Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I wonder how a player like Owusu-Koramoah would fit in his scheme. Where would he play? The guy has same size and speed as Derwin.

I have a bit of a fetish for players like him. The NFL is supposedly moving towards "position-less" defense. J.O.K. seems to be all that.
    My dark horse pick at #13, if Sewell, Slater, Farley, Surtain, and Parsons are gone. He will be an impact defender at the next level, and a great addition to the Staley defense...especially if Tranquil's injury woes continue, in which case he, as luxury add, suddenly fills a huge need. Staley likes LBs who can run...in sub packages, you don't need a 5th DB to replace a LB...he is both. Moveable piece.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Curious why you'd say that? I'm guessing you don't think Farley could play slot?
      Won't say he can't, but Farley hasn't played slot and pretty much just stayed at LCB. Horn, both sides and in the slot and did it well and no injury in college.
      I think all three are very close so I'm nit picking. Surtain the the slowest of the three to nitpick further but the other two are fast.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post

So who would be CB1, if we use our #13 on a LT?
        MD43.
        Several CB on day 2 that may be there. Stokes, Melinfonwu, Joseph, Newsome, Wade, Molden, Vincent Jr, Samuel Jr., Campbell, Robinson.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• BoltingUP
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Send PM

Not what I want, but what positions I think TT takes in the first 4 rounds of the draft

1 Best player on his board (we can only hope its an OL, but be prepared for Pitts/Waddle)
          2. OT (if BPA was not an OT)
          3a. CB
          3b. OL
          4 Safety (one that can play multiple positions)

Best player Available with #1 pick was the philosophy he brought from the Colts. TT has talked about the importance of doing this many times.

Comment

• BoltingUP
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            MD43.
            Several CB on day 2 that may be there. Stokes, Melinfonwu, Joseph, Newsome, Wade, Molden, Vincent Jr, Samuel Jr., Campbell, Robinson.
            I wish Stokes would be there...he ran a 4.25 on his pro day and CBs go much higher than mocks predict. I think he is an easy 1st round pick.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

I wish Stokes would be there...he ran a 4.25 on his pro day and CBs go much higher than mocks predict. I think he is an easy 1st round pick.
              Eric is my CB3 top 20 prospect but all depends on how teams rank them.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

:shrug:

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

Yeah, I didn't see receiver as a problem position last year. It's not like Herbie couldn't get the ball to anybody, or there were a lot of dropped passes (bad timing on a couple)...

I think we should go BPA at a position of need (LT, CB, EDGE), and this could be my lack of expertise showing, but given the state of the secondary last year, and the Oline since 100 years ago, AND because the draft is a crapshoot, even in the first round, I'd be doubling down/covering my bets as much as possible in FA.

we were given one of the greatest gifts a team can hope for in last year's draft... I'd hate for it to be my job, and fall short, knowing I could have done more.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

The Chargers still need at least four new starters: free safety, outside cornerback, guard and left tackle. Seems like at least two of these have to come from free agency, even if they're just one-season stopgaps until a drafted rookie is ready. I hope they're not planning on Adderley at FS because he didn't look nearly ready last season (and Popper says that Staley's defense relies on three safeties anyway). So this is just to say that I hope they have a solid plan to bring another couple of meaningful players on board.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      :shrug:

He just needs to stay healthy. There’s probably a way to minimize the way he lands and its impact.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He just needs to stay healthy. There’s probably a way to minimize the way he lands and its impact.
                        That stat was misleading and favored MW more. Golladay was way more productive than MW with multiple 1,000 yard season and more receptions.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X