• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
    Looking at the Chargers schedule, they likely lose at least 3 of the next 5 games. Most likely lose 4 of the next 5 with maybe beating the Raiders or Browns.

Really needed the win against the Cowboys to keep up.
    The Bolts just beat the Chefs...in THEIR house, no less...no question, the Raiders, Browns and Ravens will be tough, but I'm liking our chances a LOT better after beating KC...

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The Chargers are the 6th seed in the AFC right now. The Raiders are 1st, the Broncos 5th. The Chiefs are on the outside looking in at the moment, as the 11th seed. They have two division and one conference loss. The Chargers have no division or conference losses.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bolts just beat the Chefs...in THEIR house, no less...no question, the Raiders, Browns and Ravens will be tough, but I'm liking our chances a LOT better after beating KC...
        Yes I think the chances look better as well if they can build off the redzone success they had and the more disciplined way they played today.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Uh did you really quote it after 1 week?

I’m ecstatic we won but jeez you realize it’s still very possible to lose 3 of the next 5?

Wait till they win 3 of the next 5 to quote me so I can happily eat my crow.

You don’t bump posts this quick lol because now I can use it against you if I’m proven right lol. I’ll give you a pass though since you may be new to this (I’m the king of bumping posts on basketball forums so I know this too well).
          Not new. Not worried. Get the ingredients prepared from the pantry and light the stove.

Again.
          we have played Dallas and Kansas City (two of the most explosive offenses in the league) and we have given up closest to, if not the fewest amount of 20 plus yard plays in the league. It's not my fault people don't understand the philosophy of what Stanley is doing and what he focuses on. Watch those two offenses light up big plays against most every other defense in the league.... Then you can get back to me.

I don't give a crap about anything except for explosive plays against and points against ...which are highly correlated, and happens to be what our coach preaches and believes in. 100% need to clean up our penalties.... However there's just some really highly questionable calls against our team that defies belief in their number and frequency. We played Washington on the anniversary weekend of 9/11, then two league, fan, and ratings favorites in Dallas and KC. I would hazard to Guess that these calls even out the rest of the season.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Not new. Not worried. Get the ingredients prepared from the pantry and light the stove.

Again.
            we have played Dallas and Kansas City (two of the most explosive offenses in the league) and we have given up closest to, if not the fewest amount of 20 plus yard plays in the league. It's not my fault people don't understand the philosophy of what Stanley is doing and what he focuses on. Watch those two offenses light up big plays against most every other defense in the league.... Then you can get back to me.

I don't give a crap about anything except for explosive plays against and points against ...which are highly correlated, and happens to be what our coach preaches and believes in. 100% need to clean up our penalties.... However there's just some really highly questionable calls against our team that defies belief in their number and frequency. We played Washington on the anniversary weekend of 9/11, then two league, fan, and ratings favorites in Dallas and KC. I would hazard to Guess that these calls even out the rest of the season.
            We got that Pass Interference call at the end of the game on 4th down no less...I think that makes up for the dallas game now that we're 2-1.

:Cheers1:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bolts just beat the Chefs...
                Chefs? That lacks sting and is boring. Call them the Qweefs. That's a better way to diss their name.

The Los Angeles Chargers beat the Kansas City Qweefs.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We got that Pass Interference call at the end of the game on 4th down no less...I think that makes up for the dallas game now that we're 2-1.

:Cheers1:
                  I watched the replay on the last pass of the game against the Chiefs after reading all the whining on the Chiefs board about it and it was pretty blatant by our secondary! But they rarely call it on a Hail Mary pass and we get jobbed enough that things even out a bit.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Chefs? That lacks sting and is boring. Call them the Qweefs. That's a better way to diss their name.

The Los Angeles Chargers beat the Kansas City Qweefs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I watched the replay on the last pass of the game against the Chiefs after reading all the whining on the Chiefs board about it and it was pretty blatant by our secondary! But they rarely call it on a Hail Mary pass and we get jobbed enough that things even out a bit.
                      You couldn't see what the Charger defenders hands were doing, and i got the impression that he was doing what he was coached. No official would have called it.
                      They complained about the two pi calls against them, so fuck them!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        The Chargers are the 6th seed in the AFC right now. The Raiders are 1st, the Broncos 5th. The Chiefs are on the outside looking in at the moment, as the 11th seed. They have two division and one conference loss. The Chargers have no division or conference losses.
                        I get you can only play who you play and the Broncos did have the last place schedule so they get the Jags and Jets where as the Chargers get the Patriots and the Texans plus a team in the NFC (Chargers get Vikings, Denver gets Detroit) - but the Broncos starting with arguably the 3 worst teams in football does help the confidence.

I can see Denver getting to 10 wins - add the Lions and thats 4-0 so basically .500 the rest of the way

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I get you can only play who you play and the Broncos did have the last place schedule so they get the Jags and Jets where as the Chargers get the Patriots and the Texans plus a team in the NFC (Chargers get Vikings, Denver gets Detroit) - but the Broncos starting with arguably the 3 worst teams in football does help the confidence.

I can see Denver getting to 10 wins - add the Lions and thats 4-0 so basically .500 the rest of the way
                          I think the AFC West is the best division in football. I think all three teams will end the season with winning records. With three wildcard teams it is possible they could all come from one division I suppose, but it's highly unlikely. But I think the AFCW could very well put three teams in the playoffs, the AFCN might have something to say about that though. The best team in the conference is in the AFCW, and they are in last place. That says something about this division.

Comment

Working...
                          X