• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes and the pro day times are always faster IMO. You Can add anywhere from. 05 to. 1... Somewhere in between those times as what it seemed to be compared to the combine over the years. . 05 at minimum and is what I usually add.

Im just saying they are healed up so I don't see the issue or concern with Little not playing. Many players opted out this past season
    I’ve still got Little rated pretty high. I just thought his pro day performance might elevate him to equal (or even better) than Slater. That didn’t happen, at least not for me. I’m reserving my final assessments for AVT and Darrisaw until after their pro days. As of now I see WL’s draft stock firmly between picks 20-50, which seems to be the sweet spot for 2nd tier OTs in this draft.

I’m wondering if Cincinnati’s move for Reiff makes them more likely to draft their LT of the future with their 2nd pick (maybe targeting Pits or a receiver at #5). If so, that’d increase our odds for Stater at #13.

*edit: Never mind. Looks like Reiff’s gonna be a RT. Now it seems more likely the Bengals are targeting Sewell (or Slater if Sewell’s gone). Damn.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I’ve still got Little rated pretty high. I just thought his pro day performance might elevate him to equal (or even better) than Slater. That didn’t happen, at least not for me. I’m reserving my final assessments for AVT and Darrisaw until after their pro days. As of now I see WL’s draft stock firmly between picks 20-50, which seems to be the sweet spot for 2nd tier OTs in this draft.

I’m wondering if Cincinnati’s move for Reiff makes them more likely to draft their LT of the future with their 2nd pick (maybe targeting Pits or a receiver at #5). If so, that’d increase our odds for Stater at #13.

*edit: Never mind. Looks like Reiff’s gonna be a RT. Now it seems more likely the Bengals are targeting Sewell (or Slater if Sewell’s gone). Damn.
      Darrisaws only negative to me is his lack of getting after the second level and seemingly taking plays off and i just dont know if that can be coached out of him. Otherwise he has the talent.. Ive got him ranked lower because of that but he may still go top 15.

You know everybody see's it but doesn't seem to dock him for it. Late first round is where i have him and Little just below him.

The Bengals RT last season was bad. Reiff big time helps there and i dont know if they think Jonah is a RT candidate if they get Sewell or not. Obviously one would go there if they drafted him.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Darrisaws only negative to me is his lack of getting after the second level and seemingly taking plays off and i just dont know if that can be coached out of him. Otherwise he has the talent.. Ive got him ranked lower because of that but he may still go top 15.

You know everybody see's it but doesn't seem to dock him for it. Late first round is where i have him and Little just below him.
        I get everyone’s objections about Darrisaw, and don’t get me wrong, the concerns are real.

There’s a certain type of athlete that has immense talent, but either plays up or down to their level of competition. Darrisaw is one of them. Plays his best against elite competition and his worst against scrubs. It’s not the worst thing in the world, but it needs to be addressed. Herbert was a little like that at Oregon—played his worst against teams like ASU.

I think it’s fixable. And, if I had to bet, I think Darrisaw will be a great LT, especially if he lands on an OL with a nasty attitude and a winning culture.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

I get everyone’s objections about Darrisaw, and don’t get me wrong, the concerns are real.

There’s a certain type of athlete that has immense talent, but either plays up or down to their level of competition. Darrisaw is one of them. Plays his best against elite competition and his worst against scrubs. It’s not the worst thing in the world, but it needs to be addressed. Herbert was a little like that at Oregon—played his worst against teams like ASU.

I think it’s fixable. And, if I had to bet, I think Darrisaw will be a great LT, especially if he lands on an OL with a nasty attitude and a winning culture.
          So not ours then.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

So not ours then.
            I wouldn’t be too quick to make that judgement. Bulaga, Feiler, and Linsley all come from winning cultures. Darrisaw would also benefit from veteran council/leadership.

Add a RG—maybe Warford or Easton via FA, or some stud through the draft, and that’ll be a nasty unit.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

This sounds eerily like the good ol’ Chargers team. Plays up and down their competition. Hopefully Staley and staff ends the insanity.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I can live with Darrisaw’s on field passive demeanor
                Film shows proof of physically being able to do the job
                very little questions for me physically
                I like Cosmi as highest upside but he needs development, which is risky
                I like Little but there’s risk there too about physically holding up
                With Darrisaw, he looks like he can physically do the job every week and stay healthy
                thats enough for me
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I'd bet if the Cheatriots pick Darrishaw, Belicheat will whip him into shape...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd bet if the Chargers pick Darrishaw, Staley will whip him into shape...
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      So will grizzled vets like Feiler, Linsley, and Bulaga. They ain’t gonna let anyone take plays off without getting in their ear.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I wouldn’t be too quick to make that judgement. Bulaga, Feiler, and Linsley all come from winning cultures. Darrisaw would also benefit from veteran council/leadership.
                        I think with the vets we just brought in that would be ideal to have one or two talented rookies to learn from them.

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Darrisaws only negative to me is his lack of getting after the second level and seemingly taking plays off and i just dont know if that can be coached out of him.
                          Yup. And that's a massive negative, in my book.

If he's staring forward at an upcoming draft and his first few million dollars...and still can't finish blocks...still showing mixed effort...what kind of motor resides within? I wouldn't want the guy on my team. At all. Don't want him in any round. High effort must permeate every fiber of the team and culture.

Comment

Working...
                          X