• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I suppose if you're going to complain, offseason is better. Still, in recent Bolt history, malcontents like King, Gordon and Weddle get shipped elsewhere fairly fast...and I have a sneaking suspicion TT avoids acquiring red flag players like these whenever possible...
    Sort of like JJ watt, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, etc. etc. etc. are malcontents. I'm sorry, we need to explore every possibility to win the superbowl. It could be that a player does have a legitimate gripe with their current team due to usage and pay level.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sort of like JJ watt, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, etc. etc. etc. are malcontents. I'm sorry, we need to explore every possibility to win the superbowl. It could be that a player does have a legitimate gripe with their current team due to usage and pay level.
      Watt didnt complain. He waited til the offseason and just asked for his release. He didnt demand to be a part of HC and GM hires and then bitch because his guy Bieniemy didnt get a interview and then ask to be traded.

Thats Watson, not Watt.

Stafford didnt either. They mutually agreed to part ways. I see no problem with that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Orlando Brown is just stating he wants to get paid premium dollars and if the Ravens are not going to pay it.. not sure it makes him a malcontent. He is just letting his feelings be known. Granted, if you can get an equal player at 13 and save about $60m in the process over 5 years ... that might not be the worst way to go.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

As soon as you go public, whether on Twitter, through your agent, etc., you open a Pandora's box...it's a double-edged sword, because now you get sports reporters, forum posters, fans, etc. loudly voicing their opinions...if a player is under contract, they should QUIETLY, and PRIVATELY list their concerns...if the team decides not to re-negotiate, too bad--the player knew what he was doing when signing and he should fulfill his end of it...

...now, if a player is a FA, I still think he's better off to negotiate privately and not go public...if they work out a deal, fine, announce it AFTER the fact...if not, announce his new deal with another team, also AFTER the fact...NO GM likes to be bad-mouthed during any kind of negotiations...it has a chilling effect and usually ends up hurting the player more than helping...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Orlando Brown is just stating he wants to get paid premium dollars and if the Ravens are not going to pay it.. not sure it makes him a malcontent. He is just letting his feelings be known. Granted, if you can get an equal player at 13 and save about $60m in the process over 5 years ... that might not be the worst way to go.
            Thats my guess why he says he is a LT. They get paid more but RTs arent making chicken feed either. I dont know, he isnt elite so im not giving up a top pick for him. Third rounder and Hayward/Turner who ALSO are in the last year of their deals like Brown.

Fluker is a FA and Ben Powers is the other RG who has only started 7 games.

Not offering MW.

Id probably just draft our LT @13 or trade down and draft Little, depending on the board.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats my guess why he says he is a LT. They get paid more but RTs arent making chicken feed either. I dont know, he isnt elite so im not giving up a top pick for him. Third rounder and Hayward/Turner who ALSO are in the last year of their deals like Brown.

Fluker is a FA and Ben Powers is the other RG who has only started 7 games.

Not offering MW.

Id probably just draft our LT @13 or trade down and draft Little, depending on the board.
              The more I think about the cost of Brown , is he truly an elite LT? and the cost to not only in trade value but having to pay him - I think taking OT at 13 makes the most sense too.

The Ravens wouldn't take Turner or Hayward - not much value for each player. The reason MW is mentioned is he has possible value plus you can use his cap space for Brown. But if you keep MW AND pick OT at 13 -you are probably ahead of the game over just having Brown

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Brown worries me considering how he showed up at the combine and now demanding to play LT for the payday. Could be another Turner, I will pass on him especially considering AVT and Little or another good prospect will be there with the top two picks.
                All the FA centers seem more trust worthy to me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The more I think about the cost of Brown , is he truly an elite LT? and the cost to not only in trade value but having to pay him - I think taking OT at 13 makes the most sense too.

The Ravens wouldn't take Turner or Hayward - not much value for each player. The reason MW is mentioned is he has possible value plus you can use his cap space for Brown. But if you keep MW AND pick OT at 13 -you are probably ahead of the game over just having Brown
                  And thats fine. Im just putting my foot in the mix. If not interested im moving on. Ive no interest in trading a first rounder nor trading MW for him when im in a good spot to get a LT. Hec even trading down to 20-25, id probably still get Cosmi so im not worried about it if LT is the main target for them. Id hate to pass on other good players but TT i think has his job in a bit of jeapardy and knows he has to make the OL better.

