparently are a huge Rams fan though. See you next season when the Chargers play the Rams.
          I have not changed anything.

The whole time I have stated that the Rams got screwed on the Higgins facemask against Ramsey that gave CIN an undeserved TD. That puts me with about 99.9% of people having an opinion on that subject.

The whole time I have said that there was sufficient contact on the Logan Wilson holding penalty to warrant a defensive penalty being called against him. I would be the first to acknowledge that that play was a 50/50 play that could have been called or not called.

Once you raised the Rams being gifted their last TD, which is BS, I began pointing out the bogus offensive holding call against Havenstein that wrongfully denied the Rams their final TD for a few plays. Had that play been called correctly, then the Rams had a TD on what would have been 4th down even if the Wilson defensive holding had not been called.

The whole time I have maintained that the Bengals got the better of the officiating, which they clearly did.

You are the one that is focused on the refs changing their officiating standards. Whether they did or they did not is irrelevant, I mean totally irrelevant, as the Bengals benefitted from the standard that was used before the alleged change and from the standard that was used after the alleged change. The Bengals were gifted a TD and the Rams were temporarily denied one, but overcome the poor officiating against them.

Finally, you are completely full of crap regarding "everyone you know" and the Higgins play. That is obviously false unless "everyone you know" happens to be legally blind.

Ramsey was in off coverage and not even lined up to defend Higgins at the snap. The receivers crossed paths and Ramsey stayed with Higgins who had initially lined up to the inside. There is no contact and considerable space between the two players for some time until at the top of the route when Ramsey reaches back and touches Higgins to track where he is as the ball is being thrown. Higgins then grabs Ramsey by the facemask and spins his facemask with one hand while using his other hand to push him the same direction that his facemasking hand is pulling Ramsey, which is why Ramsey went to the ground.

The only correct call is a personal foul facemask against Higgins. There is no penalty that can possibly be called against Ramsey on the play.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I do not think any slow motion replay was necessary to see the Higgins personal foul. That was just a horrible miss. Some complain about the defensive hold, but the Bengals got repaid on the very next play when Havenstein was called for an even more questionable hold.

The big difference remains that poor officiating gave the Bengals 7 points and did not give the Rams anything, so the game was ultimately called in favor of the Bengals..
            Yeah you just dont want to admit that when the game is called loose both teams benefit. You seem stuck on the one big play but fail to take into account the totality of the game that was called even on both sides. But its cool, I dont care to argue with you. I dont like the timing of the change in flag calling. I also didnt see the facemask on the first take, at worst it looked like the WR pushed him but they were hand fighting and it looked like a hard fought old school good play. the facemask was something I saw later. I think its reasonable to think the slight pull of the mask could be reasonably missed by the refs and the pushing and shoving not called as it fit the flow of the game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

You guys have been arguing about two calls in a game the Chargers didn’t play for now 6+ thread pages. The same shit over and over and over. Point Fucking Made - Give it a rest already?

All of those calls would have gone against LAC

Last - The Denver phantom PI call mentioned in Rivers last game (now many pages ago) gave the Chargers Herbie for a generation - so … last laugh is ours! HA!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yeah you just dont want to admit that when the game is called loose both teams benefit. You seem stuck on the one big play but fail to take into account the totality of the game that was called even on both sides. But its cool, I dont care to argue with you. I dont like the timing of the change in flag calling. I also didnt see the facemask on the first take, at worst it looked like the WR pushed him but they were hand fighting and it looked like a hard fought old school good play. the facemask was something I saw later. I think its reasonable to think the slight pull of the mask could be reasonably missed by the refs and the pushing and shoving not called as it fit the flow of the game.
                Bingo, you get it, others have missed it entirely.

Chaincrusher has already stood by the fact that he liked the game being called loose the entire game but have the refs tighten it up and call phantom calls when his Rams needed it at the end to be able to win the game.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Refs helped the Rams when it counted.Blatant.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Refs helped the Rams when it counted.Blatant.
                    Touchdowns don't count earlier in the game?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Touchdowns don't count earlier in the game?
                      Only thing that matters is the final score.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Only thing that matters is the final score.
                        Yes, and if the refs blew a TD for each team, it pretty much evens out.

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes, and if the refs blew a TD for each team, it pretty much evens out.
                          The refs did not blow a TD for the Rams.

Even if you believe that the holding call on Wilson was wrong, the Rams had a TD on the very next play that was called back due to a bogus offensive holding call. If that incorrect call had not been made and the Wilson hold had not been called (which was definitely more of a penalty than the Havenstein hold), the Rams would have scored a TD on 4th down. The refs did not help the Rams at all.

And, as you know, the Rams got screwed on the Higgins/Ramsey play also.

Comment

Working...
                          X