• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    The Chargers still need at least four new starters: free safety, outside cornerback, guard and left tackle. Seems like at least two of these have to come from free agency, even if they're just one-season stopgaps until a drafted rookie is ready. I hope they're not planning on Adderley at FS because he didn't look nearly ready last season (and Popper says that Staley's defense relies on three safeties anyway). So this is just to say that I hope they have a solid plan to bring another couple of meaningful players on board.
    I'm not worried. I think they go LT and CB in the draft - as they should. I don't know if they need a starting FS or G. I definitely would get another body at CB, FS, and maybe G, but I don't know that you need to. I also don't think it needs to be addressed immediately. I may not be reading OTC properly, but it appears that 17 teams have less than $7 million in cap space remaining. That's about what it would take to sign their draft picks. I could be wrong that the numbers already include draft pick signings, but I don't think they do. There will be some restructurings, but there will be a lot of June 1st cuts. I think Guard and Safety will be some positions that will be available.

I do think DT and Edge could be positions where it would not hurt to add some bodies.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      The Chargers still need at least four new starters: free safety, outside cornerback, guard and left tackle. Seems like at least two of these have to come from free agency, even if they're just one-season stopgaps until a drafted rookie is ready. I hope they're not planning on Adderley at FS because he didn't look nearly ready last season (and Popper says that Staley's defense relies on three safeties anyway). So this is just to say that I hope they have a solid plan to bring another couple of meaningful players on board.
      Agree - I also think the Chargers need back QB, and two players for special teams. Maybe Gilman steps up but I am thinking a LB that can also be depth there like Vigil and a gunner type - was hoping for Trent Sherfield but he went to the 49ers (thought with Swintons connection to Sherfield that was an easy fit)

QB: Matt Barkley, Chase Daniels or Alex Smith -- its pick your price point but not sure they should trust Stick. Barkley the cheapest --

FS/CB: I think a veteran should be signed before the draft, go to the draft and if post draft still need somebody. Allen would be a FS option

OT: like QB you have your price points - - Tevi, Kelly, Wagner or Valenzuela. I like Kelly from this group but even Tevi with a better OG next to him - could be a post draft signing too

Front 7: Rochelle, Square Ingram, Perryman, and Vigil -- probably some cheap vet signings like Todd Davis (special teamer), Dunlap or Kerrigan and the draft will be big

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I'm not worried. I think they go LT and CB in the draft - as they should. I don't know if they need a starting FS or G. I definitely would get another body at CB, FS, and maybe G, but I don't know that you need to. I also don't think it needs to be addressed immediately. I may not be reading OTC properly, but it appears that 17 teams have less than $7 million in cap space remaining. That's about what it would take to sign their draft picks. I could be wrong that the numbers already include draft pick signings, but I don't think they do. There will be some restructurings, but there will be a lot of June 1st cuts. I think Guard and Safety will be some positions that will be available.

I do think DT and Edge could be positions where it would not hurt to add some bodies.
        June 1 cuts that happen post June 1 really do not happen anymore - they can cut the player now and classify them as a June 1 release. There could still be surprise players cut or released though like Fuller was

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Ninja you see Adebo as a day 2 guy? I feel he’s one of the more underrated CBs in the class.
          I’m going to rewatch some tape on Adebo His TOR issues and closing burst were big issues for me.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Fuller signs a one year contract with the Broncos.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Urban Meyer dont like the Free Agency situtation...lol. Yep this isnt college Urban, no recruiting allowed and sit and talk with these guys. He wont last long

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Damn, I didn't realize Villanueva allowed the fourth-most pressures of any qualified tackle (43)

Tevi had 33

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post
                  Damn, I didn't realize Villanueva allowed the fourth-most pressures of any qualified tackle (43)
                  Considering the qb play behind him, it’s understandable
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Considering the qb play behind him, it’s understandable
                    Definitely a factor, but Feiler only had 17. Different positions I realize. Starting to wonder a little if he would actually be much of an upgrade over Tevi, especially if he's able to step up his game another notch

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Definitely a factor, but Feiler only had 17. Different positions I realize. Starting to wonder a little if he would actually be much of an upgrade over Tevi, especially if he's able to step up his game another notch

There was a chart somewhere that took run & pass grades for OTs.

Tevi was at the bottom, only slightly above him was Villa.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Urban Meyer dont like the Free Agency situtation...lol. Yep this isnt college Urban, no recruiting allowed and sit and talk with these guys. He wont last long

Its not like Ohio State or Florida, where top college programs can just outspend their little sisters for blue chippers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Im not real thrilled to sign Villanueva. Id rather resign Tevi as a backup or have Pipkins as the backup and draft a LT in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                          X