• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
    You have Herbert on a rookie deal. He will be making 45M a year soon. Most teams go for it when you have a stud rookie QB. Telesco's uber conservative approach is not good for the team. If you want to build your depth through the draft fine. You better hit on those fucking picks though.

We needed a couple players to push now. OL and DT. Edge. At least one. At least show you are trying? Why are we always ok with players that kill this team? Why do we always believe in players who constantly let us down? You sacrifice the season because you think you can fix them?

Telesco has made some good picks. The main guys have fallen in his lap however. The key to a good GM is his depth. DL? Outside of Bosa? Nada. OL outside of Slater? Nada. So many mid rounders doing nada. There comes a time when you have to put your GM on the hot seat. He is on it.

Year after year... mediocrity and never showing any attempts to fix the sinking ship during the season...makes one wonder if they will ever be able to do things right? You see the top teams make moves on a consistent basis. You see them push and go for broke. The desire to win.

Year after year the losing can become habitual. Teams can expect to lose. Players give up. You ever feel like Telesco has reached that point? Where he wont make a move because he has given up? Why wouldn't he? He has made the playoffs once. If anyone ever just accepted failure...its gotta be him. He does not know how to win. He only produces losers.

He is a losing GM. A GM with no balls. We can expect the same thing weekly. Herbert getting killed from the right side. And Joey being tripled. Protecting the QB and knocking the opponents down are the 2 most critical aspects of winning. TT doesn't get that. We will remain sick. Im tired of waiting until next year. I want it now.

Begging. This is me begging for change. Either get something done Tom...or get the fuck out you passive dickwad. This is war. This is combat. You are shooting down fighter jets with peashooters. Get your guys some help. This is operational malpractice not using everything in your arsenal to get the job done.

Now before you guys jump my bones....you have to know that even the owner of this forum is human. lol I too need to get shit off my chest. Im really frustrated. Tired of mediocrity being the status quo here. It starts at the top. I would kill for new ownership.

Hec no I agree. Tired of waiting myself. So is Roo who has been waiting the longest. If we miss the playoffs because he sat on his hands and settled for mediocrity, Telesco needs to be fired! What he seems to like to do is wait for a player to get cut like Desean Jackson but the guy we need may not get cut and Desean is a nice player but he cant play RT or rush the passer.

Waiting for a kicker to get cut like Hopkins or we would still have Viz kicking for us. Those guys dont always fall in your lap and you have to go get them.

Totally agree Fleet.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-02-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hec no I agree. Tired of waiting myself. So is Roo who has been waiting the longest. If we miss the playoffs because he sat on his hands and settled for mediocrity, Telesco needs to be fired! What he seems to like to do is wait for a player to get cut like Desean Jackson but the guy we needs may not get cut and Desean is a nice player but he cant play RT or rush the passer.

Waiting for a kicker to get cut like Hopkins or we would srill have Viz kicking for us. Those guys dont always fall in your lap and you have to go get them.

Totally agree Fleet.
      That sounds like a fisherman. We need a hunter. lol We need a proactive aggressive GM. Not a passive wait and see what falls in his lap type of guy.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

You have Herbert on a rookie deal. He will be making 45M a year soon. Most teams go for it when you have a stud rookie QB. Telesco's uber conservative approach is not good for the team. If you want to build your depth through the draft fine. You better hit on those fucking picks though.

We needed a couple players to push now. OL and DT. Edge. At least one. At least show you are trying? Why are we always ok with players that kill this team? Why do we always believe in players who constantly let us down? You sacrifice the season because you think you can fix them?

Telesco has made some good picks. The main guys have fallen in his lap however. The key to a good GM is his depth. DL? Outside of Bosa? Nada. OL outside of Slater? Nada. So many mid rounders doing nada. There comes a time when you have to put your GM on the hot seat. He is on it.

Year after year... mediocrity and never showing any attempts to fix the sinking ship during the season...makes one wonder if they will ever be able to do things right? You see the top teams make moves on a consistent basis. You see them push and go for broke. The desire to win.

