• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100% agreed.

Specifically OT, imo, is the hardest position to develop after qb because they are soooo behind in college and the pro position is evolving into one of the most difficult (after cb). Having to match the speed and power of these beasts on the DL, wave after wave.
    a realistic first round OT is still developing. You can start them, but you have to be patient and you have to get comfortable “over drafting” them, regardless of what scheme you run.
    I concur.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Like Fluker ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Definitely. I would think by now even TT understands he needs a different approach and/or a different pair of eyes to collaborate with.
        no way of knowing but I’d be shocked if he isn’t doing something different

something related. Maybe it’s just me, being a fan, and following the team (too) closely, but it feels like the word is out leaguewide that UFAs can play Telesco for a fool, sign for fatcat money and ride pine until they’re cut.

FA busts happen everywhere, but I’m curious to see if we have a significantly higher rate

we need an alpha on the OL we can trust to be the leader and to call the bs out if/when it’s happening
        Someone who is okay with confrontation, watchinf Feeney, Tevi, Lamp and Bulaga, they all seem casual and the avoiding personality type, we need a dog who can hold teammates accountable

just wondering who that can be
        It's not higher than the Raiders for one lol. They just cut guys they signed two years ago in Tyrell, Trent Brown, Joyner, Incognito, and trying to trade Mariota. Had to get rid of Antonio Brown before he played a down.

I can't imagine we are higher than the ordinary.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Like Fluker ?
          :smh:
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Like Fluker ?
            :lol:Woody in the trees...sniping trenchers....:lol:

Meet us in the field with v3...

Or did I miss that one...?
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Definitely. I would think by now even TT understands he needs a different approach and/or a different pair of eyes to collaborate with.
              no way of knowing but I’d be shocked if he isn’t doing something different

something related. Maybe it’s just me, being a fan, and following the team (too) closely, but it feels like the word is out leaguewide that UFAs can play Telesco for a fool, sign for fatcat money and ride pine until they’re cut.

FA busts happen everywhere, but I’m curious to see if we have a significantly higher rate

we need an alpha on the OL we can trust to be the leader and to call the bs out if/when it’s happening
              Someone who is okay with confrontation, watchinf Feeney, Tevi, Lamp and Bulaga, they all seem casual and the avoiding personality type, we need a dog who can hold teammates accountable

just wondering who that can be
              First off - my hope is that Staley (and this coaching staff) is better at player evaluation than the combos of Telesco/McCoy/JohnBoy and Telesco/Lynn/JohnBoy. Not only evaluation but understanding the TYPE of player they want. Meaning not just signing a guy to sign a guy but signing the RIGHT guy

Second - Telesco's best free agent was Casey Hayward; Woodhead was also solid. HIs biggest busts were Orlando Franklin (when the Cardinals got Iupati who was a darn good player for them) and Derek Cox.

So with that - there is going to be one helluva market for Linsley and Thuney. So do your damn job as a coaching staff and personnel team and see if there are players that might not be as known but will be upgrades over the previous OLines. Granted, if they sign Linsley, will be happy - but if its Austin Ritter or Karras - that works for me. OG should be pretty damn easy - there is more supply than demand. And if need be, sign two OGs in free agency - though OC is a priority - just get better

Lastly - for Edge - again, the supply is out there, I am liking Okwara or Roy-Robertson Harris as targets for Edge. I know the higher profile names like Floyd or Yannick or Lawson but again, Telesco does better if he goes more second tier.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First off - my hope is that Staley (and this coaching staff) is better at player evaluation than the combos of Telesco/McCoy/JohnBoy and Telesco/Lynn/JohnBoy. Not only evaluation but understanding the TYPE of player they want. Meaning not just signing a guy to sign a guy but signing the RIGHT guy

Second - Telesco's best free agent was Casey Hayward; Woodhead was also solid. HIs biggest busts were Orlando Franklin (when the Cardinals got Iupati who was a darn good player for them) and Derek Cox.

So with that - there is going to be one helluva market for Linsley and Thuney. So do your damn job as a coaching staff and personnel team and see if there are players that might not be as known but will be upgrades over the previous OLines. Granted, if they sign Linsley, will be happy - but if its Austin Ritter or Karras - that works for me. OG should be pretty damn easy - there is more supply than demand. And if need be, sign two OGs in free agency - though OC is a priority - just get better

Lastly - for Edge - again, the supply is out there, I am liking Okwara or Roy-Robertson Harris as targets for Edge. I know the higher profile names like Floyd or Yannick or Lawson but again, Telesco does better if he goes more second tier.
                Roy-Robinson Harris is a backup type, why spent any sort of money on him? I wouldnt call him even a second teir. That one baffles me actually. He isnt an Edge rusher at 298 lbs...not the type of Edge we need anyways.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Roy-Robinson Harris is a backup type, why spent any sort of money on him? I wouldnt call him even a second teir. That one baffles me actually. He isnt an Edge rusher at 298 lbs...not the type of Edge we need anyways.
                  thanks for that - who the hell was I thinking of ! dangit - I know one dude was Onkwara from the Lions

(let me get back to you on that one! - maybe its the guy from seattle - Mayowa - lighter in the 260 range)

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Thought this was interesting...

NFL insider John Clayton thinks that Matt Feiler is the #2 FA guard on the market (behind Thuney I’d assume). Says his value is somewhere around 7M/year.

Compared to what Trai Turner gave us last year, that would be an upgrade and a bargain.

Of all of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ notable players who are hitting unrestricted free agency, perhaps the name that has come up the least is veteran
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                        As much as we’d hate it, the Bolts need to resign Tevi. FAs just cost too much.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          Thought this was interesting...

NFL insider John Clayton thinks that Matt Feiler is the #2 FA guard on the market (behind Thuney I’d assume). Says his value is somewhere around 7M/year.

Compared to what Trai Turner gave us last year, that would be an upgrade and a bargain.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/cl...d-make-7m-apy/
                          Feiler - after Linsley is pretty high on my board too. He can play RT as well, Sarratt also would have good intelligence. I would take Feiler and either Warford or Ritter right now and call it good for the IOL. If his value though is truly around 7m -- these IOL/OGs are not going to get anything - except maybe Thuney and Linsley. Zeitler, Easton, Martin, Ritter, Blythe - its going to be a tough market.

Comment

Working...
                          X