When he addressed the media i sensed a bit of nervousness when he was saying the OL needs addressing and he has to be better. I would NOT have taken the chance on Bulaga who had a history of being hurt. He just happened to come off one of his rare 16 game seasons.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

As soon as you go public, whether on Twitter, through your agent, etc., you open a Pandora's box...it's a double-edged sword, because now you get sports reporters, forum posters, fans, etc. loudly voicing their opinions...if a player is under contract, they should QUIETLY, and PRIVATELY list their concerns...if the team decides not to re-negotiate, too bad--the player knew what he was doing when signing and he should fulfill his end of it...

...now, if a player is a FA, I still think he's better off to negotiate privately and not go public...if they work out a deal, fine, announce it AFTER the fact...if not, announce his new deal with another team, also AFTER the fact...NO GM likes to be bad-mouthed during any kind of negotiations...it has a chilling effect and usually ends up hurting the player more than helping...
                    Sorry, the NFL has one of the most restrictive Player systems in any professional sport. Sometimes your forced to sign a contract because "You have no other choice at the time!" We don't see eye to eye here. We had the 32nd ranked offensive line and That's dead last in the NFL...how about some accountability on the part of management and being proactive in fixing this problem. Ten years of stupidity and I'm airing out my discontent just like Stafford and JJ Watt after 10 years. YOLO man, YOLO! Sign competent players instead of pissing around with "oh he shouldn't do this or do that!" Get it done like Tom Brady!

:coffee:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

And thats fine. Im just putting my foot in the mix. If not interested im moving on. Ive no interest in trading a first rounder nor trading MW for him when im in a good spot to get a LT. Hec even trading down to 20-25, id probably still get Cosmi so im not worried about it if LT is the main target for them. Id hate to pass on other good players but TT i think has his job in a bit of jeapardy and knows he has to make the OL better.

When he addressed the media i sensed a bit of nervousness when he was saying the OL needs addressing and he has to be better. I would NOT have taken the chance on Bulaga who had a history of being hurt. He just happened to come off one of his rare 16 game seasons.
                      good point about Bulaga. - he has a guarantee of 7.5m so Bulaga is not going anywhere but Telesco might want to think of a RT in maybe Round 5 of this draft or hope Pip gets better as 2022 - RT will probably be a need

I like the idea of Cosmi , Darrisaw, Eichenberg - if Telesco is worried about value not at 13 - maybe he can do something for the first time, trade back!

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Watt didnt complain. He waited til the offseason and just asked for his release. He didnt demand to be a part of HC and GM hires and then bitch because his guy Bieniemy didnt get a interview and then ask to be traded.

Thats Watson, not Watt.

Stafford didnt either. They mutually agreed to part ways. I see no problem with that.
                        I don’t think you understand the Watson situation. I followed it closely as well as talked to some knowledgeable Texan fans. It’s completely the FO fault especially Cal McNair and Jack Easterby.

For example, Watson never demanded to have a say. McNair actually went out of his way to tell Watson that he would have the say, and that Easterby would not be involved in the new GM and HC search. And then McNair obviously backslide badly. It was simply the straw that broke the camel’s back. And is also the reason that Watt is leaving.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t think you understand the Watson situation. I followed it closely as well as talked to some knowledgeable Texan fans. It’s completely the FO fault especially Cal McNair and Jack Easterby.

For example, Watson never demanded to have a say. McNair actually went out of his way to tell Watson that he would have the say, and that Easterby would not be involved in the new GM and HC search. And then McNair obviously backslide badly. It was simply the straw that broke the camel’s back. And is also the reason that Watt is leaving.
                          OK,.....still dont make them or Stafford a malcontent. The Texans is a shit show right now and their owner started it off by making O'Brien a GM. Is the Son now in charge? Didnt the old man die? Or is that the Titans owner who died?

Comment

Working...
                          X