• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Thanks for posting. I didn't read King today but glad you posted that

I at first didn't like the hire of Staley - I just wasn't sure about his experience. So far, he has proven me wrong and the Chargers finally might have a worthy head football coach.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

TG[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Spot on. I really don’t get the hate for Guyton. He came up big last year many times. And although he had a couple drops he also made some pretty tough catches, too, and bailed Herbert out. And you cannot teach or coach his size/speed measurables. Cutting him for dropping a pass in preseason would be a terrible mistake.

Anyone here old enough to remember Bobby Duckworth? Still can’t forget the game he broke wide open streaked to the end zone and held the ball up before he got there only to have it swatted away and recovered by the defense.

TG
      Oh yes, a costly mistake. I often think of that when I see a guy getting cute before he's in the end zone. I remember a play like that in the Super Bowl too. I think it was the Cowboys player that knocked it out of the hands of a guy celebrating a bit early.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Two picks of Herbert frustrate the young passer (“This defense does a great job of disguising,” Herbert said afterward)

Going up against Staley's D daily, as opposed to Bradley's D, should really help Herbert: Bradley's D confusing nobody other than Lock.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Spot on. I really don’t get the hate for Guyton. He came up big last year many times. And although he had a couple drops he also made some pretty tough catches, too, and bailed Herbert out. And you cannot teach or coach his size/speed measurables. Cutting him for dropping a pass in preseason would be a terrible mistake.

Anyone here old enough to remember Bobby Duckworth? Still can’t forget the game he broke wide open streaked to the end zone and held the ball up before he got there only to have it swatted away and recovered by the defense.

TG
          New play in the playbook this year. “Jalen go deep.”
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

New play in the playbook this year. “Jalen go deep.”
            That is my knock. 1 trick pony. He's a great inline runner. Route runner not so much. I think TJ has more upside.

TJ, JG, JP good problems....

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Two picks of Herbert frustrate the young passer (“This defense does a great job of disguising,” Herbert said afterward)

Going up against Staley's D daily, as opposed to Bradley's D, should really help Herbert: Bradley's D confusing nobody other than Lock.
              You know, that is a great point. Lock goes up against Fangio every practice. And he still is clueless. And from what I hear, despite all of his off season focus and sessions with peyton manning, he is still lost. Maybe he doesn't trust his eyes and thinks every defense he faces is going to change their coverages at the last minute because Fangio does?

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

That is my knock. 1 trick pony. He's a great inline runner. Route runner not so much. I think TJ has more upside.

We probably all agree it seems. It's the drops from JG compared to no drops from TJ. Either way, they'll both make the team.

I noticed that neither of last year's WR draft picks are even getting any mention this year.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

WR3 - WR5 in any order gives us a very deep, talented, hard working group in our WR room.
                  ‘We’re going to have 1-3 WR hit the waiver wire on cut day that might not make it to the PS.
                  Good problem to have. Let’s get all the position groups to this depth.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Pipkins a cut candidate? Seems like Norton has been getting all the RT reps when Bulaga is out. Thought early in camp they were saying Pipkins was getting those reps. Also feel like Proehl is leading the way for the 6th WR spot. Reed and Hill have been mostly silent throughout camp but it seems like Proehl’s name keeps popping up, especially when they are doing red zone work.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think they want Pipkins as the game day swing tackle but may never be a starter at RT. I don't think he's a straight release, But he does have to show something this season.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        Pipkins a cut candidate? Seems like Norton has been getting all the RT reps when Bulaga is out. Thought early in camp they were saying Pipkins was getting those reps. Also feel like Proehl is leading the way for the 6th WR spot. Reed and Hill have been mostly silent throughout camp but it seems like Proehl’s name keeps popping up, especially when they are doing red zone work.
                        Pipkins. Year 3. It’s now or never. He can either play at this level or he can’t. There is no way I would spend a 3rd year at the NFL level trying to teach a guy how to play. There are too many guys who can play who would kill for that roster spot.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

WR3 - WR5 in any order gives us a very deep, talented, hard working group in our WR room.
                          ‘We’re going to have 1-3 WR hit the waiver wire on cut day that might not make it to the PS.
                          Good problem to have. Let’s get all the position groups to this depth.
                          I'll take a WR #3-5/Punt Returner with hands and who makes good decisions.

Is that asking for too much ?
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X