• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
    Secondly, Mike Williams has not been worth what he has been paid and under his current deal is a huge albatross next season.
    Stephen A Smith approves this comment!!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I think Johnson, Guyton, and Hill can pick up the slack sans Mike Williams, especially with a better O Line and RB committee.
      Yep...we are actually kind of deep at wideout...which makes me think we can let Mike Will go...but we do need to work out a deal with HH...not too deep at TE and need him back...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'd like to see some evidence they can get open more than twice a game before I crown them. Do you now that Mike Williams had the most receiving yards of all our receivers?
        Actually Roo, if u look at Guyton's game splits, he has MULTIPLE games with more than two receptions, not bad at all for a #3 wideout:

guyton.JPG
        The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Got the crown for 'ya right here:

crown.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. Never said receivers don't matter, my whole point is they are not as important as the offensive line therefore more money should be invested in the O Line. Secondly, Mike Williams has not been worth what he has been paid and under his current deal is a huge albatross next season.
          I like Popper but I am glad he is not building a football team
          He wants to keep Mike Williams on the 15.6 tender - to me thats just dumb
          Hell I am not sure he is worth 4/45 but at least I can say thats much better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Kelce and Hill had 2600 yards and 26 TDs. Weapons matter. The question is only: is MW a high value weapon worth the option tag? But for gods sake give Herbie legit weapons!!! Don’t fall into the OL + scrubs fallacy. Aim higher.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              Kelce and Hill had 2600 yards and 26 TDs. Weapons matter. The question is only: is MW a high value weapon worth the option tag? But for gods sake give Herbie legit weapons!!! Don’t fall into the OL + scrubs fallacy. Aim higher.
              Agree weapons matter but if your qb don’t have time to throw then they’re ineffective. Speaking of OL, pff ranked KC at 13 while LAC at 32. We have a lot of work to do.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Agree weapons matter but if your qb don’t have time to throw then they’re ineffective. Speaking of OL, pff ranked KC at 13 while LAC at 32. We have a lot of work to do.
                the best way to get success for the chargers is to build a top 10-12 OL and a special teams that is maybe 14-18 in the league

the biggest myth is a QB needs weapons over an OL. build the damn OL and good RBs become better than good and so do WRS

the most bang for the buck to me this offseason is fixing special teams. I mean - for the cost of a decent CB or WR you can get Kicker, Punter and two "gunners"
                after that - build the OL

WR, RB, just gravy after that

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  Solid O linemen are hard to acquire, and usually in the first 3 rounds of the draft, preferably round 1 for your blue chippers...on the other hand, there always seems to be a glut of talented wideouts, all through the draft, and FA...not a fallacy--a lot of truth to need for O-line early...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Solid O linemen are hard to acquire, and usually in the first 3 rounds of the draft, preferably round 1 for your blue chippers...on the other hand, there always seems to be a glut of talented wideouts, all through the draft, and FA...not a fallacy--a lot of truth to need for O-line early...
                    Solid IOL can be found day 3 consistently.
                    Day 1/2 for most competent OTs.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Solid IOL can be found day 3 consistently.
                      Day 1/2 for most competent OTs.
                      Every year somebody finds one day 3?
                      Roughly 60% of OTs are round 1- 2. Top guys are mostly 1st. Not enough to go around.
                      OG/C - top talent goes early but serviceable starters have been found throughout.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yes and no with respect to cap space as if you sign TT and MD43 plus draft picks - that most of the current cap space For the Chargers to create more cap space, Turner and Hayward would need to be released but I do think they can replace RG and CB (with how both played last year ) for a lot less than what Turner and Hayward will make

Agree about Mike Williams - his cap his should be lower but I also think there are better players out there for the same money. I am not not too quick to sign Mike Williams

Leonard Floyd or a rangy OLB would be a nice target in free agency but I still think OC is the number 1 priority in Free agency. Today I probably keep Tevi and Lamp but who knows

The key to me - Telesco needs to really nail the draft . No more projects (Pipkins, Mager, Gilman types) - but players that will play from the get-go.
                        Gilman doesn’t belong in the same list as Pipkins and Mager. He was a 6th rounder.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

As much I have studied, and come to love some of the oline prospects in the upcoming draft, hoping we snag 2 or even 3 guys...I have to question whether we will draft even one...or at least more than one....folks...we dont even have an oline coach...just an assistent.

If FA rolls around, and we haven't filled that slot with an accomplished and seasoned oline coach, with several years experience, I dont see us developing a bunch of rookies...rather, I think we will be targeting established pros...

We may still pull the trigger on a polished or very talented LT prospect, but for now, Im guessing we wont be using the draft as a means of overhauling the oline...but still several weeks til FA...once that hits, I think we will know the course pretty quick...
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X