• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Better chance to implement some new wrinkles to the offense during bye week. Defense should be prepared to stop the run as well.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Better chance to implement some new wrinkles to the offense during bye week. Defense should be prepared to stop the run as well.
      Rookie qb, team prefers to run? That says 8 in the box, 1 deep safety to me. Let’s see if Staley plays his favorite D scheme or plays to stop the opponent’s strengths.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Rookie qb, team prefers to run? That says 8 in the box, 1 deep safety to me. Let’s see if Staley plays his favorite D scheme or plays to stop the opponent’s strengths.
        That is the question.

Started to address that one simple question and all of a sudden three paragraphs later (deleted) still had no answer.

Don’t think analytics work alone, without pads on the field during preparation week. Chargers got lit up and I mean lit up all three phases of the game with Ravens. Last year the Patriots buried them 45-0. Both those teams thrive off of special teams the Chargers Achilles heel. So let’s hope like hell Chargers special teams gets its act together or it’s going to be another brutal Sunday….. analytic game or two safety high.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The Chargers are scheduled to host the Steelers on Sun night in Week 11. The Chargers also host the Chiefs on Thurs night in Week 15. In Week 13, the scheduled Sun night game is 49ers-Seahawks. That will game will be flexed out, you can count on it. The Chargers are at the Bengals and the Ravens are at the Steelers that Sunday and right now they look like the two best games of the week. If they flex the Chargers-Bengals, it will mean the Bolts will not be playing a 10 a.m. game in Cincinnati in December (Freezer Bowl). The Chargers do have another 10 a.m. game in December (12/26) but it's in Houston.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

That is the question.

Started to address that one simple question and all of a sudden three paragraphs later (deleted) still had no answer.

Don’t think analytics work alone, without pads on the field during preparation week. Chargers got lit up and I mean lit up all three phases of the game with Ravens. Last year the Patriots buried them 45-0. Both those teams thrive off of special teams the Chargers Achilles heel. So let’s hope like hell Chargers special teams gets its act together or it’s going to be another brutal Sunday….. analytic game or two safety high.
            Do the same thing, expect the same result.

It’s on Staley to not do the same thing.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The Chargers are scheduled to host the Steelers on Sun night in Week 11. The Chargers also host the Chiefs on Thurs night in Week 15. In Week 13, the scheduled Sun night game is 49ers-Seahawks. That will game will be flexed out, you can count on it. The Chargers are at the Bengals and the Ravens are at the Steelers that Sunday and right now they look like the two best games of the week. If they flex the Chargers-Bengals, it will mean the Bolts will not be playing a 10 a.m. game in Cincinnati in December (Freezer Bowl). The Chargers do have another 10 a.m. game in December (12/26) but it's in Houston.
              Well, the Steelers/Ravens game is already marked as the featured game in the CBS double feature, so it won't be flexed. The Chargers/Bengals game is scheduled to be on Fox, so you are probably right, if both teams stay hot, it probably will get flexed to SNF

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Well, the Steelers/Ravens game is already marked as the featured game in the CBS double feature, so it won't be flexed. The Chargers/Bengals game is scheduled to be on Fox, so you are probably right, if both teams stay hot, it probably will get flexed to SNF
                That is great! That game could be the battle for the No. 1 seed in the AFC too. It will just be nice if they can avoid a 10 am game in Ohio in December. I wonder if the Bengals would protest, knowing the advantage it gives them to play at 10 am PST in a cold open air stadium against a West Coast team that plays in a roofed stadium.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

That is great! That game could be the battle for the No. 1 seed in the AFC too. It will just be nice if they can avoid a 10 am game in Ohio in December. I wonder if the Bengals would protest, knowing the advantage it gives them to play at 10 am PST in a cold open air stadium against a West Coast team that plays in a roofed stadium.
                  Well, it does change the game to 8:15pm eastern, probably would be colder.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Arlington, TX
                    • Send PM

I've got tickets to this one for my son and I and I'm hoping it doesn't get flexed (it shouldn't because it's the Texans) because our plan is to drive down from DFW (Arlington) to Houston (4 hours) before the game and then drive back afterwards.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Premature talk about flexing the Chargers into Sunday night.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Make him think we are cover 1 then have either DJ or Campbell run out late to cover the other half of the field then boom! INT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post

I've got tickets to this one for my son and I and I'm hoping it doesn't get flexed (it shouldn't because it's the Texans) because our plan is to drive down from DFW (Arlington) to Houston (4 hours) before the game and then drive back afterwards.
                          You are safe. Nobody is flexing a Houston game this year. They are horrible. The only game on right now in SD is the LAR/HOU game - its unwatchable.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X