• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The league wanted to press on last year because of money.

When i say fans didnt care......i mean they wanted to see football. I thought the season would be cancelled. I mean its stupid to have players wear masks on the sidelines and fine coaches who didnt wear them corrrectly then have players on the field face to face tackling each other lol. Its hypocritical,,,.....Yes, even though i wanted to see football as well.

And there was no vaccine available then but now you call the players selfish. Hmm. Are the players that opted out last year selfish?

Im just sayin. I think everybody should get vacinnated but its their choice. If you dont, keep wearing your mask or dont play this year either.
    its not surprising to me that the Broncos are league leaders in player vaccinations with 95% vaccinated. The league could not move any more games last season and they had to play a game with no QB. I’d much rather get the vax than have to be tested every day and restricted from doing anything on the road which is what players without the vax are facing. So yes do it for the team if not yourself. As for the players who sat out last season I didn’t view that as selfish.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

its not surprising to me that the Broncos are league leaders in player vaccinations with 95% vaccinated. The league could not move any more games last season and they had to play a game with no QB. I’d much rather get the vax than have to be tested every day and restricted from doing anything on the road which is what players without the vax are facing. So yes do it for the team if not yourself. As for the players who sat out last season I didn’t view that as selfish.
      Me neither. It would only be weird if they continue to want to opt out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Memory lane.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I would rather get vaccinated than get swabbed up in the nostrils every single day or wear a mask. That’s why I didn’t think twice when it was my turn to get one.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Damn. Haven't really been keeping an eye on things. The covid/vaccine discussion always causes the same issues. I dont know where it all begins. I have asked to just let it go. But here you guys are talking about it. Its still kind of political. Sifting through this thread and moving posts will be a pain in the ass.

So just stop it. Let the players and league deal with vaccines. I dont want to hear personal opinions on them. Wether you support them or not. Wether they work or not. You guys cant discuss it without your personal beliefs getting into it. This is how the flame wars start. Its not really a football issue. Its a health issue. Every team is dealing with it.

This is an important thread. And ill lock it if i have to. And start a new camp thread. Just stick with non vaccine football discussion. And wait and see how it plays out.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

This is an important thread. And ill lock it if i have to. And start a new camp thread. Just stick with non vaccine football discussion. And wait and see how it plays out.
              I'll translate for the less cognitively sharp:

Dad just showed up with a belt, insisting we keep the noise down in the rumpus room, and he means it. We better take him seriously.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Anyone planning on attending any of the TCs open to fans? Always love the reports from those that attend.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Memory lane.

Memory lane.
                  Those were fun times.

Gary Garrison may be the most overlooked player in the Charger's history. The guy was a great WR but playing next to Alworth, people hardly noticed how great he was.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Those were fun times.

Gary Garrison may be the most overlooked player in the Charger's history. The guy was a great WR but playing next to Alworth, people hardly noticed how great he was.

Yes 'Roo !

Gary Garrison, the former SDSU Aztec, was my first Charger fav.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Yes 'Roo !

Gary Garrison, the former SDSU Aztec, was my first Charger fav.
                      The Ghost

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

9 more days!
                        awesome chris geere GIF by You're The Worst

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'll translate for the less cognitively sharp:

Dad just showed up with a belt, insisting we keep the noise down in the rumpus room, and he means it. We better take him seriously.
                          Its been pretty tame by the looks of it. These things usually go full blown political. I think most here know the effect those types of battles have on me. I go full blown Warlock. And i appreciate the tone being civil.

Moderating a full blown "NO Politics" ban is really difficult. The line has to be drawn and enforced. But some topics can sort of easily cross over the line and look like they are not political. But lets face it...we have the pro vaccine and anti vaccine tribes. And most of them can be traced back to a political party. The virus from the beginning has been a big political talking point. And many will use its seemingly harmless discussion possibilities as a trojan horse for sharing there political message. And i cant tell you how many have thanked me for the ban. So i have to play Dad with the belt sometimes. lol

Carry on.....

Comment

Working...
                          X