• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

After game 14, I see the Chargers at 10-4, with @Texans, Broncos, and @Raiders left on the schedule, with the Bolts sweeping those final 3 and rolling into the playoffs with winning momentum. I expect no less from this team.

That said, I have learned to temper my expectations, this is the Spanos Chargers after all, and we really don't know what we are going to get from Brandon Staley, the new coaching staff, the new players, and Justin Herbert in his 2nd year. So I will be happy with 8-6 after 14 games. If the team is 6-8, I will be disappointed, but 9-8 might still get them in the post-season.
    I’m pretty sure that there will be kinks and stuff they need to work on but I don’t think Staley and staff will be stubborn like Lynn. Remember the season when it took him 4 games (lost) to realize the team was better off with Rivers throwing the ball.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Why is everyone acting like we have a great HC? From what everyone is saying he is the greatest NFL HC in the history of time to have a record of 0-0. To me going in he sort of seems like a guy that is running things with the secret in his back pocket. We'll see if it works I will say he talks a good game but Nope he has got to prove it in these games coming up that he has the right stuff also our OC and DC have a lot to prove. Lastly Josh Palmer is going to be a superior WR when measured next to Elijah Moore RIGHT because we could have drafted Moore over Palmer?
      At this point, everyone’s reacting to the numerous reports of increased morale and player buy-in. I don’t think it’s an overreaction to be excited. Yes, Staley’s record is 0-0, but the team’s already running at a higher efficiency than it was in last year’s TC.

Anyone with an average EQ can sense Staley’s energy. Anyone with an average IQ knows how that positively affects an NFL franchise.

Plus, this coach is smart. Last year he took an average defense and made it #1. So far in TC he’s showing that he’s much more than a bright coordinator; he’s showing all the intangibles that great coaches have.

Mainly leadership. #boltup
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Staley has proven to be a non-stop talker with a positive spin on everything. I like him, be we still have to see if he can be a head coach.. We'll also see if Lombardi can put together a high powered offense. Time will tell.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Not as clueless as Mike McCoy, but let's not quibble about the relative disaster ratings of unfortunate coaching hires that are in the rear-view mirror now.

There's going to be so much to watch that's NEW.

* We'll see the degree to which the overhauled O-line is qualified to assist both phases of the offense.

* There's an entirely new focus on special teams, top to bottom, from coordinator, to scheme, to the acquisition of particular players precisely for their ability to excel on special teams.

* On defense, there's not only a new coordinator, but the return of Derwin James.

I'm getting geeked about seeing Staley's edition of the Bolts take the field. Hope you are, too.
          The emphasis on special teams should produce at least one more win IMO just by eliminating the fatal errors that have absolutely killed us.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Chargerspulse is streaming todays practice live on Insta. Gonna have him upload to a IGV and should have most of it later.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

The emphasis on special teams should produce at least one more win IMO just by eliminating the fatal errors that have absolutely killed us.
              Competent special teams play would have added at least two wins last season, no?

Excellent special teams-- if that's what the Bolts end up with-- would figure to WIN a couple of games, no?

That's a FOUR game swing. That's enormous.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Competent special teams play would have added at least two wins last season, no?

Excellent special teams-- if that's what the Bolts end up with-- would figure to WIN a couple of games, no?

I agree was just being conservative is all. It was bad.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Staley has proven to be a non-stop talker with a positive spin on everything. I like him, be we still have to see if he can be a head coach.. We'll also see if Lombardi can put together a high powered offense. Time will tell.
                      Yes, this is pretty much how I view the situation.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Saw this on Chargerspulse's Instagram. What can the man not do? Are we going to see him at WR next?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

The Saints FG fail still haunts me to this day.

Comment

Working...
                          X