• Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Per the NFL.COM transaction site, Merrill and Facyson both cleared waivers.
    So "Assigned via Waivers" means there was a waiver claim, while "Waived, No Recall" means there was no waiver claim and the player is a free agent?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think the cutting of Johnson hurts our chances against WFT in particular. WFT was tied for 27th in allowing completions of over 40 yards. They gave up big plays last year and we made them happen due in significant part to Johnson or the combination of Johnson and Guyton putting pressure on defenses.

There is a reason why the Chiefs selected Hardman even though they already had Hill. We had the poor man's version of that with two cheap practice squad players who were worth their weight in gold and we just pissed it away.

And what happens if Guyton gets injured? Then we will have absolutely zero speed at the WR position. Palmer, a guy with a 4.51 40 yard dash time, will be the fastest WR on the roster. Defenses will be able to compact the short area near the line of scrimmage without any real fear of being beat deep. That will have at least some adverse impact on Allen as the passing lanes will likely be less roomy and more crowded.

Johnson and the combination of Johnson and Guyton added real value to the offense.
      I joked that it was really John Jefferson that got cut by our reaction to TBill. Based on the last few pages the guy was Lance freaking Alworth.............

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Tyron Johnson is absolutely nothing like Tyreek Hill. Wtf is that even about? Their agility times are polar opposites. The only elements of them that are similar is their 40 times and bench reps. Is chain really basing this entire spiel on 40 times?

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I joked that it was really John Jefferson that got cut by our reaction to TBill. Based on the last few pages the guy was Lance freaking Alworth.............
          Johnson makes prime Jerry Rice look like Buster Davis.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Merrill and Facyson still listed on the 53, which is actually 55…

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Remember how Silly and Kemp had a flame war going that finally drove Kemp away? Ah, good times...
                Kemp immediately locked horns in bitter battle with Chaincrusher after transferring here.

I had the impression Chaincrusher ran this site at the time and was attempting to haze the upstart
                for the temerity of not genuflecting to his intellect.

After a series of tough, sharp elbows from Chainy, Kemp fled complaining about immovable objects withering irresistable forces.

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still cannot get into the UT Board - I was going to say hi to Forrest Overrin
                    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still cannot get into the UT Board - I was going to say hi to Forrest Overrin
                    I knew Forrest, great guy and great fan. Back before I ever heard the word Internet, I subscribed to a rag called Chargers Weekly. Forrest was the Editor of that. I can't remember when I first started posting at the UT forum but it's long ago now. It was pretty new then.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                      I saw there are only two OL on the PS - if that is correct - I do not think thats nearly enough. I personally would have figured out how to have four players.

Can always find WR or RB to add to a Practice Squad - but it seems to me - OL and DL depth - always can use.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Remember how Silly and Kemp had a flame war going that finally drove Kemp away? Ah, good times...
                        I never did understand why Silly did that? Kemp was a good fan and his posts were very good. I wonder what happened to both of them? Silly was from Alabama.

I wonder how many of those guys simply gave up on the team when it was moved?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I knew Forrest, great guy and great fan. Back before I ever heard the word Internet, I subscribed to a rag called Chargers Weekly. Forrest was the Editor of that. I can't remember when I first started posting at the UT forum but it's long ago now. It was pretty new then.
                          He seemed like a good guy when I perused the forum

Good friends with the guy who called himself "Carl Spackler" -- Jim G - used to work for the Padres. Good guy too

Comment

Working...
                          X