• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Moore > Hill. If it was UDFA Hill instead of 20/7 Hill, I don't think he'd be on the likely safe list.
    If you want a WR6 who can do KR or PR duties, I think Bandy or Proehl could do as good a job if not better.

Bradwell > Kelley. I don't really care if Kelley has good hands, first and foremost a running back should be able to run.
    No RB4 > Kelley RB4 also.

Is McKitty a better blocker than Sokol or Kampmoyer? Is he a better pass catcher than Sokol or Kampmoyer? Is he a better special teamer than Sokol or Kampmoyer? I think the answer to all three is no. One catch so far and one special teams snap in preseason, where the other two have 25 combined. He must have a high ceiling or something.

Should've already jumped Kelley though.

No it shouldn't. The OC and QBC shouldn't need help doing their jobs from a QB3. Cut him, hire him as a QBC assistant if you want, but don't waste the roster spot.

On track to being a lock? Bit of a bold claim there. On track to push for a spot more like.
    The only one I am not in lockstep with you over is McKitty.

LAC has assigned this rookie a limited role initially, due in part to the presence of other, compelling TE weaponry.

McKitty did show some production and athleticism prior to his final college year.

Upside, baby.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LAC has assigned this rookie a limited role initially, due in part to the presence of other, compelling TE weaponry.

McKitty did show some production and athleticism prior to his final college year.

Upside, baby.
      The team didn't draft McKitty for this year. They drafted him for the next 3 to 4 years after this. Jared Cook is the bridge TE. Teams do draft players for the future to prepare for potential free agency. So if McKitty is inactive all year - so be it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The team didn't draft McKitty for this year. They drafted him for the next 3 to 4 years after this. Jared Cook is the bridge TE. Teams do draft players for the future to prepare for potential free agency. So if McKitty is inactive all year - so be it.
        We need him to help @T_pippy22 block at least one defender.

IDK B4K, do you have a prediction for how Nabors--McKitty--SAnderson will shake out, in a few short days ?

I see two rosters spots there.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Moore > Hill. If it was UDFA Hill instead of 20/7 Hill, I don't think he'd be on the likely safe list.
          If you want a WR6 who can do KR or PR duties, I think Bandy or Proehl could do as good a job if not better.

Bradwell > Kelley. I don't really care if Kelley has good hands, first and foremost a running back should be able to run.
          No RB4 > Kelley RB4 also.

Is McKitty a better blocker than Sokol or Kampmoyer? Is he a better pass catcher than Sokol or Kampmoyer? Is he a better special teamer than Sokol or Kampmoyer? I think the answer to all three is no. One catch so far and one special teams snap in preseason, where the other two have 25 combined. He must have a high ceiling or something.

Should've already jumped Kelley though.

No it shouldn't. The OC and QBC shouldn't need help doing their jobs from a QB3. Cut him, hire him as a QBC assistant if you want, but don't waste the roster spot.

On track to being a lock? Bit of a bold claim there. On track to push for a spot more like.
          Kelly really is only going to keep his roster spot because of reputation. He’s a struggling backup RB that does not even play STs.

Almost all backup RBs are involved in STs.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

IDK B4K, do you have a prediction for how Nabors--McKitty--SAnderson will shake out, in a few short days ?

McKitty is still enigma to me, but I’m willing to be patient and see exactly what Staley plans for him. Who know’s could be starting early as end of this season?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Here's a piece on Derwin James from Jim Trotter at NFL.com...

Chargers' bolt is BACK: 'Alpha leader' Derwin James drives culture of accountability in Los Angeles (nfl.com)

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Upside, baby.
                Hopefully in three years he’s not known as McPipkins. Yes, the similarity is there.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                  I’m glad he’s on our team. Sounds like a real dog out there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Well, you cannot draft somebody in the 4th round with the experience McKitty had at Georgia and expect him to be a contributor. So I think he was probably always scheduled to make the roster but be one of the inactives.

I think only one of Anderson or Nabors makes the roster at this point.

If McKitty is exposed to the PS - he probably gets picked up.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well, you cannot draft somebody in the 4th round with the experience McKitty had at Georgia and expect him to be a contributor. So I think he was probably always scheduled to make the roster but be one of the inactives.

I think only one of Anderson or Nabors makes the roster at this point.

If McKitty is exposed to the PS - he probably gets picked up.
                      I can see McKitty being active on game day just because of his blocking abilities. We will probably keep at least three TE on the roster. Cook, Parham, and McKitty are locks IMO.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Kelly really is only going to keep his roster spot because of reputation. He’s a struggling backup RB that does not even play STs.

Almost all backup RBs are involved in STs.
                        Not impressed by Kelley but I’m pretty sure Staley was touting his ST acumen in a press conference just last week. JJ definitely doesn’t contribute on ST and can’t stay healthy, being a good runner for the 2 weeks a year he’s active doesn’t deserve a roster spot IMO.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I'd send McKitty to the PS.
                          I doubt he's shown enough to be poached.
                          I like Anderson - blocks, and catches.
                          Norton's lead blocks are good for the run game and he can catch too.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X