• Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Along those same lines - di you watch the Sid Gilman show? I never missed it unless my job had me out of town.

Oh, sounds like something I would have loved! Unfortunately I didn't live in San Diego, other than in the fall of 68. That was enough for me to become a Chargers fan, but then my military family moved on. My dad was career Navy. We were only in San Diego because he was in the naval hospital having some strange lung infection treated.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Foober was a funny guy - he had a different kind of humor. He marched to a different drummer! He picked his name from his Cat. lol

He lived in Montana nearly to Canada. He built a house but didn't put a toilet in it - he put an outhouse in back of the house. He thought that was more sanitary than using a toilet in the house. He used to send me emails from time to time - his name was Jon. When he quit posting it was for a good reason - he had passed away.

Shamrock was a friend of mine (still is). He was a trucker and he used to drive long distance. Whenever got up here in Northern Oregon we'd get together and talk Chargers. Now he drives locally in Texas near his home so I don't see him anymore. When they made him a moderator I tried to talk him out of it. I knew he had a short fuse and that doesn't work well for a mod. He became a fan of the Texans when the Bolts moved. He hated LA.
      Foober was an odd bird but quirky and funny.

good to hear about Shamrock. You’re right, he shouldn’t have been a mod. Can’t imagine a guy with short fuse like that is doing well as a Texans fan

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I think we are going to get a lot of reports like this throughout the season. Bulaga needs minimal practice reps to be ready for game day but this enables the team to keep from wearing his body down. It also gets Norton (and Pipkins, ugh) more practice reps for development.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I never did understand why Silly did that? Kemp was a good fan and his posts were very good. I wonder what happened to both of them? Silly was from Alabama.

I wonder how many of those guys simply gave up on the team when it was moved?
          Yeah that Silly and Kemp war was over Weddle. Went on and on. Kemp was a very knowledgeable fan.

the funniest was Boltcorpse or Jack Frost. Jack must be having a good laugh now at Scam Newton’s expense. He never liked that guy

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I think we are going to get a lot of reports like this throughout the season. Bulaga needs minimal practice reps to be ready for game day but this enables the team to keep from wearing his body down. It also gets Norton (and Pipkins, ugh) more practice reps for development.
            He is not gonna hold up. What was the game he came back in last year after being out and then got hurt on the very first play?

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree..... if all we want is a guy to securely catch punts, then how about having one of our tough backup safeties do it. Safety Mike Fuller was a tough fearless punt returner who NEVER fumbled;ed the ball..... was not a big threat for a big return but always was middle of pack as far as return average was concerned..... and he always ran forward..... no runningbacke=wards losing yardage.....
              They tried like a dozen people at PR this camp.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree..... if all we want is a guy to securely catch punts, then how about having one of our tough backup safeties do it. Safety Mike Fuller was a tough fearless punt returner who NEVER fumbled;ed the ball..... was not a big threat for a big return but always was middle of pack as far as return average was concerned..... and he always ran forward..... no runningbacke=wards losing yardage.....
                  Yeah, they just handed Hill the job. Nobody else was given an opportunity. Nada.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Happy Bandy, Proehl, and Moore Jr. made the PS, all flashed some talent in preseason.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

They tried like a dozen people at PR this camp.
                      True. I know they can’t fix everything in one off season, but with ST being such a high priority, I thought they would have tried to acquire a PR. Not much we can do about it now.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        No LBs !?!
                        Staley must want them to just run and hit.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I’m okay with Pipkins getting practice reps. He needs all the reps possible. And ideally this is his redshirt year unlike what happened in 2019. The guy just needs consistency. Not having a new OL coach and a shortened offseason would help.

Comment

Working...
                          X