Year after year the losing can become habitual. Teams can expect to lose. Players give up. You ever feel like Telesco has reached that point? Where he wont make a move because he has given up? Why wouldn't he? He has made the playoffs once. If anyone ever just accepted failure...its gotta be him. He does not know how to win. He only produces losers.

He is a losing GM. A GM with no balls. We can expect the same thing weekly. Herbert getting killed from the right side. And Joey being tripled. Protecting the QB and knocking the opponents down are the 2 most critical aspects of winning. TT doesn't get that. We will remain sick. Im tired of waiting until next year. I want it now.

Begging. This is me begging for change. Either get something done Tom...or get the fuck out you passive dickwad. This is war. This is combat. You are shooting down fighter jets with peashooters. Get your guys some help. This is operational malpractice not using everything in your arsenal to get the job done.

Now before you guys jump my bones....you have to know that even the owner of this forum is human. lol I too need to get shit off my chest. Im really frustrated. Tired of mediocrity being the status quo here. It starts at the top. I would kill for new ownership.
        In theory, I actually like Telesco’s approach. With the exception that I hate that he’s aggressive by trading up instead of down. I believe that if the value isn’t there at your pick, try to trade down to get more picks. I also appreciate that he’s more aggressive in FA compared to AJ Smith. The issue is in the player evaluation in both the draft and FA. It has hurt us when we trade up for a player and they don’t work out. It hurts us when we sign a big FA name and they don’t work out. I also wished he paid more attention to the trenches instead of the skill guys, which are nice but not as important. Now a large part of the blame is on the previous coaches as well. From what Rams fans have told me, someone like Les Snead is more willing to trade their early picks away for big names because McVay and his coaching staff can develop the later picks into something good. Their current OL was developed through a lot of years and patience even though most were late round developmental guys. Perhaps Staley and his coaching staff will be the difference for us.

With that being said, I wouldn’t mind having a new GM. TT feels like he has run his course despite his recent draft and FA success. We need someone who is as analytic based as Staley but also has his vision aligned with our HC as well ie. being a team built in the trenches. I do think this new GM should also value a good salary cap situation and draft picks too. Some of the teams with the most sustainable success, ie. Ravens and Packers, have succeeded using this method. The Rams methodology is unconventional to say the least and I’m not sure it won’t blow up in their face. Especially if they don’t win this year. For me it’s equivalent to trading up instead of trading down. I’m all for increasing my chance of succeeding year in and year out. It just made me think of what happened during AJ Smith’s last season with us. If you don’t do this right then it can set you back badly.

On a side note, if Popper is right then they actually believe this to be a two year process and it’s actually next year when they go big.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Brees was playing a lot worse then than Herbert is now. Brees second season he had 17 TDs 16 INTs, 60%. Third season 11 TDs 15 INTs, 57% and this is when he was benched. Then he took off in year 4.
          Herbert has played 22 games.
          So true. People forget how bad Brees was in 2003. Benched for Flutie and the team decided to use the No. 1 overall pick on a new QB in 2004. But Rivers held out in training camp, and Brees got another chance and he had a Pro Bowl season.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
            Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
            • Jun 2013
            • Palm Springs
            • I know nothing
            • Send PM

I don't expect to be alive when these assholes win a super bowl. good grief get Storm some steroids, please. Or maybe mortgage some of the future for now. whatever it takes! This is too much of a bright opportunity to waste. I've seen too much of superstar Herbert being wasted by fearful ninnies expecting next year to be the year.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

"On a side note, if Popper is right then they actually believe this to be a two year process and it’s actually next year when they go big."[/QUOTE]

So this season is a hope for the best but dont expect too much lets waste another year of Herberts career and quite possibly stunt his growth or get him injured kind of a year.Is that what Im hearing TT?Cuz if so I will find something much more productive to do then waste time watching another shit show season under this idiot regime.PAAAATHETIC.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Hec no I agree. Tired of waiting myself. So is Roo who has been waiting the longest. If we miss the playoffs because he sat on his hands and settled for mediocrity, Telesco needs to be fired! What he seems to like to do is wait for a player to get cut like Desean Jackson but the guy we need may not get cut and Desean is a nice player but he cant play RT or rush the passer.

