• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

According to the Vegas odds this morning, you could make $1600 by placing a $100 bet for Staley winning coach of the year. Not bad odds considering what he has to work with.
    Wow, forgot Vegas had bets on that stuff, too. Have to go back there while the odds are still good.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I think Jackson is a cut candidate due to his inability to stay healthy and he doesn’t contribute on ST even when healthy. Hill is sitting at the back of a loaded WR room so he is definitely a bubble player in my opinion.

Im also on the St. Louis over Norton bandwagon. St. Louis does have some OT versatility, as does Feiler and Jaimes. Those 3 along with Pipkins give us a lot of versatility should we have our usual rash of OL injuries. St. Louis also looked a lot better than Norton did last year, given playing at RG isn’t the same challenge as LT but Norton looked really really overmatched out there.

There are definitely going to be some intense battles out there for the last spots, ST play is going to be a huge determining factor for cuts I think. Hopefully that equates to a better than average ST unit this year.
        I can't get over Jackson. He played every single game in college for four years but can't play two or three in row with the Bolts.

I agree with you about St. Louis.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well Hill was returning punts. He wasn't particularly good at it. It was Reed who was supposed to excel on special teams as a kick returner, but he lost his job to Adderly, who was surprisingly good. I just feel you don't give up on a talent like Reed so early, especially given the disfunction of last season. You give the new coaching staff a chance to fix a guy like Reed, IMHO. Did you see the addendum to my post, about the possibility of a Mike Williams trade? Part of me thinks that is what they had in mind when they drafted Palmer.
          I liked Adderley on ST, but to reduce the chance of injury, I'd rather one of the 3rd string players, especially one of the rooks, run back returns.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I can't get over Jackson. He played every single game in college for four years but can't play two or three in row with the Bolts.

I agree with you about St. Louis.
            I think part of it is that wear and tear from college, using up that limited lifespan of a RB. He’s not quite NFL size either. There’s also the issue of the Charger’s preventative medicine approach being equivalent to one you could find for a JUCO intramural team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I’m not sure Cincy and the Jets are the teams I want to emulate when it comes to roster building. Daniels is half backup QB half QB coach, I’d be shocked if he gets cut especially at the expense of Stick who hasn’t proven anything at the NFL level and who probably understands the offense less then Herbert.

I think Jackson is a cut candidate due to his inability to stay healthy and he doesn’t contribute on ST even when healthy. Hill is sitting at the back of a loaded WR room so he is definitely a bubble player in my opinion.

Im also on the St. Louis over Norton bandwagon. St. Louis does have some OT versatility, as does Feiler and Jaimes. Those 3 along with Pipkins give us a lot of versatility should we have our usual rash of OL injuries. St. Louis also looked a lot better than Norton did last year, given playing at RG isn’t the same challenge as LT but Norton looked really really overmatched out there. Wut ? I'll cut Pipkins and St. Louis before Storm.

There are definitely going to be some intense battles out there for the last spots, ST play is going to be a huge determining factor for cuts I think. Hopefully that equates to a better than average ST unit this year.
              Well, I disagree with this entire post,
              so will not bother to highlight part of it.

Edit: OK I'll try.
              Last edited by wu-dai clan; 05-15-2021, 06:34 PM.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Josh Palmer is cold.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

King James is already an expert on the playbook?

— Safety Derwin James vouched for the Chargers to draft him. Samuel Jr. said James reached out to him to congratulate him and explain the playbook, adding they will get together soon and watch film.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

This time of year and through June, night and early morning low clouds in L.A...wait till August...in the San Fernando Valley...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 05-15-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      I can see them carrying 7 receivers, but only if they still value KJ and Reed on ST.
                      I don't think they have ever carried 7 WRs but I'd have to do some research. They kept Osgood on as a WR for his STs but still think they kept 6

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Been thinking about this since they drafted Palmer. KA & MW top the depth chart. Tyron Johnson's body of work last season and his steady development make him a keeper. Same with Guyton, but maybe to a lesser extent than Johnson because he dropsies later in the season, but still a keeper. The rook Josh Palmer is guaranteed a roster spot. That's 5 roster spots. I would be surprised if they went with more than 6 WR spots too, and if so that leaves Hill and Reed to fight for the final spot (assuming none of the UDFAs are going to steal it). As a pure receiver, I like Hill better. He started to show why he was such a phenom at Ohio State. I think he has a lot of potential to become a really good poor man's KA. So that leaves Reed the odd man out in my scenario. But I feel he has too much untapped potential as a multipurpose player to just let him go. So I don't know that they're going to do. Maybe they carry seven WR or they move Reed to another position group?

Here's another possibility: They trade Mike Williams. If Palmer develops quickly enough, and another team loses one of its top WRs and is desperate and is able to work out a multi-year deal with Williams, who is on the last year of his contract.
                        MW's is guaranteed 15.7 mil. If they trade him, I think we still pay that. If so, he isn't getting traded and if that was a thought, they have done it before the guaranteed 15.7.mil.

Not sure why some posters keep glossing over Telesco and Staley saying how much they like him.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

MW's is guaranteed 15.7 mil. If they trade him, I think we still pay that. If so, he isn't getting traded and if that was a thought, they have done it before the guaranteed 15.7.mil.

Not sure why some posters keep glossing over Telesco and Staley saying how much they like him.
                          Everything points to Mike Will being let go at the end of this upcoming season, get a nice comp pick out of it, and Palmer being drafted and groomed to replace him...

Comment

Working...
                          X