• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

We may only need 1 CB this draft. And Chris Harris said he would like to play outside CB when he was first signed. If Staley/Hill believes CH can play outside, then that means we have more flexibility when it comes to drafting a CB.

I would imagine that TT has one more FA IOL still to sign. If we are targeting OT in the draft, it would be nice to have a vet at LG next to our rookie LT.

Staley compared Bosa to K. Mack. Bosa may be the OLB/Edge. Maybe OLB is not as urgent as we once thought. Maybe later rounds for depth...?

If we re-sign Jenkins... then Staley/Hill believe he can be solid in the scheme. We won't need safety through the draft.
    Man...I don't want CH on the outside. He just doesn't have the speed.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

We may only need 1 CB this draft. And Chris Harris said he would like to play outside CB when he was first signed. If Staley/Hill believes CH can play outside, then that means we have more flexibility when it comes to drafting a CB.

I would imagine that TT has one more FA IOL still to sign. If we are targeting OT in the draft, it would be nice to have a vet at LG next to our rookie LT.

Staley compared Bosa to K. Mack. Bosa may be the OLB/Edge. Maybe OLB is not as urgent as we once thought. Maybe later rounds for depth...?

If we re-sign Jenkins... then Staley/Hill believe he can be solid in the scheme. We won't need safety through the draft.
      True but I didn’t say that the draft was the only place to acquire talent. It is only a few hours into FA.
      I would be shocked if MD43 is the only in-house player we resign.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Why? He would finally have someone next to him who knows what he is doing?
        If only HE knew what he was doing. Worst OG grade in the league.

C-ya Feeney and Lamp

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

surprised me, that KC would spend all that on a guard after cutting both OT's.....
          I think it's a good bet that KC is going OT in the 1st round... maybe even 2nd round, too.
          Lots of late 1st round and early 2nd round graded OT's.
          Waiting until the #47 pick might only yield 3rd-round graded OT's this year... get'm early!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

I've been saying this for months.
            Unless a really special player falls to us, I don't expect an edge pick until at least the 4th.
            But it makes drafting a down lineman more important.
            Osa with the 97th pick.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

John Johnson signed by Browns. 3 years 11-12M per

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Need two CBs ID think.

One that can start on the outside and one with potential to develop quickly and take Harris spot after this season.

I'd let Facyson walk, or not offer him a tender, whatever his case is.....cut him if need be as he hasn't been very good and then all there is, is Campbell.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I've been saying this for months.
                  Unless a really special player falls to us, I don't expect an edge pick until at least the 4th.
                  But it makes drafting a down lineman more important.
                  Osa with the 97th pick.
                  Yes, I agree. OLB in the later rounds. 4i before that. The Darius Stills meeting was a hint. 3rd/4th round target...? Love Osa @97... if he's there. Maybe #77.
                  Looking for Aaron Donald... not Leonard Floyd.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

I think it's a good bet that KC is going OT in the 1st round... maybe even 2nd round, too.
                    Lots of late 1st round and early 2nd round graded OT's.
                    Waiting until the #47 pick might only yield 3rd-round graded OT's this year... get'm early!
                    Andy Reid is a very good evaluator of Oline talent. Still, what he gets late 1rst will need some time (one of those Super Bowl rum-dums will be carted out next year).

Would love for the Chargers to trade right in front of the Chiefs at # 30 and grab Fat Andy's OT .

:troll:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

I think we need to take a good hard look at Dalvin Tomlinson.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Man...I don't want CH on the outside. He just doesn't have the speed.
                        Probably true.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If only HE knew what he was doing. Worst OG grade in the league.

C-ya Feeney and Lamp
                          Playing between those slick veteran trenchers: Sam Tevi at LT & Dan Feeney at center - each playing a new position, what inexperienced guard would have looked good?

I'd be fine if he is brought back, or not brought back.

Comment

Working...
                          X