Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Some hypothetical trade ideas that Popper is spitballing.

High picks for old mostly banged up vets? Sounds like a great idea.
    - Wouldn’t all of F. Cox’s unaccounted for signing bonus, about $40M, have to go on the Eagles’ books within 2 years?
    Trading any draft capital for the old injured vets is no different than expected Bulaga to play, stay on the field, and make an impact.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

- Wouldn’t all of F. Cox’s unaccounted for signing bonus, about $40M, have to go on the Eagles’ books within 2 years?
      Trading any draft capital for the old injured vets is no different than expected Bulaga to play, stay on the field, and make an impact.
      Right on ninja.
      Hicks wants to stay in Chicago.
      There's that too.
      Did not everyone see the look on StaleyD's face yesterday,
      while he was answering questions and sipping on coffee ?
      There is work to do.
      We have a team.
      What we have is what we get.
      Play better.
      Coach better.
      Get healthier.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Right on ninja.
        There's that too.
        There is work to do.
        We have a team.
        Play better.
        Coach better.
        Get healthier.
        Top of the list Draft better.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

There’s a trade off to a lot of what he’s throwing out there. But I think he’s mainly looking at guys that would not cost high draft picks. Mostly 4th and lower. I wonder if we can pry Brocker from the Lions even though they just traded for him this past offseason.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Unlike years past with Rivers we felt our window of opportunity was a narrow window, well we have a franchise QB, and a franchise LT and we are in year one of a bright an upcoming coach I wouldn't burn high draft picks and taking on any high salary as result of a trade. I am setting back with expectation we make the playoffs where anything can happen like Coach Staley said when you have a franchise QB, you go in feeling you have a chance to win any game.

Roll with what we have this year unless a user friendly trade comes our way we can retool next year without mortgaging the future.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

If Andre Dillard can play RT or RG I would be willing to take a flier on him. Rookie contract, high upside.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

First, I agree about the Cox cap hit - I have $39m immediately going as a dead cap - granted maybe that hits next year - but still, thats more than his current expected cap hit of $14m next year
                by $25 which the EAgles would have to account for

But back to Hicks - I get it would be losing some cap space but not sure if the draft pick is a 6th or 7th - how it would be a bad trade. I am not giving up a 4th or something for the guy. And the contract is nothing like Bulaga in that its just this year.

Granted, it doesn't solve the longer term issue that TElesco will need to fix but for 11 games, if he wants to play for the Chargers - it seems better than Merrill or Fehoko to me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

There’s a trade off to a lot of what he’s throwing out there. But I think he’s mainly looking at guys that would not cost high draft picks. Mostly 4th and lower. I wonder if we can pry Brocker from the Lions even though they just traded for him this past offseason.
                  If the Chargers gave anything higher than a Cond'l 5th for Hicks (meaning if they make the playoffs the BEars get a 5th, otherwise its a 6th) - the Chargers would be stupid. SO I agree with your premise that is very low risk players being looked at from a draft pick cost. Its only using cap space.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

On a bye week, this is the time to make a move to get that player acclimated some to the defense. If no move real soon, id say we dont make any.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Clary was a decent RT who held down that spot for years for the Chargers and for some reason some Chargers fans blamed him for everything. He was never as bad as his his haters made him out to be. But even his haters grew to admire him, and even pined for him, after DJ Fluker took over at RT.
                      Jeromy "False Start" Clary was just as bad as fans remember him. Hardwick, Deilman, McNeil, and the one that got away Vasquez were the only starter quality players. Everyone else from that era was backup on any other team.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Right on ninja.
                        There's that too.
                        There is work to do.
                        We have a team.
                        Play better.
                        Coach better.
                        Get healthier.
                        Yeah I saw his face. Looked like a deer in the headlights. It’s admirable that he takes the blame for the run defense failures saying it’s a matter of technique and he’s not coaching well but now that they pulled off the Vizcaino scab it’s pretty clear that what Staley says in his press conferences is not exactly reliable. Remember he kept saying how much confidence they had in Viz right until they sliced off his head. He knows (or must know) that he doesn’t have the horse on the d line or Lb core. He should be pounding on TTs desk.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Vic Fangio a d John Elway stole a guy right in our backyard from the Rams. A guy we could use

Comment

Working...
                          X