• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts&noles
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
    My claim is simple logic and not really based or connected to web sites or such.
    • The NFL owners make many billions.
    • They can make additional billions thru sometimes guiding/directing/ensuring certain results (win/loss, spread, over/under and fantasy).
    • Billionaires usually have a higher drive for money than any moral code.
    • They control the rules of the game (often deliberately confusing or vague like the catch rule), the interpretation of the rules (Holding can be called or ignored almost any play). They dictate the coverage and can certainly manipulate a player or two if necessary.

It usually doesn't take much to swing outcomes. Often just a few plays. I wouldn't call this "conspiracy". I would just call it increasingly common corrupt business, which is what Apple, Amazon, Google, etc do all.the.time. From my experience the small business folks of America are usually honest and hard working...built America. Big guys are predators, crony capitalists.

The elites run the world. Increasingly they don't give a damn about anything but power and money.
    Amen.
    if you cant see this then your got your head in the sand.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
      My claim is simple logic and not really based or connected to web sites or such.
      • The NFL owners make many billions.
      • They can make additional billions thru sometimes guiding/directing/ensuring certain results (win/loss, spread, over/under and fantasy).
      • Billionaires usually have a higher drive for money than any moral code.
      • They control the rules of the game (often deliberately confusing or vague like the catch rule), the interpretation of the rules (Holding can be called or ignored almost any play). They dictate the coverage and can certainly manipulate a player or two if necessary.

It usually doesn't take much to swing outcomes. Often just a few plays. I wouldn't call this "conspiracy". I would just call it increasingly common corrupt business, which is what Apple, Amazon, Google, etc do all.the.time. From my experience the small business folks of America are usually honest and hard working...built America. Big guys are predators, crony capitalists.

The elites run the world. Increasingly they don't give a damn about anything but power and money.
      I think you're forgetting about one crucial element that owners possess...EGO! They want to win more than anything. Yes, they love money but they love winning even more when it comes to their team. I believe they COULD do what you're talking about but it's not likely. No way, IMO, are owners going to just let someone else be a pre-determined winner. EGO!

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

The owners only care about money.The owners with the most money and whos teams generate the most revenue catch the breaks.Its a business top to bottom,front to back,period.Good business is "help" the teams that make the most money.Us fans may not like it but it is what it is.Simple really.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          The owners only care about money.The owners with the most money and whos teams generate the most revenue catch the breaks.Its a business top to bottom,front to back,period.Good business is "help" the teams that make the most money.Us fans may not like it but it is what it is.Simple really.
          I think Jerry Jones fall in this category with his Gazillion dollars. Hence the result of last week’s game :smile:

Comment

• Nunc Coepi
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

I agree with Boltgang74. The NFL is a big corporate entity. It's about money. The teams that generate more money will always get a helping hand from the referees when they really need it.

The corruption goes on because any owner knows that if he objects, the billionaires club will kick him out.

I am sure Spanish occupies the bottom place in the hierarchy of NFL owners, which is why his team never gets a break on the playing field. Teams like the Chargers exist because they have to. If not, who would the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Packers and Patriots play?

The Raiders used to be a contending team. Then Al Davis challenged the NFL in a series of law suits. Now the Raiders are bottom dwellers year after, and the lack of love from referees is high among the reasons

Comment

• Nunc Coepi
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

In that last post, I wrote "Spanos" occupies the bottom of the NFL ladder. Auto-correct is always screwing things up

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                I think you're forgetting about one crucial element that owners possess...EGO! They want to win more than anything. Yes, they love money but they love winning even more when it comes to their team. I believe they COULD do what you're talking about but it's not likely. No way, IMO, are owners going to just let someone else be a pre-determined winner. EGO!
                I assume you've watched the Godfather scenes where the mob bosses meet together. Not everyone gets an equal vote. And there is pressure on all parties to do whatever necessary to maximize profit for all the families.

I'd like to think some owners resisted the nfl's now integrated relationship with gambling on NFL outcomes. Those voices, if they existed, got out-muscled.

Imagine a craps table where the house can fix the spin of the dice anytime they choose. Yeah, that's the NFL. Are we to trust billionaires who have every imaginable tool to tweak game outcomes and rake in billions extra--are we to trust them to "do the right thing"?
                Last edited by DragonIce; 09-23-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

To provide a sense of how big the gambling money is...
                  Nearly 60 million football bets were processed online in the United States last weekend.* That's just one weekend! Clearly some folks place numerous bets each week.

Can the NFL resist the temptation to tamper w/outcomes? These owners are upright and honest guys right? Right?

*Source: NY times

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't think they fix games to who wins or loses.
                    But point shaving may be happening.
                    The refs has subjective power to rule over any play. And can impact the score purposely to try to get the spread covered or not.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      I don't think they fix games to who wins or loses.
                      But point shaving may be happening.
                      The refs has subjective power to rule over any play. And can impact the score purposely to try to get the spread covered or not.

They fixed the game for the cowgirls to win last week.Its right there in our faces guys.I still say organize a "blue flu" on a certain sunday and make these owners realize we aren't the blubberin idiots they think we are.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Nunc Coepi View Post
                        I agree with Boltgang74. The NFL is a big corporate entity. It's about money. The teams that generate more money will always get a helping hand from the referees when they really need it.

The corruption goes on because any owner knows that if he objects, the billionaires club will kick him out.

I am sure Spanish occupies the bottom place in the hierarchy of NFL owners, which is why his team never gets a break on the playing field. Teams like the Chargers exist because they have to. If not, who would the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Packers and Patriots play?

The Raiders used to be a contending team. Then Al Davis challenged the NFL in a series of law suits. Now the Raiders are bottom dwellers year after, and the lack of love from referees is high among the reasons

Sorry, i dont buy it.

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

They fixed the game for the cowgirls to win last week.Its right there in our faces guys.I still say organize a "blue flu" on a certain sunday and make these owners realize we aren't the blubberin idiots they think we are.
                          Not enough fans would support it and the media would refuse to cover any fan protest. The networks are making lots of money from gambling advertisements and partnerships. They get their cut, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                          X