• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I never have thought that Qberry looks good. They should have kept Feeney and let Q go.
    Feeney didn't look so good either...

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Qberry and Feeney are both place holders at this point. Which is why drafting IOL is needed.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

From what I’ve seen so far…our kickers suck.

Last year the excuse for Badgley was that the STs coach sucks and there was bad blocking.

What’s the excuse now?
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

True but he was better than Q.

Just for you Toppy -
          “Come at once. We have struck a berg.” Those were the first words Harold Cottam, the wireless operator on the RMS Carpathia, received from the sinking RMS Titanic at 12:25 a.m. on April 15, 1912. The Carpathia would be the first ship to the disaster scene, saving 706 lives.

In the US Senate hearings days later, the Carpathia’s captain Arthur Rostron testified, “The whole thing was absolutely providential. . . . The wireless operator was in his cabin at the time, not on official business at all, but just simply listening as he was undressing. . . . In ten minutes maybe he would have been in bed, and we would not have heard the message.”

There was another vessel even nearer that night but that wireless operator had already retired for the night.

Our kickers fall into the second category.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Not sure I agree with Herbert playing no snaps at all during preseason. Maybe a series or two at most. But none feels like it can affect performance.
            Yeah, same here. I was surprised to read that - no preseason action at all for Herbert. They must feel he looks totally comfortable and in command during practice. He did play 15 games last season, but he's still a young QB who is only going to improve with more game experience. I would think they would want to give him some game situation experience before opening day. But what do I know?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I read at Chargerspulse on Instagram that Mike Williams is dealing with a hip flexor. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I read at Chargerspulse on Instagram that Mike Williams is dealing with a hip flexor. I haven't seen it anywhere else.
                Oh man… we’re not even in preseason yet :banghead: good thing we drafted Palmer.

Comment

• Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  From what I’ve seen so far…our kickers suck.

Last year the excuse for Badgley was that the STs coach sucks and there was bad blocking.

What’s the excuse now?
                  This will be the gift that keeps on giving thanks to the leader of fine men letting Lambo and Koo depart

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Koo stunk it up - we all would have screamed if they had kept him. Lambo was a mistake but they did have an issue with him aside from his kicking. Badgley looked like a find as a rookie but keeps declining. Maybe we could get Doug Flutie back and he could drop kick for us.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Not sure I agree with Herbert playing no snaps at all during preseason. Maybe a series or two at most. But none feels like it can affect performance.
                      Wow, that's unusual for a second-year QB. I expected him to play the entire first half in the first two games. I think the OL could use that time playing in front of Herbert just as much as Herbert needs it.
                      I question this decision by Staley.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

True but he was better than Q.

Just for you Toppy -
                        “Come at once. We have struck a berg.” Those were the first words Harold Cottam, the wireless operator on the RMS Carpathia, received from the sinking RMS Titanic at 12:25 a.m. on April 15, 1912. The Carpathia would be the first ship to the disaster scene, saving 706 lives.

In the US Senate hearings days later, the Carpathia’s captain Arthur Rostron testified, “The whole thing was absolutely providential. . . . The wireless operator was in his cabin at the time, not on official business at all, but just simply listening as he was undressing. . . . In ten minutes maybe he would have been in bed, and we would not have heard the message.”

There was another vessel even nearer that night but that wireless operator had already retired for the night.

Our kickers fall into the second category.
                        LOL...great trivia there, Roo...after that awful practice the other day when ALL 3 KICKERS WERE AWFUL, it's kind of like offering a spot on a lifeboat from the Titanic to all three of them, but they all say "no." It's like nobody wants the job...though Vizzie did better than Bags yesterday...

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

Wow, that's unusual for a second-year QB. I expected him to play the entire first half in the first two games. I think the OL could use that time playing in front of Herbert just as much as Herbert needs it.
                          I question this decision by Staley.
                          Also not playing in the preseason:

C Corey Linsley
                          RT Bryan Bulaga
                          DT Linval Joseph
                          TE Jared Cook
                          RB Austin Ekeler
                          WR Keenan Allen

Comment

Working...
                          X