• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAFA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Here’s the full article. It’s just crazy all the detail and nuance.

This is an awesome read! It's POSSIBLE that the previous coaching staff was working this hard to maximize the offenses potential, but I don't believe it for a minute. This brings to mind the 'checkers vs chess' comparison between last year's staff (and head coach) and this new staff.

Really looking forward to what this team looks like this season. I remember watching the Chargers play Cleveland on opening day back in the beginnings of the Coryell era. Nobody was paying much attention to them while Cleveland was touted as a playoff team. Fouts and co came out and literally blew their doors off - the vaunted Cleveland defense had no clue what to do against the Coryell's offense. Fun times!!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Very fun times ! Fouts/Kosar, Fouts/Anderson, Fouts/Marino.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JAFA View Post

This is an awesome read! It's POSSIBLE that the previous coaching staff was working this hard to maximize the offenses potential, but I don't believe it for a minute. This brings to mind the 'checkers vs chess' comparison between last year's staff (and head coach) and this new staff.

Really looking forward to what this team looks like this season. I remember watching the Chargers play Cleveland on opening day back in the beginnings of the Coryell era. Nobody was paying much attention to them while Cleveland was touted as a playoff team. Fouts and co came out and literally blew their doors off - the vaunted Cleveland defense had no clue what to do against the Coryell's offense. Fun times!!
        They beat Cleveland on opening day of the 1981 season: the waning years of the Coryell peak era

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They beat Cleveland on opening day of the 1981 season: the waning years of the Coryell peak era
          I could be wrong but was that the old Aztec Brian Sipe that we beat?

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was a glorious game. A real beat down. I lived in Cleveland then and all I heard was about how great the Browns were. They were going to win the “Siper Bowl!” Fouts ripped them and Muncie went off, too. Hank the Howitzer even caught a TD pass. One of my favorite games.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I've been watching some college games and see they all have a kicker that kicks it out of the end zone. They also have been kickers that have made the FG attempts. The Oklahoma kicker made a 51 yarder - right down the middle and then kicked off out of the EZ.

So why can't the Bolts find a reliable kicker?
              Bama's kicker has made 16 in a row.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

It was a glorious game. A real beat down. I lived in Cleveland then and all I heard was about how great the Browns were. They were going to win the “Siper Bowl!” Fouts ripped them and Muncie went off, too. Hank the Howitzer even caught a TD pass. One of my favorite games.

TG
                44-14 It was in Cleveland too. Too bad that season also ended in Ohio cough freezer bowl cough.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Touchbacks definitely help preserve the health of depth players. And depth may be the kryptonite of our team. I’d be a happy camper if Vizzy booted every single KO through the EZ.
                  If Vizzy could even kick a TB at 70%, I'd be happy...80% I'd be ecstatic...90%+ I'd be jumping for joy...

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

With Facyson not making the cut that makes Samuel the starter at outside corner right?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Vizzy could even kick a TB at 70%, I'd be happy...80% I'd be ecstatic...90%+ I'd be jumping for joy...
                      If he hit 100%, would you stop coming up with goofy nicknames for players?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If he hit 100%, would you stop coming up with goofy nicknames for players?
                        I'll THINK about it, Quazy Quacksaw...

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          With Facyson not making the cut that makes Samuel the starter at outside corner right?
                          Harris and Davis, with Samuel in the slot?

Comment

Working...
                          X