• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Surprised they didn't put a floor at the same time. If the cap only goes from 182 to 188 - thats not much - with a ceiling 20m higher.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Forgive me, but the perceived need for additional EDGE is overstated. StaleyD concepts says so.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Forgive me, but the perceived need for additional EDGE is overstated. StaleyD concepts says so.
        How many times though has Staley said, .... In this league
        "you can't have too many Edge Rushers"
        or
        "you can't have too many DBs"

Now, that doesn't mean that after these OTAs and training camp - the players on the roster won't fit the needs of what Staley and staff are preparing for this season.

You could be right - Staley likes what he sees on the roster. And though I have been preaching more depth at those two positions (and OL) - I have come around to the thought that it is fair to at least let the players practice and have the coaches be able to implement things for the current roster before signing another body or two.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

They have enough Edge players but do they have any quality after Joey?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Wood, how about DB? Looks like we could use some quality depth there...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How many times though has Staley said, .... In this league
              "you can't have too many Edge Rushers"
              or
              "you can't have too many DBs"

Now, that doesn't mean that after these OTAs and training camp - the players on the roster won't fit the needs of what Staley and staff are preparing for this season.

You could be right - Staley likes what he sees on the roster. And though I have been preaching more depth at those two positions (and OL) - I have come around to the thought that it is fair to at least let the players practice and have the coaches be able to implement things for the current roster before signing another body or two.
              As the Captain of the ship, I think Staley understands that there are rough waters ahead. For him to be publicly hand-wringing about those rough waters-- in advance of encountering them-- would accomplish nothing but stirring up a bunch of distracting babble. So, of course he isn't going to do that.

Yes, there are still some repairs to the hull that are required if the boat is going to avoid getting swamped, and sinking this season.

No, this team-- in it's present state-- should *not* be expected to compete for anything beyond just REACHING the post-season.

We're looking at roughly 6 weeks until camp begins. I doubt Staley intends to reach that juncture with the roster as it is at this moment.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

They have enough Edge players but do they have any quality after Joey?
                Uchenna Nwosu Rd 2.
                Kyle Fackrell Rd 3.
                Chris Rumph II Rd 4.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

As the Captain of the ship, I think Staley understands that there are rough waters ahead. For him to be publicly hand-wringing about those rough waters-- in advance of encountering them-- would accomplish nothing but stirring up a bunch of distracting babble. So, of course he isn't going to do that.

Yes, there are still some repairs to the hull that are required if the boat is going to avoid getting swamped, and sinking this season.

No, this team-- in it's present state-- should *not* be expected to compete for anything beyond just REACHING the post-season.

We're looking at roughly 6 weeks until camp begins. I doubt Staley intends to reach that juncture with the roster as it is at this moment.
                  I agree/ I do not have any grand designs about unseating the Chiefs as the division winners. But with 7 teams making the playoffs - I think being one of the teams in the "playoff picture" with a few games to play is not unrealistic to expect.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Well done, Quack...and I thought I was the only poster on this forum to use Titanic or Titanic-like metaphors...last year, Captain Lynn-Queeg did his best to undermine the Boltanic, and despite 1st Mate Herbie's heroics to "bail" him out, our flagship still foundered in the rough waters, failing to reach Port Playoff...this year, our team is the "Charger Cruiser"--newly overhauled, with some nice new weapons, having tossed overboard some dead weight coaches and players, same talented 1st mate, but a spanking new Captain Staley--promoted to us after several successful tours aboard the U.S.S. Ram...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 05-27-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Uchenna Nwosu Rd 2.
                      Kyle Fackrell Rd 3.
                      Chris Rumph II Rd 4.
                      And how about their production?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

And how about their production?
                        We all have to wait and see. One player is taking over the starting spot, one player was a reserve on another team and was productive, and the other is a rookie. All of them (and Bosa) are playing in a new to them defense. The good news is there's been more than one Edge rusher have career years with Staley's coaching, either as a position coach or last year as a defensive coordinator.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

We all have to wait and see. One player is taking over the starting spot, one player was a reserve on another team and was productive, and the other is a rookie. All of them (and Bosa) are playing in a new to them defense. The good news is there's been more than one Edge rusher have career years with Staley's coaching, either as a position coach or last year as a defensive coordinator.
                          Plus, we no longer have Not-so-Supa Mel, and his ZERO sacks last season...addition by subtraction...

Comment

Working...
                          X