• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    Ok seriously I haven't been this excited for an upcoming season in my life. LOL! Approaching giddy level. Holy hell! :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

I mean. The freakin OC's name alone. I was aware of him as a coach that's it.

I am thinking of making a significant wager quickly for the Chargers to win Super Bowl LVI. Never made a Futures beat before. Beginners luck. :chuckle::chuckle:

If I get 12 likes I will do it.
    :toyou::what::smoking::smoking:
    And you’re at 12.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Some more context from Popper. I think it’s important to understand what Lombardi said earlier about “balance”. Key words here being “harder to throw”. I think we saw that with the Bills this past weekend and the week before when you have no semblance of a running game unfortunately.
      Popper Cherry picked his quote.

And now I shall do the same

Lombardi adds: "But, if you have no running game then it becomes harder to throw. So I think there's got to be a balance."

#youpasstoscore
      #youruntowin

:hello:
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

My favorite Lombardi comment: "Brees the Controller"and seeing him work and how he did things that he can use to coach up Justin.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Since Drew is retiring, maybe convince him to be QB coach?

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

This.

If nothing else, at least we know the QB's are in good hands and should develop nicely.

Can't understand why he didn't work out in Detroit....maybe they are cursed?
            Popper asked him about that. Lombardi said he made the mistake of just trying to do what he had seen work in New Orleans without understanding the differences in the players and his head coach in Detroit. He said he learned from that the need to be flexible and do what works not what you are used to. After listening to him, I like Lombardi. He is not as warm and fuzzy as Coach Keaton, but easy to like and seems competent.

One of the many reporters who summarized Staley's initial presser basically said he was nice but said nothing. I guess this reporter wanted to see the playbook, get out the chalkboard, and hear who would be cut and who would be resigned? Did you guys feel like Staley was all generalities and gave no idea what he was going to do?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              Didn’t Brees sign a contract to be an analyst last off season? Think he’s already got his post-playing gig lined up.

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Popper asked him about that. Lombardi said he made the mistake of just trying to do what he had seen work in New Orleans without understanding the differences in the players and his head coach in Detroit. He said he learned from that the need to be flexible and do what works not what you are used to. After listening to him, I like Lombardi. He is not as warm and fuzzy as Coach Keaton, but easy to like and seems competent.

One of the many reporters who summarized Staley's initial presser basically said he was nice but said nothing. I guess this reporter wanted to see the playbook, get out the chalkboard, and hear who would be cut and who would be resigned? Did you guys feel like Staley was all generalities and gave no idea what he was going to do?

TG
                I think Staley said what he needed to without giving away too much. He went pretty deep into team building and how he wants players to feel. Stayed away from football. There could be obvious scheme/player changes in what he's got planned. If you're going to build your team around relationships you don't want to tell the press things before the players know.

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

So if we were running some form of the WC offense last season (the Mike Shanahan version), it should not be too big a leap for Herbert to pick up the Sean Payton version of the WC offense.

The one that Brees ran.

I've always liked Sean Payton's offense.

So maybe Lombardi continues to run pieces of Mike Shanahans offense and mixes in some of Paytons offense ?

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    So if we were running some form of the WC offense last season (the Mike Shanahan version), it should not be too big a leap for Herbert to pick up the Sean Payton version of the WC offense.

The one that Brees ran.

I've always liked Sean Payton's offense.

So maybe Lombardi continues to run pieces of Mike Shanahans offense and mixes in some of Paytons offense ?
                    Absolutely. Brees was a wizard throwing to all parts of the field
                    I always thought the heir to Sean Payton would be pete carmichael with regard to the scheme. He probably still is but as a qb coach, Lombardi should know that offense inside/out.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

As a Non Saints fan this hurts me for them, lol. Poor Bastards.
                      Not me. I’ll be happy if the Chargers take Ramzcy off their hands. He can definitely be a LOT.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        For the Chargers?Not alotta love there I suspect.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Not me. I’ll be happy if the Chargers take Ramzcy off their hands. He can definitely be a LOT.
                          The Saints have some touch decisions
                          Ramzcyk
                          Lattimore
                          Hendrickson

They can't keep them all -- just from a dollars perspective
                          I wonder if there is a trade for Lattimore or Ramczyk - not the Chargers - but a team out there willing to give a draft pick if they franchise one of them

That 20017 draft by the Saints was an all-timer - top 5 in NFL history. Be nice if Telesco could nail one of those this year

Comment

Working...
                          X