• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think in general that's true, but when you have been in a place for 8 years statistically you should be hitting on a couple of starters and some real contributors from rounds 4-7. We're looking at roughly 32 picks. It's not fair to rag on any single one, but as a group there should be some players.

Although I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't gotten anything. King was a pretty decent contributor and Jackson has been solid for a 7th rounder. Rochell was a good contributor for a 7th rounder.
    There have been lower round picks that have started and contributed for us. It’s just that they don’t always get second contracts with us. In fact, it feels like we have more UDFA that stay on the team than lower draft picks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think in general that's true, but when you have been in a place for 8 years statistically you should be hitting on a couple of starters and some real contributors from rounds 4-7. We're looking at roughly 32 picks. It's not fair to rag on any single one, but as a group there should be some players.

Although I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't gotten anything. King was a pretty decent contributor and Jackson has been solid for a 7th rounder. Rochell was a good contributor for a 7th rounder.
      And Ekeler and Mike Davis were undrafted as well as Parham and Tyron Johnson.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        One more FS wouldn’t hurt since three safeties seem to be utilized by Staley. But it could be a draft pick.
        I know this offseason been focused more on CB for depth but maybe it should be FS for depth - especially since as you write - Staley uses multiple safeties. So maybe it should be Malik Hooker or Xavier Woods on a low cost potential high upside signing. Sherman, McCourty - if need be sign them post draft.

As for Chase Daniels - decent signing. I had three names Alex Smith, most money; Chase Daniels, middle money, knows the offense with Lombardi or the cheapest player, Matt Barkley. Especially with Detroit already giving Daniels a $1.5m parting gift, hopefully he costs the veteran minimum

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m not down on Adderley. He’s got upside he’ll show this year. Not playing for Gus will be an immediate improvement.
          Hopefully Staley can figure out how to better utilize him. If he can’t, I won’t be surprised to see him cut in the off-season.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Nobody gets it.
            NFL teams--not just KC--will be throwing several weapons at us on a weekly basis.
            ​​​​These weapons will be ridiculously fast and ridiculously good.
            Wide Zone...everybody's gonna do it.
            We've got to defend the width and the length of the football field.
            This cannot be done with uber athletes who are not instinctive football players.
            ​​
            This would be the greyhound chasing the mechanical rabbit at the race track--never to catch the critter.

We need scheme.
            We need deception.
            We need smart football players.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Nobody gets it.
              NFL teams--not just KC--will be throwing several weapons at us on a weekly basis.
              This cannot be done with uber athletes who are not instinctive football players.
              ​​
              This would be the greyhound chasing the mechanical rabbit at the race track--never to catch the critter.

We need scheme.
              We need deception.

So if you could sign one DB at this time for depth - pre draft - who are you signing?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Stephen Nelson?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Nobody gets it.
                  ​​

We need scheme.
                  We need deception.
                  I think Staley and Hill will have a D that will be a lot more deceptive than Bradley's predictable defense...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Stephen Nelson?
                    He would be somebody to look at I think.

Xavier Woods - not sure ever an option but is a FA - went to the Vikings

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

We need scheme.
                      We need deception.
                      I love the Molden pick for those purposes. He’s corner, nickel, dimebacker, and safety all rolled into one. But we need to add an outside CB. I don’t see a way around it. Molden can be that 3rd safety, so no need to spend another high pick on Moehrig. Spend it on Horn or Farley instead.

A DB group of Davis, Horn, CHJr, Molden, Derwin and Adderley covers all the bases and gives the versatility Staley needs.

Now, about that LOT...
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I love the Molden pick for those purposes. He’s corner, nickel, dimebacker, and safety all rolled into one. But we need to add an outside CB. I don’t see a way around it. Molden can be that 3rd safety, so no need to spend another high pick on Moehrig. Spend it on Horn or Farley instead.

A DB group of Davis, Horn, CHJr, Molden, Derwin and Adderley covers all the bases and gives the versatility Staley needs.

Now, about that LOT...
                        Solid ideas.
                        I like Molden.
                        Especially for StaleyD.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think Staley and Hill will have a D that will be a lot more deceptive than Bradley's predictable defense...
                          Are you calling the "picket fence" predictable?

Comment

Working...
                          X