• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Forrest Lamp is looking like the forgotten man. Too many non productive years in his background.
    I am not sure if this is how it works but there is a rule in the CBA that if you sign a veteran with more 4+ years on your roster - you can get a cap savings of I think up to $1.25m

So I wonder - if the Chargers sign him for the veteran minimum - would he not have a cap charge?
    --granted, veteran depth of course is all Lamp would be at this time and based on his play - probably still not worth it

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I think CDN Bolt is right. With a few, low priced exceptions, NFL teams are going to hold off on signing too many more FA prior to the draft.

Once the draft is over, teams will start to fill the holes with the FA that are left.
      That makes some sense..... no one knows how draft will fall..... trades, etc.... so it will be possible to fill other holes afterwards if needed....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That makes some sense..... no one knows how draft will fall..... trades, etc.... so it will be possible to fill other holes afterwards if needed....
        I would think at this point most teams probably have 3-4 guys they are in contact with and after the draft - based on what a team did or didn't get in the draft - they will call a veteran or two to help round out the roster. For the Chargers that is probably CB, OT, maybe LB or a ST type player. Though I still think they might sign somebody still to replace Nick Vigil - Popper keeps pushing for Todd Davis.

EDIT: Not Todd Davis but Ryan Smith from Tampa Bay,. CB/Special Teamer - like it just for the fact that with this move and Fackerall, Telesco signing two players with large special teams experience.
        Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 03-30-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            OLine and Special Teams -

Telesco at that video conference in January just after the season - these were the two areas of focus by the journalists asking him questions. And most fans on this board too realize both needed to be improved. Can only hope with coaching and better players - both areas are.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Can this guy be better than Facyson at CB? Any improvement would be welcome. So he counts as a FA signing since his contract is over 1.6 mil. Or is it 1.8 mil? Or was this guy released?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Reminds me of Stuckey. He was a good gunner/safety for us.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Injury aside, I feel confident we will not have the worst ST this upcoming season. I will go with 16th or above as my prediction.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

The terms Ace and Special Teams have been mutually exclusive here in Charger land for far too long.
                      Looking forward to ANY improvement in Teams. And if he can be counted on to cover in a pinch,even better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Can this guy be better than Facyson at CB? Any improvement would be welcome. So he counts as a FA signing since his contract is over 1.6 mil. Or is it 1.8 mil? Or was this guy released?
                        I read the comp pick number is 1.8m. At worst - would lose probably a 7th at this point. But if Ingram signs pre-draft - probably would get the pick back.

I think he is more just a core special teamer than an improvement over Facyson. I wonder if Banner or Vaughn are the players that will be competition for Facyson for the 4th CB spot.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I read the comp pick number is 1.8m. At worst - would lose probably a 7th at this point. But if Ingram signs pre-draft - probably would get the pick back.

I think he is more just a core special teamer than an improvement over Facyson. I wonder if Banner or Vaughn are the players that will be competition for Facyson for the 4th CB spot.
                          Beyond STs, hopefully Smith can fill some kind of depth role in the secondary. He was a small school prospect (NC Central) with enough promise to become a 4th rounder.

Sometimes those guys take 3-4 years to adapt to the NFL. Maybe we got him at just the right time.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X