• Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    It's worth remembering, that many of the guys we have on our "final" 53, don't even make it to week 1. Yes, we tend to cut 3-7 players in the week BEFORE the first regular season game.
    True, but a lot of that has been placing players on IR, and this season it shouldn't be necessary before the first game, other than possibly with Jackson. It will be interesting if there are any waiver wire pickups by the Chargers before the WFT game. Last season the Chargers actually didn't make any additions to the 53-man roster between the cut-down to 53 on Sept. 5 and the Cincinnati game on Sept. 13.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Popper has the same prediction due to Jackson's constant injuries. It's not a question of talent.
      Kelley just cannot get out of his own way. He has regressed badly and it is obvious. Sad really.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        In the end, talent wins games. Kelley will still be there (on the PS) if Jackson gets hurt
        That's exactly what I hope they do is keep Jackson, cut Kelley and sign him to the PS. It especially makes sense now because the minimum stay on the IR has been reduced to three weeks, and there is no limit to the number of players returned to the active roster from IR: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-permitt...or-2021-season

So Jackson can be moved onto and off the injured list so long as he is on the "final" 53-man roster on Tuesday.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

That's exactly what I hope they do is keep Jackson, cut Kelley and sign him to the PS. It especially makes sense now because the minimum stay on the IR has been reduced to three weeks, and there is no limit to the number of players returned to the active roster from IR: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-permitt...or-2021-season

So Jackson can be moved onto and off the injured list so long as he is on the "final" 53-man roster on Tuesday.
          This seems like a wise plan if they can do it. Put Jackson on the final 53, waive Kelley, Jackson goes on the IR, bring Kelley back

I can see Detroit signing Kelley but that could be a chance you take.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

In the end, talent wins games. Kelley will still be there (on the PS) if Jackson gets hurt
            Talent can't do a thing from the trainers room..I'd cut them both.....and I like JJ but he is unreliable.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This seems like a wise plan if they can do it. Put Jackson on the final 53, waive Kelley, Jackson goes on the IR, bring Kelley back

I can see Detroit signing Kelley but that could be a chance you take.
              Yep...Loyal Lynn is licking his chops in anticipation as we speak...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Given the fact that offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi incorporates a handful of three- and four-tight end sets, the team carries four. Plus, Stephen Anderson's upside on special teams and versatility to play fullback is beneficial.
                Yep...anyone notice that nice pancake Anderson (red) had vs. the Seahags to help spring Rountree for a first down? And Anderson lined up in the upback position on that play. Jaimes (blue) a solid block also.

anderson good block, jaimes.JPG
                Last edited by Topcat; 08-30-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Quite the draft if entire 2021 rookie draft class makes this roster.

Telesco previous draft picks, Pipkins, Jackson, Stick, Reed, Egbule could be on practice squad or released?

What would be preferred is to use any or all in exchange with another team to upgrade swing tackle position.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Loyal Lynn is licking his chops in anticipation as we speak...
                    Kelley was in Lynn's doghouse most of his rookie season. He was trying the old Parcells approach. Kelley did not respond well to it. I am not so sure Lynn wants the guy. Lynn fell in love with Ballage soon after.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

I watched the Youtuber the Directors 53 man prediction.....what surprised me was he didn't mention Ryan Smith at all, wouldn't him getting cut be a surprise? Didn't they pay him pretty good mainly to give a special teams boost.

He is currently on the COVID list I guess but he cant stay there.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Kelley was in Lynn's doghouse most of his rookie season. He was trying the old Parcells approach. Kelley did not respond well to it. I am not so sure Lynn wants the guy. Lynn fell in love with Ballage soon after.

TG
                        Ah yes, good old Ballage...one decent game, and it was all downhill after that...

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          Ah yes, good old Ballage...one decent game, and it was all downhill after that...
                          Everybody was so excited for a little while. He's with Pittsburgh now: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player.../kalen-ballage

Comment

Working...
                          X