• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Do you think the new coaching staff who are familiar with some free agent O-line has any impact on who Chargers may attempt to sign?, like a Villanueva-OT or a Jackson-OG
    ​​​​​​
    I wonder that and I agree and not just OL. I mean, a lot of names I have mentioned in free agency is because there is a familiarity with that player plus that team also has cap issues and might not be able to bring everybody back. I just don't mean in terms of on the the field but off the field as well. ARe they good in the locker room or a pain in the butt to deal with

Villanueva and Matt Feiler: Sarret
    Gabe Jackson: Smith
    Nick Easton: Lombardi

from the Rams: Floyd, JJ3, Blythe, Troy Hill , Morgan Fox or Brockers from the DLine, Everett at TE - STaley knows them all and assistants like Swinton and Day scouted them hard
    Linsley: played with Bulaga and Coach Kuger

Now other guys mentioned for OL like Feliciano, Nick Martin - may not have the connections. But it can't hurt to have true inside knowledge on these players.

For SPecial TEams - I am hoping Swinton and Staley have some "ringers" they have coached in the past they can bring in. Its really a clean slate with this coaching staff - I expect there to be a decent amount of turnover more so than if Lynn were back.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Gabe Jackson for IOL?
      What about Gabe Jackson spells ZBS? He is big and slow.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

TT says Hunter Henry is an example of "something we've done right" in drafting and developing a player and they want to hold onto him but "in the salary cap era" and with a reduced cap this year it's "not always possible".

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          TT says Hunter Henry is an example of "something we've done right" in drafting and developing a player and they want to hold onto him but "in the salary cap era" and with a reduced cap this year it's "not always possible".
          I think the Chargers have the cap space - its just can they come to an agreement. Hunter might be wanting closer to KelceKittle and the BOlts want to pay closer to Austin Hooper.

At worst Telesco should be working the phones for a possible tag/trade scenario. Would rather do that than hope for a comp pick.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

He's gone, Jim.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He's gone, Jim.
              The Chargers have decisions on the following players
              Hunter Henry
              Mike Williams
              Michael Davis
              Rayshawn Jenkins
              Trai Turner
              Casey Hayward
              Linval Joseph
              Chris Harris

In total - -one would think losing all those players would be a lot of turnover. But one by one, I can see why each will or won't be back. I hope Henry and Davis are back. The rest if you can find better players for cheaper or the same current cap hit - do whatever the bleep needs to be done.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wonder if the same holds true for Thuney also, on the inside...
                Brown stonewalled Joey in the playoff route, yet another one year wonder to earn the next contract.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Not sure what that means but if it means they dont think they can keep him, then id speculate that they plan on keeping others that some posters think should be gone....such as Hayward, Turner, Harris.

And this is just speculation as id think HH is one they would surely want to keep. I said i think we will be surprised and that would surely be one of them.

Come on FA'cy!

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure what that means but if it means they dont think they can keep him, then id speculate that they plan on keeping others that some posters think should be gone....such as Hayward, Turner, Harris.

And this is just speculation as id think HH is one they would surely want to keep. I said i think we will be surprised and that would surely be one of them.

Come on FA'cy!
                    I don't think he really means anything by it. They are in the middle of negotiating. At the most, it might say that the Chargers are unwilling to use a second franchise tag on him, but I'm not even sure I would read that much into it.

He basically said, "Henry is good. We'd like to get him back at the right price. We don't know if we will agree what the right price is." He's not going to say they will do anything it takes to resign Henry long term because that gives Henry leverage. He's not going to say he's gone if they still plan to go after him. Unless a deal was imminent, I don't think he was going to say anything else.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers have decisions on the following players
                      Hunter Henry - KEEP
                      Mike Williams - LET HIM GO--TOO EXPENSIVE AND NOT MUCH ROI DUE TO INJURIES
                      Michael Davis - KEEP
                      Rayshawn Jenkins - KEEP, IF HE FITS STALEY'S SCHEME AND CAN GET COACHED UP ON IMPROVING TACKLING
                      Trai Turner - LET HIM GO - EXPENSIVE, NOT THAT EFFECTIVE, INJURY RISK
                      Casey Hayward - LET HIM GO - NOT ONLY HAS LOST A STEP, HE'S LOST TWO STEPS
                      Linval Joseph - KEEP IF HE FITS SCHEME
                      Chris Harris - VERY INCONSISTENT - ONLY KEEP FOR DEPTH OR IF HE FITS SCHEME

In total - -one would think losing all those players would be a lot of turnover. But one by one, I can see why each will or won't be back. I hope Henry and Davis are back. The rest if you can find better players for cheaper or the same current cap hit - do whatever the bleep needs to be done.
                      There u go...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Come on FA'cy!
                        I think they will find a way to keep him and at worst will franchise tag him. Granted, that franchise will be 12.7m - well above the current franchise tags just releaesd.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There u go...
                          I agree with your write up actually. And I only mention a guy like Linval Joseph more from a scheme perspective than anything. HIs salary is fine at 7.5m. But if there is a better scheme fit - open to it for the team. And I am not sure they will find a better FS than Jenkins - but again, open to Staleys input on him as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X