How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I generally agree with what you are saying.

Brown has let it be known that he wants out. That immediately lowers his trade value.

Also, Brown allowed 3 sacks and the Ravens passed the ball less than two-thirds of the time that we did. So that would translate to a good 5+ sacks allowed. Now, I could be persuaded that some of that was Jackson holding the ball while trying to make a play and PFF certainly seems to like Brown, but Brown is not an elite option. He may be solid to good, which is much better than what we have had most of the time in recent years, but he is not elite.

And, as you noted, he will be entering the last year of his contract, so I would want him extended as part of any deal that gets made. But the offer would be no more than a second round pick by itself for Brown.

I want us to have the chance to trade back for some team wanting a QB in the first round this year, giving us their second round pick in the process. That way, if we traded for Brown as I have noted and succeeded in trading back as outlined, we would end up with a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rd round picks and Brown.

I would consider restructuring/extending Williams if possible. The other way to do it to pay him this year and let him walk next year in free agency to a high paying team. He might be worth a 4th round compensatory pick if we go light enough on our own free agency signings.
    Keeping him on his 15.6 would eat a lot of cap space. And playing the comp pick game involves a team signing him and the Chargers winning the game.

If the Chargers could use MW to get Orlando Brown - I am good with. If MW wants to lower his contract - extend him, I am good with. The one thing I wouldn't want is him playing on the 15.6 cap for one year and than Free Agent.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Keeping him on his 15.6 would eat a lot of cap space. And playing the comp pick game involves a team signing him and the Chargers winning the game.

If the Chargers could use MW to get Orlando Brown - I am good with. If MW wants to lower his contract - extend him, I am good with. The one thing I wouldn't want is him playing on the 15.6 cap for one year and than Free Agent.
      Here’s where I’m at with MW too
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

What Contract for Brown?

If we trade for Brown sign GB center and draft LT at 13 i am happy with those changes.
        Heaven baby.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

The Ravens have no cap space. They have to let Brown go cheap or trade him cheap because he’s expensive.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            The Ravens have no cap space. They have to let Brown go cheap or trade him cheap because he’s expensive.
            Telesco...are you listening?

:beer:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I thnk the Ravens with already paying Stanley at LT and having to sign Lamar Jackson - it just probably itsn't feasible to pay both OTs big money

I go back and forth on Brown. I think today if the trade is only MW/3rd rounder - I probably do it. Otherwise, take my OT in the 1st or 2nd round and fill in the interior of the OL in free agency

Comment

• therber219
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2017
                • Iowa
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

What Contract for Brown?

If we trade for Brown sign GB center and draft LT at 13 i am happy with those changes.
                Why would you draft LT at 13 if you trade feo Brown? He already said he wants to play LT, so if you draft one, you can expect the online complaining right away...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

Why would you draft LT at 13 if you trade feo Brown? He already said he wants to play LT, so if you draft one, you can expect the online complaining right away...
                  I’d still take Vera-Tucker at 13. Play him at G in 2021 then slide him to RT to replace Bulaga in 2022. Fills an immediate need and a future one. Same could be done with Slater. We’d have killer bookend tackles for the foreseeable future.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                    I’d still take Vera-Tucker at 13. Play him at G in 2021 then slide him to RT to replace Bulaga in 2022. Fills an immediate need and a future one. Same could be done with Slater. We’d have killer bookend tackles for the foreseeable future.
                    This!

If the Chargers/Ravens were to work a deal of Mike Williams (and say the 4th or comp pick 3rd) for Orlando Brown - you can sign Brown, still have your 13th pick in Rd 1
                    that does allow you do like you said, get a like like AVT at 13 or you can even trade back, get your draft pick back and still get OG like Wyatt Davis later in the first round or possibly Darrisaw. OR even AVT later in R1

Now, I don;'t think Brown is worth the Chargers 1st RP but if you can get him and than like you said, get a player who can replace Bulaga in a year - thats doing it right!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Brown-Lamp-Feeny-AVT-Bulaga next year ?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        Brown-Lamp-Feeny-AVT-Bulaga next year ?
                        That looks great, except for the Lamp and Feeney parts.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

You can't replace all the five OL at the same time !
                          Bulaga would teach AVT to play RT.
                          Lamp or Tevi would have Brown to support them on the left side.
                          If you're not satisfied whit Feeny at C, go on the FA market.

Comment

Working...
                          X