Anymore news on Lindsey?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I've heard that Justin Jackson is the clear #2 behind Ekeler. J.J. must be doing something right.
      JJ is a good RB. He has just been a china doll.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          I hope Davis caught some shit for pulling Keenan down by the ankle in the endzone.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Herbert, James excel in Chargers' scrimmage in front of fans

1 / 3APTOPIX Chargers Football

Los Angeles Chargers free safety Derwin James, right, intercepts a pass intended for Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen during NFL football practice in Costa Mesa, Calif., Friday, Aug. 6, 2021. (AP Photo/Alex Gallardo)

JOE REEDY
            Sun, August 8, 2021, 7:54 PM
            INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Chargers fans got to see a little bit of everything during their first opportunity to view a practice at SoFi Stadium.

The Maine and The Offspring performed during a pregame concert, new coach Brandon Staley got his first time to go through a game routine, and Derwin James and Justin Herbert made big plays.

“I’m so glad that we did this because this is so much different than a training camp practice. I think that adjustment is real,” Staley said. “I’m glad our operation got going here, and I think that you saw the guys performed well today in front of our fans.”

Herbert had a solid day in front of nearly 34,000 fans as he continues to get up to speed with Joe Lombardi’s offense. The second-year quarterback often connected with new tight end Jared Cook and also had a 70-yard touchdown to Jalen Guyton. He also had TD passes to Cook, Mike Williams and Keenan Allen.

Josh Palmer, a third-round pick this year, also got plenty of snaps with the first unit.

Last year, the Chargers moved into SoFi Stadium, but fans were not allowed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Herbert said it was good to get out and run some game situations before the preseason games begin on Saturday against the Los Angeles Rams.

“We had some good opportunities to go down and score. There were some good things, some bad things, but a lot of film to watch,” Herbert said.

James missed last year due to an injury and made the most of his first opportunity to play in front of the home fans. He picked off Herbert near the sideline on a pass intended for Austin Ekeler.

“It felt good to get out here and put on the uniform. There are still a lot of little things to clean up. There’s still a lot of moving parts,” he said.

Linebacker Kenneth Murray (ankle) and center Corey Linsley (foot) left with injuries, but Staley said not having both players return was more precautionary.

The other thing that Staley wasn’t pleased about was the performance of his kickers. Incumbent Michael Badgley — who didn’t make a field goal beyond 45 yards last season — missed three of seven during one period, including 49- and 51-yard attempts.

Tristan Vizcaino was 3 of 6, and rookie free agent Alex Kessman 2 of 6.

“The good news is we have three more games to evaluate against other people,” Staley said.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Guyton is at it again. And the kickers all suck.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                The other thing that Staley wasn't pleased about was the performance of his kickers. Incumbent Michael Badgley -- who didn't make a field goal beyond 45 yards last season -- missed three of seven during one period, including 49- and 51-yard attempts.

Tristan Vizcaino was 3 of 6, and rookie free agent Alex Kessman 2 of 6.

"The good news is we have three more games to evaluate against other people," Staley said.
                Interesting...maybe the terrible trio of Bankrupt Bags, Volatile Vizzie and Krummy Kessman ALL lose out and we hire someone else...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Guyton is at it again. And the kickers all suck.
                  Greasy Gloves Guyton could be a surprise cut to the PS...the first few weeks, maybe they put him on the No-Poach PS list...

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Greasy Gloves Guyton could be a surprise cut to the PS...the first few weeks, maybe they put him on the No-Poach PS list...
                    There not gonna cut Guyton.
                    He makes plays.70 yard touchdown.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Interesting...maybe the terrible trio of Bankrupt Bags, Volatile Vizzie and Krummy Kessman ALL lose out and we hire someone else...

I bet they are looking for someone, these guys aren't promising. I'd be considering Long if I was the special teams coach.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

That speed is hard to replace, he may not get as much playing time this year but he'll be on the team. It's seldom anyone who makes 70-yard plays get cut.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I bet they are looking for someone, these guys aren't promising. I'd be considering Long if I was the special teams coach.
                          But...didn't Long get injured when he filled in for Bags last season? Something about messing up his normal punting motion and muscles?

Comment

Working...
                          X