• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Vizzy could even kick a TB at 70%, I'd be happy...80% I'd be ecstatic...90%+ I'd be jumping for joy...
    What if his FG % is only 65?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What if his FG % is only 65?
      I was referring to TB %. If his figgie % is in the 60's after several games, time to find another kicker. BTW, Bags kicked in the 70+% last year...

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I'll THINK about it, Quazy Quacksaw...

LOL, Titanic cat

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Harris and Davis, with Samuel in the slot?
          I thought it was Davis and CHJr in base, then CHJr sliding to slot in nickel. Not sure he’s ready yet, but I’d like to see Samuel and Davis in base by week 3-4.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• JAFA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

44-14 It was in Cleveland too. Too bad that season also ended in Ohio cough freezer bowl cough.
            I remember the Cleveland DB's and LB's yelling at each other and just completely confused by what the Chargers were doing - guys were running wide open all night. They had no clue. I'm pretty sure we ruined their season with that 1st game. Here's hoping we do something similar to WFT.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Oh, yeah?!? Well, the ONLY reason you call yourself 'Top Cat' is that you were too embarrassed to call yourself 'Bottom Cat'!

So there!

lol

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Oh, yeah?!? Well, the ONLY reason you call yourself 'Top Cat' is that you were too embarrassed to call yourself 'Bottom Cat'!

So there!

lol
                Topcat needs to inform the newcomers again about the story of Topcat.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  I’ll post the entire article later.
                  From the article...

"It's...a strength of Justin, being able to throw on the move and to be able to get him outside and to change the launch point and to put pressure on defenses because of the marriage of the run and the pass."
                  Brandon Staley

"[QB coach Shane] Day has worked hand-in-hand with offensive line coach Frank Smith to hone that harmonious run-pass marriage that makes teams like San Francisco such a challenge."
                  Robert Mays

It is the conjecture of the mythical, mystical woodeye Scouting Bureau that this is all going to ultimately elevate the performance of our offensive line, making the total more than the sum of its parts...and this is why I am VERY Good and Confident With Our OL.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

It was a glorious game. A real beat down. I lived in Cleveland then and all I heard was about how great the Browns were. They were going to win the “Siper Bowl!” Fouts ripped them and Muncie went off, too. Hank the Howitzer even caught a TD pass. One of my favorite games.

TG
                    I recall that game very fondly myself. And I just re-watched the second half of it on youtube (no commercials). One thing that definitely sucks about that game is that you can see how talented James Brooks was for us too but he was later traded to the Bengals and did great things there. We wound up with Pete Johnson. Bad trade! Terrible! A knife in the heart.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Topcat needs to inform the newcomers again about the story of Topcat.
                      True...Topcat was a cartoon series in the 60's about an alley cat who had to scrounge for his meals and never took a government handout...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I recall that game very fondly myself. And I just re-watched the second half of it on youtube (no commercials). One thing that definitely sucks about that game is that you can see how talented James Brooks was for us too but he was later traded to the Bengals and did great things there. We wound up with Pete Johnson. Bad trade! Terrible! A knife in the heart.
                        I still have my Brooks 21 jersey downstairs with "Jimmy" on the back. A play on football and Quadrophenia.......

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

One week to go!
                          In just one week we finally get our first look at this year's team. I can hardly wait. Holding the team out of the preseason games has made this first game the most suspenseful game in years.

We've heard all the talk about how our new HC will change the team - on both sides of the ball but we don't know specifics. One week from today we'll start to learn about the meaning of all the things BS has hinted about. ;

What will this blend of the Saints and Niners offense look like?

Where will we be seeing Joey and Derwin?

How often will we be playing a 2/3/4/5 man front?

Those are things I want to learn about but there's also the usual questions like how good will our rookie OT be? Will any of the rookies other than our first two picks have an important role with this team? OR - will we have a respectable Special Team unit this year? Will the new kicker make his FG's? Etc., etc.

Lots of things to watch for and I can hardly wait!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X