• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Herbert has had some of his best games under the lights in Prime Time, the Saints last season when he threw four TDs, the win over the Raiders earlier this season and last Sunday's game v Pittsburgh. Plus, I would much rather have them play in the evening than at 10 a.m. PST on a cold December day. Wouldn't you?
    Dont matter to me. I dont think the temp will differ much from 10 am to 5 PM if they are in a colder city. In fact it should get colder as the game goes on if it starts at 5PM and warm up some after 10 AM so not sure of your logic there.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

I'm interested in the media business; it was my first career out of college, where I got a BA in journalism. This story about the Athletic was published yesterday; it's interesting and explains the state of the sports media industry right now. One thing I do appreciate about the Athletic is provided jobs to reporters getting laid off by newspapers. Daniel Popper had been a sports reporter for the NY Daily News when he went to work for the Athletic three years ago. I subscribe to a handful of news organizations to get their content and to support them. But none of them are sports related; for me personally I'd rather invest my money in journalism that is vital to our society and the nation. Sports to me is entertainment and there is so much sports content on the Web, some of it lousy but plenty that is quite good, I personally am not motivated to pay for it.

I don’t mind supporting something like The Athletic if the price is reasonable and the content is good even if it’s primarily entertainment. Obviously I would pay more for things that have a higher importance in life. Additionally, like you already said, it’s good knowing that writers like Popper have a job.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont matter to me. I dont think the temp will differ much from 10 am to 5 PM if they are in a colder city. In fact it should get colder as the game goes on if it starts at 5PM and warm up some after 10 AM so not sure of your logic there.
        Avoiding a 10 am start in an Eastern city is always preferable. That is unassailable logic if you ask me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

for fans not in socal, it means watching the game at home with volume available, rather than trying to find a seat at a crowded sports bar at 10am to watch the game with no volume (because some other game is hogging the volume).
          Good point there. I didnt like going to sport bars back in the day and im not in socal either. I just use a stream service in my FireTV box, and dont have cable.
          Its delayed anywhere from 15-30 seconds sometimes and see things in the game thread before i see on TV but thats not a big deal. I just dont pay all my attention to the game thread.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

One game at a time. Just win.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good point there. I didnt like going to sport bars back in the day and im not in socal either. I just use a stream service in my FireTV box, and dont have cable.
              Its delayed anywhere from 15-30 seconds sometimes and see things in the game thread before i see on TV but thats not a big deal. I just dont pay all my attention to the game thread.
              i have been waiting for the NFL sunday ticket to come to cable - and i'm still waiting.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Herbert has had some of his best games under the lights in Prime Time, the Saints last season when he threw four TDs, the win over the Raiders earlier this season and last Sunday's game v Pittsburgh. Plus, I would much rather have them play in the evening than at 10 a.m. PST on a cold December day. Wouldn't you?
                That’s it really. The team seems to like the bright lights. They came out very strong against both the Raiders and Pitt

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i have been waiting for the NFL sunday ticket to come to cable - and i'm still waiting.
                  I have read that maybe in 2023 - Sunday Ticket will go to ESPN+ or another streaming service. In addition to Sunday Ticket

I truly just wish I could a la carte NFL Sunday Ticket. Meaning pick the Chargers games and 6-8 for the rest of the year. Or pay for the AFCWest and than pick 6-8 games the rest of the year. Or whatever - but more than all or nothing. As many times, I am not watching very many of the games - they just aren't interesting.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have read that maybe in 2023 - Sunday Ticket will go to ESPN+ or another streaming service. In addition to Sunday Ticket

I truly just wish I could a la carte NFL Sunday Ticket. Meaning pick the Chargers games and 6-8 for the rest of the year. Or pay for the AFCWest and than pick 6-8 games the rest of the year. Or whatever - but more than all or nothing. As many times, I am not watching very many of the games - they just aren't interesting.
                    That is the way it **ought** to be. But how often are things the way they ought to be? For the past few years I have been able to watch any game I want to via a streaming site, whose links are often posted here. But if the games were available for pay per view, through Amazon Prime for example, I would be willing to pay to watch them, for a price that is within reason obviously. I currently watch all the Thurs night games through Amazon Prime, and they are going to take over Thurs night completely starting next season.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s it really. The team seems to like the bright lights. They came out very strong against both the Raiders and Pitt
                      I thought Herbert's best game last season was the Monday nighter in New Orleans. I think it was just his 4th start, and he put on a show, throwing for four TDs. He was doing things no QB that young and inexperienced should be able to do.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Staley - "I think that Justin, certainly, keeping his composure, I think that affected his teammates in a real positive way. As you saw, we got right back in the huddle and then scored. I think that calm is contagious. It has a real, real positive impact on our football team."

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Staley - " We had the sack on first down later in the game and they hit an 18-yarder. That bummed me out because we should have absolutely killed that route. I have to do a better job coaching. That one kind of drove me crazy."

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X