• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    It would not surprise me if both Reed and KJ Hill ended up on the practice squad. Neither impressed me last year. And apparently they didn’t impress TT either since he brought in more competition for them. And we’re not going with 7 receivers on the final 53.
    I still think Reed might make a good RB in rotation ..... Running/returning were his best skills in college and he is 225 to 230 pounds with speed so he has some power and can take the pounding.... the previous coaching staff never really tried to use him...... maybe he was slow learning what was needed to get on the field.....?

and depth is important because no one knows who will get injured in camp.....or how many.....

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      It would not surprise me if both Reed and KJ Hill ended up on the practice squad. Neither impressed me last year. And apparently they didn’t impress TT either since he brought in more competition for them. And we’re not going with 7 receivers on the final 53.
      Are the covid rules still in place for PS? Otherwise neither are eligible.

Comment

• JPPT1974
        May Day 2024!
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Well it seems the COVID 19 as soon as 70% of the USA is vaccinated could be uplifted for PS and 53 man roster.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          I don't always agree with Trotter's take on things, but in this piece he touches on something that surprised and concerned me at the same time. I was a little taken aback when Hamilton and Steichen both departed. I had hoped that Staley would retain at least one, preferably both. You have the a QB coming off the most successful rookie season in history. Much of Herbert's success throwing to players elevated from the practice squad or in a minor league. He had a middling at best running game and a wreck of an OL. The OC and QB had to have been a big factor in Herbert's success. You'd think these are two guys you want to retain in a coaching changeover. But both are gone. It does make me shake my head a little. Lombardi's one stint as an OC was not very successful. He lingered for years on the staff in the Big Easy where he was QB coach with Drew Brees as his QB. Nobody hired him as a coordinator again until now. I trust Staley, at least I want to. But this is the one area where I question the judgment.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't always agree with Trotter's take on things, but in this piece he touches on something that surprised and concerned me at the same time. I was a little taken aback when Hamilton and Steichen both departed. I had hoped that Staley would retain at least one, preferably both. You have the a QB coming off the most successful rookie season in history. Much of Herbert's success throwing to players elevated from the practice squad or in a minor league. He had a middling at best running game and a wreck of an OL. The OC and QB had to have been a big factor in Herbert's success. You'd think these are two guys you want to retain in a coaching changeover. But both are gone. It does make me shake my head a little. Lombardi's one stint as an OC was not very successful. He lingered for years on the staff in the Big Easy where he was QB coach with Drew Brees as his QB. Nobody hired him as a coordinator again until now. I trust Staley, at least I want to. But this is the one area where I question the judgment.
            Steichen was not a big loss but I would have liked to keep Pep because he would have been another smart guy with an extra set of eyes to help Lombardi. But, really this year is not going to be as big of a shock as it was last year for Herbert with a 100% better oline.

:cheers:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I’m not going to bother reading the article
              based on the title alone I’m sure trotter didn’t watch a single Chargers game last season
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I’m not going to bother reading the article
                based on the title alone I’m sure trotter didn’t watch a single Chargers game last season
                I can’t remember how long its been since Trotter first hated the Chargers, but he’s hated them for a really long time.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Sorry - think you’re right. Fake twitter post got me. Sorry bout that Tebow. Deleted.

Btw I don’t hate Tebow, i don’t even think about Tebow. I could not give two fucks about Tebow.
                  Happens to all of us. This morning when I woke up, my first thought was that dmac_bolt was just having a playful tease w/me.

Tebow will likely be off everyone's radar--permanently in 4 months.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Steichen was not a big loss but I would have liked to keep Pep because he would have been another smart guy with an extra set of eyes to help Lombardi. But, really this year is not going to be as big of a shock as it was last year for Herbert with a 100% better oline.

:cheers:
                    It was time to clean house...'nuff said...

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It was time to clean house...'nuff said...
                      When 75% of the apple is rotten who cares about the remaining 25%?!?!?

:hello:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I can’t remember how long its been since Trotter first hated the Chargers, but he’s hated them for a really long time.
                        Many broken hearts when we win our first championship
                        trotter, canepa, caplan, acehole, etc
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM