• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Hopefully we won’t see Pips and Norton at the same time. Otherwise Staley will need two TEs to chip and we’ll be left with less receivers.
    If Pips and Norton are in at the same time, hope the special teams pins the WFT back and Bosa and crew get turnovers.

Hope and pray!

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I don’t think it’s possible to ever build up the reserves. It almost seems impossible to keep the front lines built up, especially around here.
      Exactly. Seems we’re plugging gaps every year for players that leave

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

That Telesco FINALLY-- after years of neglect-- addressed the O-line in the offseason with Linsley, Slater, Oboushi and Feiler, plus drafting Jaimes, I'm not inclined to accuse Telesco of Not Doing Enough for the O-line. It still needs more, sure... But maybe the only other realistic option would've been to spend the 2nd round pick on the best OT prospect on the board, instead of Asante Samuel, Jr.

Based off everything we know of Samuel, Jr. so far... I'm glad the Bolts have him. He'll be an instant starter, whereas an OT drafted at the spot would at best be an off-the-bench backup plan. Not unimportant... just not the same value and priority as a starting CB.

Not absolutely everything gets fixed in ONE offseason.
        I agree you cannot build the whole team in one off-season so that is why I still would have focused one more Day 3 pick (so Palmer or McKitty) on OL. I do understand have to build an entire roster as well. But the glass is empty when it comes to my optimism about the Chargers OLine until the produce

Same with Special Teams and the Kicker - prove me wrong players and coaches

Vizcaino has to hit 85% of his field goals and have 95+% of his kickoffs as touch backs. My guess, the Chargers were bottom 10% in each of those categories last year. They need to improve one if not both

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree you cannot build the whole team in one off-season so that is why I still would have focused one more Day 3 pick (so Palmer or McKitty) on OL. I do understand have to build an entire roster as well. But the glass is empty when it comes to my optimism about the Chargers OLine until the produce

Same with Special Teams and the Kicker

Vizcaino has to hit 85% of his field goals and have 95+% of his kickoffs as touch backs. My guess, the Chargers were bottom 10% in each of those categories last year. They need to improve one if not both
          I would have gone on OL with one of the third round picks as well. But then you have to deal with the BPA vs PON argument again.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

TT has drafted the fuck out of the OL, take a look at his drafts. Players don’t work out too well sometimes, ask Detroit how Sewell is doing. Maybe this coaching regime has better input (and we get a little lucky..). Slater looks like a stud so far, Jaimes too, as opposed to Lamp and Feeney and Fluker and..

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I don’t think it’s possible to ever build up the reserves. It almost seems impossible to keep the front lines built up, especially around here.
              We don’t have too many UFA coming in 2022.
              We do have a ton of salary Cap space to sign our internal FA and to be active in the external FA market.
              We do currently have 11 - 2022 probable draft picks to reinforce our roster.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Pips and Norton are in at the same time, hope the special teams pins the WFT back and Bosa and crew get turnovers.

Hope and pray!
                Which teams won’t be praying if both starting OT are out? None!
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I would have gone on OL with one of the third round picks as well. But then you have to deal with the BPA vs PON argument again.
                  True - you just have to hope that the board was so overwhelming for Palmer and McKitty. Though it does seem Palmer is more polished than McKitty at this point. Than again, not drafting for this year - with Cook, that gives McKitty a year to learn.

I have been bullish on the Chargers many years, I am usually pretty optimistic. Staley has been impressive. But Sunday is by no means the finished product but I am interested to see how things look when the whistle blows - does Staley pucker up ; do the ST still suck; will Chase Young be a human wrecking ball.

I want to think the Chargers can get to 11 wins but prove it to me.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

For people who aren't on Twitter, here is the direct link to the video in the tweet posted by Xenos:

If you're a Chargers fan, you've heard this before: this year is your year. Well, rest assured, The Athletic's Senior NFL Writer Sheil Kapadia is here to tel...

Why the Chargers are the NFL's Sleeper with Sheil Kapadia

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      For people who aren't on Twitter, here is the direct link to the video in the tweet posted by Xenos:

If you're a Chargers fan, you've heard this before: this year is your year. Well, rest assured, The Athletic's Senior NFL Writer Sheil Kapadia is here to tel...

Why the Chargers are the NFL's Sleeper with Sheil Kapadia
                      Thanks for posting the video. I like the coverage the Athletic gives as two things
                      1) the reporters are reporters - a guy like Popper does his home work
                      2) the analysts truly are good at what they do. Listening to ESPN and NFLN - how many "personalities" they have that talk football that are not that good. I don't care if they are an ex-player or now supposed reporter but not many are good

Good review by Sheil

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                        San Diego Native
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Farmington, NM
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

This is a very real possibility.
                        Moving to probability.
                        What should Staley's adjustment be?
                        It may be time for the ole' Ball Breaker from the Longest Yard...

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Hope and pray!
                          my assumption is that if one or both of those guys are in game, we will play 2 TE's and at least Chip the edge rushers to give Pip and/or Norton a chance..... or other means top help them out.....

Comment

Working...
                          X