• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

FDA approval tales @ 12 mo on avg. I looked. Moderna hasn't completed filing yet. Tch, tch!

I'm just guessing about player vac participation but I think it's likely.
    I'd be very disappointed in them if they screw the season up by that method.
    Then again, it might be a favor. It could set me free of this cursed Chargers jones.
    I expect approval to be faster than 12 or even 6 months simply because it’s a priority right now and because part of the process was done in December for EUA. This is referring primarily to Pfizer which got all their paperwork submitted back in May.

And you know, I would be also disappointed if they screw something as simple as this up. But if I didn’t give up on them when they left LA and when Rivers left, then I might as well stick with them even if this does happen. I’m pretty sure I’m a masochist lol.

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m pretty sure I’m a masochist.
      Is there any other kind of Charger fan?

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I guess as of today, we’re no longer below 50%.
        A person familiar with the vaccination rates says two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp.

homer TheSimpsons GIF by Live What You Love Business Coaching
        Let me guess... are we at 51%? JK

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Let me guess... are we at 51%? JK
          Episode 2 Idk GIF by The Office

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I hope the players that dont want to take the jab stay strong.Fight for the right to choose what goes into your own body.If that somehow creates a disadvantage to winning or losing some football games so be it.If we dont have autonomy we truly are just subjects.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              I hope the players that dont want to take the jab stay strong.Fight for the right to choose what goes into your own body.If that somehow creates a disadvantage to winning or losing some football games so be it.If we dont have autonomy we truly are just subjects.
              Totally agree re random civilians.
              When the covid vaccine 1st became available, people close to me who were assisting in mass vaccinations reported that many recipients were shedding tears of gratitude. Things change.
              In the Army in the 60's, everytime you went somewhere, shots were a fact of life. Just line up & bare your shoulder. Not a request.
              I could see the covid shot as a condition of employment in the future, assuming FDA approval, for privately owned teams. Military, LEOs, firefighters, etc where a team needs all it's members.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Totally agree re random civilians.
                  When the covid vaccine 1st became available, people close to me who were assisting in mass vaccinations reported that many recipients were shedding tears of gratitude. Things change.
                  In the Army in the 60's, everytime you went somewhere, shots were a fact of life. Just line up & bare your shoulder. Not a request.
                  I could see the covid shot as a condition of employment in the future, assuming FDA approval, for privately owned teams. Military, LEOs, firefighters, etc where a team needs all it's members.
                  Great. People who don’t want the vax don’t get it but don’t expect to go to concerts, sporting events, theater, dine in restaurants or work in enclosed spaces.

Public service jobs, sports teams should all get the vax

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

"The Chargers brass knew they needed to upgrade their offensive line" is like saying Mrs. Lincoln was 'disappointed' that her husband was assassinated.

We already knew this, right?!?

Was there any reasonably informed person in the entire football world who DIDN'T know that the Chargers' O-line was in drastic need of upgrading?!?

Chargers' brass would be ignoramuses of the highest order if they DIDN'T know the line needed upgrading.

So when they tell us that "The Chargers brass knew they needed to upgrade their offensive line"...

Duh!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

"The Chargers brass knew they needed to upgrade their offensive line" is like saying Mrs. Lincoln was 'disappointed' that her husband was assassinated.

We already knew this, right?!?

Was there any reasonably informed person in the entire football world who DIDN'T know that the Chargers' O-line was in drastic need of upgrading?!?

Chargers' brass would be ignoramuses of the highest order if they DIDN'T know the line needed upgrading.

So when they tell us that "The Chargers brass knew they needed to upgrade their offensive line"...

Duh!!!
                      They know it every year. Whether they can is another question altogether. See last offseason as an example. An even better one is 2017.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        You’re body, your choice?

It should be every individual adult’s choice.
                        If a player doesn’t want the vaccine and understands the restrictions/limitations placed on them after, then perfect. While this may negatively affect the team’s performance at times, we will know what position groups may need additional depth because of the unvaccinated.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Can we change the verbiage from vaccination to immunization?

Probably not :facepalm1:

Comment

Working...
                          X