• Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Warford is the best one.
    My gut feeling is we draft our ORG and NDB.
    These are critical PONs.
    IMHO.
    And what about LT?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

I want to point out that the Bears is a great example of why aggressive organizations win and passive ones lose. The Bears were 7.5 million over the cap and cut players. The Chiefs started 35 million over the cap, cut their two injured tackles and center, re-structured, signed Thuney, Long and are ready for more. It has cost them very little in future years and it is more than offset by the new television revenues. If the Chargers were 35 million over the cap, we would have cut our players, raised our hands and said we can't do anything. We would waste a year of a rookie QB. This league is divided by the organizations that want to win and the organizations that find ways to be afraid of their own shadow.
      When the Bears win......anything....a winning record even, ill agree, but restructuring is just going to kick their asses later on is all. And has already with Fuller.

Its what the Rams are doing as well and their GM is a hot mess and going to cost Kroenke plenty. Amazed he still has a job...maybe that will change when they miss the playoffs next season. Giving 64 mil to Floyd is a WTF for me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        3 of his top 5 are OL and are either running out of gas or are coming off injuries. For low risk / high reward I see Rick Wagner as a great OL addition. The guy was simply a cap move a la Fuller AND he is going to be much cheaper than any of those 3. I would also venture that he would be a bit more reliable/sustainable. Who knows, you might hit a Hayward type of score at Green Bay's expense again.

I would rather see us sign 2 or 3 guys like Wagner rather than one Fisher/Villanueva/Schwartz.

Just my 2 centavos.
        Thats why at this point for the OL depth - get the best possible football player and not jsut focus on LT. I get that LT is a need but the play there has been so bad - if Center and both guards are improved heading into the draft - that seems to mean the OL should be improve. Also versatility. Can the player play OG/OC. I know Kelley from the Titans played a bit of OG as well as OT

AT this point - its all about the best fit for the scheme and dollars

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

And what about LT?
          Round 3.
          ​​​​​I have specific prospects in mind.
          IOL is crucial.
          NFL DTs are nothing but trouble.
          Herb's best look at how to inflict damage on defenses is with a clean inner pocket.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Dont want to add any more starters to the oline. Got 3 vets, wanna mix in some rooks to grow alongside them.

If there is another starter signed, I would hope its a corner.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Comment

• BoltingUP
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post
                How are the bears an example? They had to cut their best cornerback to afford Andy dalton as their starter. They are an example of bad cap management if anything and I don’t see how you could call the current regime a successful organization.
                Once again....the Bears are a bad example because THEY DID NOT HAVE to cut players. They could have restructured and had the money to do what they needed to do. I called the BEARS NOT successful because they didn't even make a move to help their organization, like the Chiefs did. They just threw up their hands and said I surrender! That is why...they are the Bears

For example....Robert Quinn has a 11.5 mill 2021 salary plus the 3.1 million prorated bonus charge from the original signing bonus. The Bears can convert 8 million of the 11.5 million salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the remaining 4 years for an additional charge of 2 million per year. That would leave his 2021 cap numbers as 3.5 million base salary and 5.1 million prorated bonus for a total cap hit of 8.6 million for 2021 instead of 14.7 million cap number. That is a savings of 6.1 million from just one player. That alone about wipes out their deficit. Things can be done and are by organizations that win.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

So you want a rook LT or Pipkens protectin our franchise's blind side?I want Villenuava and Sewell,Slater,or Little.Get greedy.Hell put Slater at Guard for a year while pickin V's brain about ins n outs of LT.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Send PM

Add to that the Chiefs that started 35 million in the hole on their cap also were in the running for JuJu.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
                      Add to that the Chiefs that started 35 million in the hole on their cap also were in the running for JuJu.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        I know Ninja has been touting CB Fabian Moreau. I took a quick look at one site and they had him so far down their CB rankings list that I thought I had missed him when looking. Ninja, what do you see that others don't with FM???

Just curious, because if he is all that he could come uber cheap at this point.
                        Oh he’s not all that. He has issues and needs to be coached up.
                        I like his physical traits, ballskills, hand disruption ability, mirror agility/speed, and that he’s a SoCal kid.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doubt Fisher is an option as he wont play next season. Weird to even mention him unless they want his first year cap hit to be an absolute bargain to sit and rehab.
                          Popper mentioned him because mid August is his targeted date to return. I doubt that will happen but they’re projecting based on Brandon Brook’s similar injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X