• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The big question is, how much of a dropoff is there from the Dynamic Duo, Sewell and Slater, to the REST of the pack?
    That is the big question for LT - how much of a dropoff is there. I do think the lack of a combine helps the process. Makes the scouts and Telesco look at tape and not get caught up in measurables and cone drills. Hoping this new coaching staff can help Telesco with the right candidates.

But I agree with the post above - if the LTs are gone and say Horn is there - don't try to reach just for OT. Take the top player like Horn and hope Round 2 produces a good option. I thikn McNeil was picked 50th overall. Good thing is - the Chargers have the cap space to sign a veteran for one year if need be for a bridge.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Slater isn't in Sewell's class. If Slater is tier II, than i think there is a much, much bigger drop off going beyond the tier III LTs: Radunz, Little, Darrisaw & Cosmi.

From what i've read: only Little might make it to the Charger's 2nd round pick. You are making a big gamble if you don't go LT at #13 and then sit and wait.

The law firm of Brown, Carman, Hudson & Smith are intriguing as developmental LTs: Chargers already have one.

The rest are right tackles.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        So Jenkins is a RT even though, when asked, he played just as well on the left?

Jenkins is OT4 in my book. He’ll be a fine LT.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Grading Game Film of New Chargers OL Corey Linsley, Matt Feiler, & Oday Aboushi

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Slater isn't in Sewell's class. If Slater is tier II, than i think there is a much, much bigger drop off going beyond the tier III LTs: Radunz, Little, Darrisaw & Cosmi.

From what i've read: only Little might make it to the Charger's 2nd round pick. You are making a big gamble if you don't go LT at #13 and then sit and wait.

The law firm of Brown, Carman, Hudson & Smith are intriguing as developmental LTs: Chargers already have one.

Therein lies the big concern.
            While I'm all in for going BPA at 13, we run the very real possibility that ALL the 2nd tier LOT's are gone when we pick at 47.
            I hope TT doesn't overdraft again( see: Fluker) but we could be left out of the game if Sewell and Slater are both gone ( I've just not seen enough evidence that Darrisaw is a top 13 player in this draft).
            The Jenkins, Mayfield, Carman, Radunz, and even Little, will most likely be gobbled up between 25-45.
            I bet those of you wishing for that 4 game win streak at the end of last season are rethinking that decision.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Therein lies the big concern.
              While I'm all in for going BPA at 13, we run the very real possibility that ALL the 2nd tier LOT's are gone when we pick at 47.
              I hope TT doesn't overdraft again( see: Fluker) but we could be left out of the game if Sewell and Slater are both gone ( I've just not seen enough evidence that Darrisaw is a top 13 player in this draft).
              The Jenkins, Mayfield, Carman, Radunz, and even Little, will most likely be gobbled up between 25-45.
              I bet those of you wishing for that 4 game win streak at the end of last season are rethinking that decision.
              This is precisely one of my concerns...if we draft a corner like Horn @#13, I really think we need to package #47 and one of our 3rd rounders to move up to the end of round 1 to grab the next best LT...before he's gone...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

So Jenkins is a RT even though, when asked, he played just as well on the left?

Jenkins is OT4 in my book. He’ll be a fine LT.
                I really like Jenkins....i don't think Telesco is in the position to take that risk drafting him as a LT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This is precisely one of my concerns...if we draft a corner like Horn @#13, I really think we need to package #47 and one of our 3rd rounders to move up to the end of round 1 to grab the next best LT...before he's gone...
                  I don't think adding a middle 3rd with pick #47 takes you back into the 1rst round. High 2nd round probably.

Pass up on a corner with the first pick, and trade up to get asante samuel in the 2nd?

Samuel might fit Staley's D better than Horn/Surtain. Chargers did try to get Fuller.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't think adding a middle 3rd with pick #47 takes you back into the 1rst round. High 2nd round probably.

Pass up on a corner with the first pick, and trade up to get asante samuel in the 2nd?

Samuel might fit Staley's D better than Horn/Surtain. Chargers did try to get Fuller.
                    Actually, if you go by the chart, pick #47 is 430 points + #77 (205 pts.) = 635 points--taking us right to the last 4 picks of round 1:

chart.JPG

Comment

• BoltBacker
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Las Vegas, NV
                      • Send PM

Chistian Darrisaw easily could go to the Chargers, seriously doubt we pass one of the top three OT's. Position of strongest need with player of matched ability to draft position. He is not a reach.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Sewell is a non consideration as he is long gone. I HOPE Slater lasts to 13, or TT may look at a Horn type CB. This is where the fun begins.........

And as noted earlier, we can always sign a bridge vet like Rick Wagner if we don't go OT in round 1.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                          Chistian Darrisaw easily could go to the Chargers, seriously doubt we pass one of the top three OT's. Position of strongest need with player of matched ability to draft position. He is not a reach.
                          I endorse this
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X