Waiting for a kicker to get cut like Hopkins or we would still have Viz kicking for us. Those guys dont always fall in your lap and you have to go get them.

Totally agree Fleet.
                Count me in for tired of waiting and pissed that TT has not made any effort to improve the team. Heck, I would’ve even taken Melvin Ingram back. He’s be good for 3-4 plays a game and he has some passion. Something. Anything. We’re dying a slow death here and that’s the worst way to go

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

That sounds like a fisherman. We need a hunter. lol We need a proactive aggressive GM. Not a passive wait and see what falls in his lap type of guy.
                  If you look at TT's record with FA signings, he almost always is active during the off-season. So, unfortunately, he mostly FAILS to fill mid-season needs, an epic FAIL for a GM, especially for a team that has playoff potential like this current squad. Then, in the off-season, he looks for bargains, and ends up with a lot of mediocre meh players, or busts. A few decent signings, but overall, a pretty poor track record:

Decent FA signings:
                  King Dunlap
                  Dwight Freeney
                  Danny Woodhead
                  Casey Hayward
                  Russell Okung
                  Donald Parham
                  Linval Joseph
                  Corey Lindsley
                  Matt Feiler
                  Cook

Mediocre Meh FA signings
                  Launchwhiffy
                  Brandon Mebane (decent first year)
                  Tre Boston (flashed at times, but a lot of blunders)
                  Damion Square
                  Mike Pouncey (decent first year)
                  Virgil Green
                  Dontrelle Inman
                  Tyrod Taylor
                  Chris Harris (decent at times, but inconsistent)
                  Nick Vigil
                  Aboushi
                  Fackrell
                  Daniel

FA bust signings:
                  Benji
                  Derek Cox
                  Donald Brown
                  Brandon Flowers
                  Orlando Franklin
                  Stevie Johnson
                  Joe Barksdale
                  Thomas Davis
                  Trai Turner
                  Bryan Bulaga (injury bust)
                  Storm Norton
                  Vizzy

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

"On a side note, if Popper is right then they actually believe this to be a two year process and it’s actually next year when they go big."
                    So this season is a hope for the best but dont expect too much lets waste another year of Herberts career and quite possibly stunt his growth or get him injured kind of a year.Is that what Im hearing TT?Cuz if so I will find something much more productive to do then waste time watching another shit show season under this idiot regime.PAAAATHETIC.[/QUOTE]

i said it this last offseason - in March, that was not the time to put the chips on the table, go all in with cap, signing free agents, etc

But based on the season and how much of it is left - other than the Shoon report about an edge rusher (and it wasn't Khalil Mack but they aren't spilling the beans) - did they try to upgrade other positions or just waited for players to be released

Again, for me, was willing to use Day 3 picks and some of their current cap space. This was not the Rams going all in. This was tweaking a couple things to be a top 7 team in the AFC. Gain some experience and really push next year

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Count me in for tired of waiting and pissed that TT has not made any effort to improve the team. Heck, I would’ve even taken Melvin Ingram back. He’s be good for 3-4 plays a game and he has some passion. Something. Anything. We’re dying a slow death here and that’s the worst way to go
                      Thats the thing - if the run defense doesn't improve, the Dline will be gassed by Christmas or earlier.

Staley said it - its more physical on a defense to play the run so its important that you can run the ball to make the defense work harder

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats the thing - if the run defense doesn't improve, the Dline will be gassed by Christmas or earlier.

Staley said it - its more physical on a defense to play the run so its important that you can run the ball to make the defense work harder
                          Maybe that IS the problem right there, in reverse? Chargers are making it harder for their defense to hold up because of a passing attack that’s easier to defend, less hard on opposing defenses, then quick outs and short fields to other teams offense to ram it down our throat running the ball, then after free shots down the field to a defense already gassed.

Comment

Working...
                          X