• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKFlyFisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He was a project who was elevated off the PS for game four and steadily improved as the season progressed. He was/is poised to be become another UDFA success. I just hope it isn't for another team.
    I'll bite on this. Johnson had 3 TD catches, but his stats were 20 catches for 398 yards and 3 TDs in 12 games. He was targeted 26 times. Guyton played 16 games and had 28 catches and 550 yards and 3 TDs and was targeted 55 times.

I don't think TDs tell the whole story here.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Bottom of every squad has to offer something on ST. Johnson was at best 5th WR after Allen, Williams, Palmer, and Guyton.
      This is huge! And for a team with terrible ST --if this is the focus of Telesco and Staley - having a ST unit in the middle of the pack and not bottom 10% of the league, I think wise decisions.

At least for the Chargers - the plays not made on Special Teams were game changers because they were so bad at it.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

The deadline for getting the cuts in to the league office has now passed. We should get the rest (6 more if Ryan Smith stays on the Covid list) soon.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

I'll bite on this. Johnson had 3 TD catches, but his stats were 20 catches for 398 yards and 3 TDs in 12 games. He was targeted 26 times. Guyton played 16 games and had 28 catches and 550 yards and 3 TDs and was targeted 55 times.

I don't think TDs tell the whole story here.
          It's not hard to recall all the clutch catches he made last season. You mentioned the 2nd Raider game. He also set up the win against the Falcons by getting wide open and taking a long ball from Herbert and getting out of bounds. That set up the winning field goal. That hail Mary catch in Buffalo, where he came out that crowd with the ball and almost made it to the end zone. Guyton, who I also like, started to get the dropsies later in the season, it looked to me like it he got nervous. But that never affected Johnson. He didn't have a drop that I remember, and he made some real difficult catches.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I really like your takes on stuff. But I just don't get the TT would have to admit he made a mistake one. If he were that much of an egomaniac, he would have been fired a long time ago. He would not have cut Feeney, Lamp, Watt, Tourek. He would not have let Melvin Gordon walk. We might still have Lynn or McCoy as head coach. I get that all of us are sick of having a crummy OL and he has presided over that, but I don't think he would scuttle the team just to soothe his ego.

Peace

TG
            He also let Te'o go.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

It's not hard to recall all the clutch catches he made last season. You mentioned the 2nd Raider game. He also set up the win against the Falcons by getting wide open and taking a long ball from Herbert and getting out of bounds. That set up the winning field goal. That hail Mary catch in Buffalo, where he came out that crowd with the ball and almost made it to the end zone. Guyton, who I also like, started to get the dropsies later in the season, it looked to me like it he got nervous. But that never affected Johnson. He didn't have a drop that I remember, and he made some real difficult catches.
              I agree. I meant to respond to another poster about "3 TD catches only." I think this was a mistake, especially when you have players like Hill, Reed, and Pipkins still on this roster. It just looks like a preference for draft picks, and not necessarily the talent.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Are we actually:

- keeping 3 QB's?

- keeping Faycson??

- keeping Hill?????

- keeping Storm and PIP?????

- Keeping JJ who is made of glass???

They have to be scanning the waiver wires/trades for upgrades to those positions!!! PLEASE!!!!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Recap of the cuts…..

DB Donte Vaughn

EDGE Davin Bellamy

TE Matt Sokol

LB Nate Evans

OT Darius Harper

WR John Hurst

EDGE Jessie Lemonier

CB KJ Sails

DL Willie Yarbary

LS Cole Mazza

OL Tyree St. Louis

TE Hunter Kampmoyer

LB Emeke Egbule

DL Joe Gaziano

RB Darius Bradwell

CB John Brannon

WR Michael Bandy

K Michael Badgley

WR Tyron Johnson

DT Breiden Fehoko

DT Cortez Broughton
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Agree.

Cam would probably love coming to LA, which is the very reason we should not want him here.
                    I've again got absolutely No interest in Cam.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I wasn't as high on him as you but it's a head scratcher for sure.
                      Need to sign best available OT please

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

I never heard of whisper of any problem with Herbert. The only reason I can think of for releasing him is some character issue. I hope he doesn't become Wes Welker for another team. He was money for the Chargers last season. Didn't drop a single ball.
                        There was a rumor this offseason. We dismissed it because no depth WR is dumb enough to have a spat with the franchise QB.

I'll go ahead and predict he isn't Welker.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’m good with Johnson getting cut if he carries Pipkins out the door on his back. The two for one special.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X