• Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Bring him in, we need the competition at punter.
      agree...... more competition the better

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Gus was so clueless...
        Gus had a scheme that worked if you had the right players. He had no idea how to adjust though. Glad he's with the Raiders. He doesn't have the players so it should be easy to take advantage of old Gus.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Gus had a scheme that worked if you had the right players. He had no idea how to adjust though. Glad he's with the Raiders. He doesn't have the players so it should be easy to take advantage of old Gus.
          The preference that Gus had in his scheme is only good if you have the right players on D-line and 8 men deep on the depth of the D-line. The team didn't have that in most of his time as DC. Lynn is also to blame because has the final say on players, he kept some players around longer than others. Everybody knows how he's questionable because of wanting Tyrod Taylor to start over Herbert, he also didn't make good roster decisions.

Bradley wasn't the only one to blame for the defense's failures. His assistants were bad, this is another thing that gets overlooked. Four of the assistants that Gus had followed him to the Raiders.

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post

With the staff we had last year I'm surprised Herbert wasn't playing Safety and Murray Quarterback. Got to build those young mens character according to Lynn.
            Shhhhhh some here bromance Lynn and co. :stirringshit:

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The preference that Gus had in his scheme is only good if you have the right players on D-line and 8 men deep on the depth of the D-line. The team didn't have that in most of his time as DC. Lynn is also to blame because has the final say on players, he kept some players around longer than others. Everybody knows how he's questionable because of wanting Tyrod Taylor to start over Herbert, he also didn't make good roster decisions.

Bradley wasn't the only one to blame for the defense's failures. His assistants were bad, this is another thing that gets overlooked. Four of the assistants that Gus had followed him to the Raiders.
              Excellent! The blind leading the blind...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

That season when we had Launchwhiffy, a marginal SS at best, playing single high FS...ugh...brutal...

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Excellent! The blind leading the blind...
                  The funny thing about this is how many defensive players have stated that they're NOW getting the coaching they didn't get under Gus and company that they didn't get before. People will be shocked on how much better this defense will gel compared to last year. We literally had coaching clowns running the show before.

:beer:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The funny thing about this is how many defensive players have stated that they're NOW getting the coaching they didn't get under Gus and company that they didn't get before. People will be shocked on how much better this defense will gel compared to last year. We literally had coaching clowns running the show before.

:beer:
                    Yep...the Three Bolt Stooges: Lynn, Gus and Stewart...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Random thoughts....

Why do people on here keep beating a dead horse, and hating on the past? Lynn, Gus, Stewart...who gives a shit? It's yesterday's box score...let it go. Boring...

I can't stand June and early July...fluff pieces..all bullshit. You won't see me on here much in that stretch...Thank God for training camp...

Training camp itself is often a bunch of fluff...but for the first time in years, this one feels a little different. Herbert looking sharp, but his amazing talent, and that of our surprising WR group, is also being countered at times with fast and aggressive defense. It doesn't feel like crap vs. crap....it feels like sharp on sharp, steel on steel, and I am as excited as I have been in years...

Burrows and Lawrence are looking like...well, not much. No raves about Tua...how the hell did we luck into this Herbert kid...and maybe...how the hell did we luck into this coach?

Maybe I'm experiencing punch drunk love, but this whole team, coaches and players, is giving me positive vibes I haven't felt since the LT days, mid 2000's...

Finally, a great big thank you to all you forum members posting info about training camp, from tweets to articles to videos...best Charger fan site ever!

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree...... more competition the better
                        That’s all I ask for. Compete now and have an injury backup.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’m excited about this group. But still, it’s the Bolts and crazy dumb stuff is in their DNA.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X